X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
    Is this your favorite cop out?
    ]
    Its my first time i've used that.. SO kind of hard for it to be my 'favorite cop out'./

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      Its my first time i've used that.. SO kind of hard for it to be my 'favorite cop out'./
      It might not be yours but it's a popular one for sure.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Now to be fair, there is a disproportionate amount of violence coming from Muslims...considering just how few of them there are here. But the more you alienate a people, the more they snug themselves into the categories you put them in. Take the Catalan independence thing. There was a large population in France too, but they ended up integrating. They didn't integrate in Spain because the fascist government at the time tried to force it, vilifying Catalonian culture. Instead of that working, it back fired (Just like British treatment of the 13 colonies here). France has no Catalonian separatists, but Spain does.

By this logic, that means we should treat all white boys in schools with disdain,
        suspicion and require them to jump through extra hoops to prove themselves...considering their reputation for shooting up schools.
        See the bolded/underlined portion of section 1. How many attackers per 1000 persons of each type? For example, if there are 100 times as many "white boys" as there are Muslims, you would expect to see "white boys" carry out 100 times the number of attacks as Muslims do.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
          I'm actually really hoping the current government will be the one to fully ban automatics, better yet all assault weapons, and - one can only hope - even more
          just to see how the neocons handle the dilemma hehe...
          welp turns out I may have been right

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...cks/736544001/

hoho! it's a good start; anything that pisses off his voters is good ^^

more so since Obama actually approved of bump stocks (he said it facilitates usage for the disabled or something)

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
            They think the black market will magically vanish if guns are outlawed. You and I both know that doesn't have a chance in hell of happening. If they can't get them domestically, they will import from other countries. After all, our borders are swiss cheese.
            You make a lot of unfounded assumptions.
            The black market will stay, reduction in supply will force up the price of such weapons on the black market, putting them out of the range of the "common" nutter, even if they possessed the connections to deal with the black market. It would also force up the price of certain rounds as they would only be used with certain weapons.
            As usual, You simply don't know what you are talking about.
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
              See the bolded/underlined portion of section 1. How many attackers per 1000 persons of each type? For example, if there are 100 times as many "white boys" as there are Muslims, you would expect to see "white boys" carry out 100 times the number of attacks as Muslims do.
              Didn't I provide a report where race and ethnicity was a factor?

Non-Muslim attackers outnumber Muslim attackers 2 to 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Didn't I provide a report where race and ethnicity was a factor?

Non-Muslim attackers outnumber Muslim attackers 2 to 1.
                Annoyed is using a different data set.
                Your data set is what happens in America. Annoyed is using a worldwide data set.
                Simple fact is, Islam -does- produce more people willing to kill or be killed for their cause than any other religion -right now.-
                As you say however, Islam makes up a tiny proportion of violence in the USA
                This is why data without context is useless, and frankly, dangerous.
                sigpic

Comment

welp turns out I may have been right

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...cks/736544001/

hoho! it's a good start; anything that pisses off his voters is good ^^

more so since Obama actually approved of bump stocks (he said it facilitates usage for the disabled or something)
                  followup:

http://www.newsweek.com/kellyanne-co...-stocks-678709

so now the far-right is accusing the left of not enough gun control

Comment

followup:

http://www.newsweek.com/kellyanne-co...-stocks-678709

so now the far-right is accusing the left of not enough gun control
                    Yes, while repealing "Obama era" rules on mental checks for gun owners, and pushing for silencers to be legal.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                      pushing for silencers to be legal.
                      dropped that one too

http://oianews.com/gop-leader-nrabac...d-indefinitely

Comment

They have not dropped it at all, it's just "delayed"
                        sigpic

Comment

sine die

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                            Annoyed is using a different data set.
                            Your data set is what happens in America. Annoyed is using a worldwide data set.
                            Simple fact is, Islam -does- produce more people willing to kill or be killed for their cause than any other religion -right now.-
                            As you say however, Islam makes up a tiny proportion of violence in the USA
                            This is why data without context is useless, and frankly, dangerous.
                            Oh, worldwide... well, Islam is the 2nd largest religion in the world, so no surprise there.

1.3 Billion and counting for Islam -- 23 percent of the world
                            2.3 Billion and counting for Christianity -- 32 percent of the world

Comment

I'm starting to think that there might be some sort of organization, or at least some other people involved in Las Vegas. They still have no idea what his motivation was, and the more we learn about it, it seems that it was too meticulously planned for it all to be the efforts of a single person. If so, this would elevate it beyond the status of a lone nutjob to terrorism. I wonder what the goal or objective is.

Comment

hoho I like this one:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0218923e6b3e7

not surprising coming from them of course but it's a miracle it came to light
                                and that piece of sht is among the most fundamentalist of the Prolife™ lot too

Comment

Working...
                                X