• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ depends which side you are on...

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
      ^^ depends which side you are on...
      How? How does it matter which side someone is on? If they expect to be attacked, I don't care which side they're on, it's quite reasonable for them to be prepared.

The only difference I can see is if a leftie, who in general opposes private ownership of firearms brings a gun, he's being a hypocrite. But that's a different discussion. I don't care which side you're on, you have the same rights to defend yourself.

Comment

Falcon Horus:
        There's a funky chart in one of our two zoo's.
        When you eliminate any animal, extinction happens for everything else. Eliminate humans from the chart and no extinction occurs.
        Then you know what must be done
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          How? How does it matter which side someone is on? If they expect to be attacked, I don't care which side they're on, it's quite reasonable for them to be prepared.

The only difference I can see is if a leftie, who in general opposes private ownership of firearms brings a gun, he's being a hypocrite. But that's a different discussion. I don't care which side you're on, you have the same rights to defend yourself.
          You're over thinking my remark, what I meant was 'society' will see a heavily armed Alt-Right as going looking for a fight, whilst they also see a heavily armed Alt-Left as someone merely ready to defend themselves.

Comment

Alt-Left is not a real thing. It is a term used by the white supremacists and neo-nazis of the Alt-Right to describe anyone who opposes them. It's an attempt to normalise their extremist views. "But the left is protesting too!" "They're fighting against us! They must be alternative too!"

Alt-Right itself is a term the Neo-Nazis created for themselves to try to appear more moderate. They're not Nazis, they're just an alternative to the standard right.

There is a word for people who defend the Alt-Right, who use the 'both sides are equally to blame" and Alt-Left defenses.

Collaborator.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
              You're over thinking my remark, what I meant was 'society' will see a heavily armed Alt-Right as going looking for a fight, whilst they also see a heavily armed Alt-Left as someone merely ready to defend themselves.
              But it's not the protester (right or left)'s fault if society misconstrues it. And in fact, I would see it the other way, because while there have been instances of violence initiated by both sides, the left seems to be the instigator in most cases as of late. Like I said, If I were to attend a rally, you can bet your bottom dollar I would be armed and prepared to defend myself. That does not mean that I am intending on attacking anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                You do not come armed to a march for something, unless you have the intention to use those arms at some point during the march -- to intimidate, to attack and to defend (expecting to be attacked).
                So all those antifa thugs who showed up at berkley over the weekend armed with shields and battons/sticks/bags of urine etc, only came to intimidate and attack folk.. YET i don't see much condemnation here of THAT.. (yet)..

You seem to gullibly swallow the idea that man-made climate change is a hoax.
                When the left started on global cooling, them shifted to global warming, then shifted to 'climate change', and thus can't keep their story straight, as well as all the reports of statistics being FAKED for them to push it, what else do you expect people to believe?

I did pennance on saturday morning when I needed to check something and used the hotel wifi -- the article about Arpeio's pardon covered all the penance and then some.
                Rain check accepted.. Now drop and give me 20 squat thrusts!

2 law suits have already been filed and the problem the memorandum is facing is that Obama's ruling was preceded by extensive research which confirmed there was no impact on the readiness of the military. So, it'll be a challenge to defend the ban.
                But Obama's order was not a law, just an EO itself. So it shouldn't be that hard in removing it by another EO..

Comment

No, it's not the same.

You do not come armed to a march for something, unless you have the intention to use those arms at some point during the march -- to intimidate, to attack and to defend (expecting to be attacked).

Assuming Mexicans are rapists is based on the actions of those who were actually convicted of such offence and then projecting that entire believe on an entire group.

I'm projecting my assumption on the marchers and the counterprotestors.

Any other nazi/antifa or militia who wasn't at the march is outside of the scope of this discussion.

You seem to gullibly swallow the idea that man-made climate change is a hoax.

And there he goes with his 2010 proof --

Let me counter this with a very interesting challenge ExxonMobil issued a few years ago, and which two researchers decided to take up:

Harvard scientists took Exxon’s challenge; found it using the tobacco playbook
                  A new study finds a stark contrast between Exxon’s research and what the company told the public

How about that?

Here you go, for anyone interested, the Pope's text (the same one he gifted Trump):

Laudato Si
                  Pope Francis' encyclical on the environment and human ecology

Can be downloaded, ordered or read online for free.

He graduated as a Chemical Technician before he went into priesthood.

Definition of a chemical technician:
                  A chemical technician helps scientists and engineers conduct laboratory tests on new products, procedures, standards and materials. With an associate's degree, a chemical technician may be assigned to project tasks, including data collection, quality control, field sampling, equipment operation, equipment installation and chemical preparation. Bachelor's degree programs are also available, in which students will have the opportunity to pursue advanced study in the field of chemical technology or chemistry.

I did pennance on saturday morning when I needed to check something and used the hotel wifi -- the article about Arpeio's pardon covered all the penance and then some.

The problem is that it is changing faster than what it's used to, and it impacts everything from the smallest organism to the largest animal. It impacts the whole of the ecological environment we call our home and on which we depend to survive for food and warmth and water ...

Like I said -- penance happened for my crime earlier in the thread when I saw this Saturday morning.
                  Cursed like a sailor and then some.

2 law suits have already been filed and the problem the memorandum is facing is that Obama's ruling was preceded by extensive research which confirmed there was no impact on the readiness of the military. So, it'll be a challenge to defend the ban.

Whishing LambdaLegal and ACLU happy hunting!

And Trump tweeting about his "big win in Missouri" while people in Texas were being flooding.

