This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    I know it's in London but if the cat was in the US, what Annoyed suggest would be a huge violation of the Constitution which proves Annoyed picks and chooses what part of the document he supports
    Anyone who would do that to an animal (or any of the other equally cruel acts people do to pets) isn't worthy of being treated as human.

Comment

You don't get to choose who the laws apply to
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        You posted an article, describing a lack of education and knowledge among the voters as being a problem. I posted a possible solution, indicating that it is probably unworkable. What is your proposed solution, then?
        Selecting competent educational ministers?

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          In a recent interview, DeVos (Secretary of Education) couldn't even answer basis education questions. So, that would be a start.

Betsy DeVos crashes, burns in '60 Minutes' interview with Lesley Stahl |Kaffer
          Last edited by LtColCarter; 13 March 2018, 11:07 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

We're not taking her back
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
              DeVos has been Sec. of Ed. for what, a year and change? No one who entered the educational system during her watch could have even reached voting age yet. In addition, that article was written BEFORE she took office.

Wanna try again? If the problem is low information voters, what is your solution? Here's a hint. The only possible way to ensure voters are competent to vote is periodic testing in order to ensure they meet the standard that is set.

As I said, I don't think that will fly in this country.

Comment

DeVos has been Sec. of Ed. for what, a year and change? No one who entered the educational system during her watch could have even reached voting age yet. In addition, that article was written BEFORE she took office.

Wanna try again? If the problem is low information voters, what is your solution? Here's a hint. The only possible way to ensure voters are competent to vote is periodic testing in order to ensure they meet the standard that is set.

As I said, I don't think that will fly in this country.
                Dude...check again. The article I posted above was written YESTERDAY...and UPDATED TODAY. What the hell does people entering the educational system under her watch have anything to do with the fact that she's incompetent? Ahhh...you're still stuck in the past (as usual) on the article about voter education. Guess that hit a nerve.
                sigpic

Comment

It's kind of funny since a few weeks ago Annoyed wanted a person to be a landowner to vote. He contradicted himself again
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                    Dude...check again. The article I posted above was written YESTERDAY...and UPDATED TODAY. What the hell does people entering the educational system under her watch have anything to do with the fact that she's incompetent? Ahhh...you're still stuck in the past (as usual) on the article about voter education. Guess that hit a nerve.
                    I was talking about:

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                    I'm starting to think you really are from 1812...anyway. If it is the Democratic party is uneducated...why are 90+% of the poorest and people living in poverty in red states? Hmmmmm.

Trump Won Because Voters Are Ignorant, Literally
                    Trump Won Because Voters Are Ignorant, Literally
                    Democracy is supposed to enact the will of the people. But what if the people have no clue what they’re doing?
                    By Jason Brennan | November 10, 2016, 2:33 PM

Comment

It's kind of funny since a few weeks ago Annoyed wanted a person to be a landowner to vote. He contradicted himself again
                      I have never said that someone need be a landowner to vote. However, that was a requirement a long time ago.

What I said was that I think people should be working; supporting themselves by the sweat of their own brow in order to vote. If you want to have a say in where the cart goes, you have to be actively pulling the cart. If you are just riding on it, letting others do the work, you don't get a say in where it goes.

I don't care what kind of job you have, paid employment is all I ask.

Comment

I was talking about:
                        Which, if you read my post that you quoted, you would see that I acknowledged you were talking about a post that it seems the thread moved from. Guess ya missed that too.
                        sigpic

Comment

Back in the day...when he first started voting this was a requirement. So, I can see how there would be confusion.

I have never said that someone need be a landowner to vote. However, that was a requirement a long time ago.

What I said was that I think people should be working; supporting themselves by the sweat of their own brow in order to vote. If you want to have a say in where the cart goes, you have to be actively pulling the cart. If you are just riding on it, letting others do the work, you don't get a say in where it goes.

How Mango Mussolini of you.
                          sigpic

Comment

Some of us like mangos. I do see your point. Trump contradictis himself all the time
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

So if you are not employed for a month or so you can't vote. Democracy......

Oh hang on that IS NOT DEMOCRACY. Democracy is where everyone gets to vote not just your chosen few
                              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                                So if you are not employed for a month or so you can't vote. Democracy......

Oh hang on that IS NOT DEMOCRACY. Democracy is where everyone gets to vote not just your chosen few
                                As you may realize...Annoyed doesn't always think out the repercussions of his proposals. Sortta like Mango Mussolini!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X