Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which is why i hope if they DO caliexit, that the break is FULL.. No staying on federal dollars, no staying US citizens, no keeping Federal stuff that's there...

Comment

We will never be lucky enough to see that, until nature takes care of the problem when Calif. falls into the sea. The country will never be rid of my state either, which is almost as bad as Calif.

And, back on the topic of sancuary city BS...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...es-policy.html

They're gonna sue over a few million dollars they buy police cars with? If you ask me, any city / jurisdiction that declares itself a sanctuary for illegals ought to lose every last dime they get from the feds, period. I don't care what its for.

Maybe they can make up the revenue with the taxes they collect from all these hard working illegals.

Oh, yeah, I forgot.

LA made $1.3B in illegal immigrant welfare payouts in just 2 years

Illegal immigrant families received nearly $1.3 billion in Los Angeles County welfare money during 2015 and 2016, nearly one-?quarter of the amount spent on the county’s entire needy population, according to data obtained by Fox News.

The data was obtained from the county Department of Public Social Services -- which is responsible for doling out the benefits -- and gives a snapshot of the financial costs associated with sanctuary and related policies.
      Reality just doesn't match up with the drivel we get from the left, does it?

Comment

1.3 billion is less than 1% of California's state budget.
        Math and context, drivel the right does not understand.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          1.3 billion is less than 1% of California's state budget.
          Math and context, drivel the right does not understand.
          1: We're not talking about the state of Calif. We're talking about the county of Los Angeles. Likely a somewhat smaller pile.
          2: I don't care if its 1% or not. Maybe you're rich enough to afford to waste money, and the liberal elites that push for this crap certainly are, but I'm not, and I'm sure the working stiffs paying those taxes aren't either.
          3: What part of illegal is so hard to understand? They shouldn't be getting 5 cents, they shouldn't even be in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
            1: We're not talking about the state of Calif. We're talking about the county of Los Angeles. Likely a somewhat smaller pile.
            30 billion, which means 5.3 is earmarked for things covered under welfare.
            2: I don't care if its 1% or not. Maybe you're rich enough to afford to waste money, and the liberal elites that push for this crap certainly are, but I'm not, and I'm sure the working stiffs paying those taxes aren't either.
            Do you have any notion how many working stiffs it takes to equal the amount of taxation generated by one "elite" Liberal or Conservative?
            See, this is the real problem with Right Wing media, they take actual facts, but make up context. You yourself have argued the "tax free month" where you have paid off your tax bill, but the right wing media only gives you the number for the -state- tax bill, and you think it is somehow relevant to you. Guess what? It has no relevance to you as the "joe taxpayer" at all. The number used is a "flattened" number where instead of using what each person actually contributes, it is an aggregate number to be used "in general", and very few actually sit where that number is.
            3: What part of illegal is so hard to understand? They shouldn't be getting 5 cents, they shouldn't even be in the country.
            It's not hard for me to understand at all. You want them out, go ahead and get them out, I can hardly comment on fair immigration policy from an "Australian perspective", history shows us to be pricks in that regard. What I -can- argue coming from a nation built on convicts, many of whom were sentenced to life in Australia for stealing to survive is that if you cut off all help and support, people will turn to criminality, and the cost of that is quite frankly, much higher, especially today.
            sigpic

Comment

On a lighter note, sometimes justice works:
              https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/04/phar...raud-case.html
              sigpic

Comment

30 billion, which means 5.3 is earmarked for things covered under welfare.

Do you have any notion how many working stiffs it takes to equal the amount of taxation generated by one "elite" Liberal or Conservative?
                See, this is the real problem with Right Wing media, they take actual facts, but make up context. You yourself have argued the "tax free month" where you have paid off your tax bill, but the right wing media only gives you the number for the -state- tax bill, and you think it is somehow relevant to you. Guess what? It has no relevance to you as the "joe taxpayer" at all. The number used is a "flattened" number where instead of using what each person actually contributes, it is an aggregate number to be used "in general", and very few actually sit where that number is.
                Are you perhaps talking about "tax freedom day" ?
                Note how late NY is, May 11. Don't try to tell me it's not relevant to me, either. I pay the property taxes on my home, I pay state & federal income tax, I pay school taxes as well, along with all of the other taxes we are hit with here. Even at my relatively low income level, these taxes are among the highest in the country. A few years ago, the immediate area around me had the dubious distinction of having the highest property tax rate in the entire country. (tax due / dollar of assessed value)

These aren't imaginary or abstract numbers. I work damn near half the year just to satisfy the tax collector(s)

Comment

Calculate all you pay in state/fed taxes, deduct any deductions, and see how much of a 1/12th of your income.
                  sigpic

Comment

Folks, if you want to make progress in whatever your agenda is, you can't just ignore reality when it bites you in the arse.

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Nissan auto workers in Mississippi say no to union

In a vote of 2,244 to 1,307, Nissan workers rejected a proposal that they be represented by United Auto Workers.
                    “The result of the election was a setback for these workers, the UAW and working Americans everywhere, but in no way should it be considered a defeat,” UAW President Dennis Williams said in a statement.
                    Should not be considered a defeat? Dude, you got handed your head, and they didn't bother with the basket.

I have no objection to unions in the private sector; if the workers feel they need them, have at it. But these guys are just being stupid. If you can't admit you're losing, you'll never change what you're doing so you might win.

Comment

broken link
                      sigpic

Comment

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/08/...-to-union.html

Works for me, both Firefox & IE.. Geolocked?

Comment

Nah, that one works.

I think you took some things out of context, or at least removed the reasons why they said what they did.
                          sigpic

Comment

Of course the union claims intimidation. Have you ever seen them not after a loss?

We had an election at my employer about 10 years back. (both unions lost, we chose to self-represent) and I can say first hand that there was no intimidation, but the unions claimed there was anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                              Of course the union claims intimidation. Have you ever seen them not after a loss?
                              Yes.
                              We had an election at my employer about 10 years back. (both unions lost, we chose to self-represent) and I can say first hand that there was no intimidation, but the unions claimed there was anyway.
                              How well have the workers done -as a group- in 10 years?
                              sigpic

Comment

Yes.

How well have the workers done -as a group- in 10 years?
                                Not well. The vote results were not in accordance with my personal choice. I saw the handwriting on the wall, and voted for one of the two competing unions, because I thought we would fare better under them. Sadly, I was right.

Comment

Working...
                                X