Harvey sure did a number on them.
                  Category 3 predicted and 4 on landfall. And not over yet...

What else is new?

Be glad it's Manning -- probably the nicest he can do when it comes to Chelsea.

Note: Didn't see Skydiver's post until much later. So perhaps she changed it.

They usually don't.

No, because rapid ice melting is perfectly normal.

Congratulations, you just used one of the top but-but-but comments made by climate change deniers.

It's number 73 on the list.

"Volcanoes emit more CO2 than humans" -- Humans emit 100 times more CO2 than volcanoes.

There's a funky chart in one of our two zoo's.

When you eliminate any animal, extinction happens for everything else. Eliminate humans from the chart and no extinction occurs.

Actually, humans are responsible for the enviromnent and the consequences change brings, such as deforestation.

Just goes to show you have no clue what the deal is about, and that it isn't even binding. And for the record, China is the largest producer of alternative energy. They just have to implement it better, and doing a darn good job at it too.

They simply have a lot of catching up to do.

The USA, on the other hand, is technologically ahead of China and should be able to meet the standards set.
                  Should, because like I said, not binding.

Thank you, Sky.
                  then show me which human activity thus far has caused a sudden 3-year drop in global temperatures like the eruption at Mt. Tambora did

you can't but yet you refuse to believe that environmental changes aren't brought about solely by human activity

Comment

So, this Ottmar Edenhofer and Christina Figueres are one and the same person?
                    Sorry, brain fart. In any case, two does not make an overwhelming majority. Neither does pressured scientists crunching numbers for one study. It's not like there hasn't been less than legit activity from "scientists" hired by the oil and coal companies to contradict climate change.

Then why aren't the "scientists" objecting to their data being used to push a political agenda?

Oh, and btw, what about "fudged data"?

https://science.house.gov/news/press...limate-records

Seems to me that at least some of the scientists are perfectly happy going along with the scam.
                    The fact that other scientists also called them out on it?
                    The problem is that it is changing faster than what it's used to, and it impacts everything from the smallest organism to the largest animal. It impacts the whole of the ecological environment we call our home and on which we depend to survive for food and warmth and water ...
                    That's the stupidest thing you ever said. Everyone knows that weather is magic, and humans can't do magic. Therefore humans have no part in it whatsoever, because magic.

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                    Alt-Left is not a real thing. It is a term used by the white supremacists and neo-nazis of the Alt-Right to describe anyone who opposes them. It's an attempt to normalise their extremist views. "But the left is protesting too!" "They're fighting against us! They must be alternative too!"

Alt-Right itself is a term the Neo-Nazis created for themselves to try to appear more moderate. They're not Nazis, they're just an alternative to the standard right.

There is a word for people who defend the Alt-Right, who use the 'both sides are equally to blame" and Alt-Left defenses.

Collaborator.
                    Well put, but your post will be ignored by certain posters...

That said, the left side of things isn't really showing up to be a paragon of peace and love either. Antifa itself is rather....scary if you ask me. Not Nazi scary, but still scarier than a bunch of hippies camping out on your front lawn. Antifa will be nice to you as long as you toe the party line, but the moment you step too far to the center or the right,
                    prepare to be harassed, and if you are a woman prepare to be the butt of sexist jokes which are OK as long as it is a left minded comedian or person saying them.

But on the flip side, the Nazis take things up to a level way beyond anything the antifa have done, so far. Frankly, defending nazis by pointing at antifa really is no different than defending terrorists by pointing out how they were provoked by western or Jewish acts of aggression every time a terrorist act takes place. Or blaming the cops for the criminal speeding down the highway causing accidents. If the cops didn't chase them,
                    they wouldn't have been speeding huh? I could go on as to how illogical and morally questionable such a thing is.

Antifa is still, despite my dislike of them and their violent tendencies, NOT the opposite of neo-nazis or the Klan or the Skinheads. So far, in the US, they have no opposite. The Alt Right is alone in its level of extremism.
                    By Nolamom
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                      then show me which human activity thus far has caused a sudden 3-year drop in global temperatures like the eruption at Mt. Tambora did

you can't but yet you refuse to believe that environmental changes aren't brought about solely by human activity
                      MG, No SINGLE event can play out like a volcanic eruption (unless you want to go for nukes). Death by 1000 cuts is -still- death, no different to the metaphorical gunshot of a volcanic eruption. Oh, and no one has said the Earth does not have -natural- climate variations, so I reject your strawman.
                      sigpic
                      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

*takes the straw to make a Gatefan scarecrow*

This is my greatest creation yet
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          *takes the straw to make a Gatefan scarecrow*

This is my greatest creation yet
                          *Uses Heathen rites to bring the scarecrow to life*
                          sigpic

Comment

We should have it follow Annoyed around
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

It was better off dead.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post

I think the problem is that you are confusing long term human cause for sole human impact. The science doesn't claim sole human impact, just that humans do in fact play A role over the long term. Volcanoes are indeed dangerous for the environment...but that doesn't mean we should go ahead and throw kerosene into the fire, does it now? It also matters the specific contaminants being introduced into the atmosphere and environment, and the deforestation of the planet. Europe used to be mostly forest, then at one point in the past almost became forest free until monarchs started to notice it and instilled strong rules to preserve trees, for pragmatic reasons considering their value as a resource. Removing trees also impacts the environment, plowing pavement over grass, destroying rain forest, all of that reduces the biosphere's ability to convert CO2 into O2. And that's just one example. Add up all the other things done, since the beginnings of the first industrial revolution...and it does make a difference.
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X