This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I saw it appear, and then I was like... Great!

Also, as Chernobyl came up in the article, my sister mentioned a rather disturbing anecdote from when the reactor exploded. Not that I wasn't aware of it yet, but hearing it said out loud is always too confirming. When the reactor exploded, the Ukraine tried to hide the disaster for as long as was possible. They didn't want to admit anything had happened.
    So, when did Belgium realize something was wrong, when workers at Belgo Nuclear couldn't get into their own work area because the radiation that was measured on them coming in the work area (yes, they are checked going in and out of the area) was already too high. So yeah, you can only imagine the level of radiation all of us at the time were really exposed to.

I guess, we should be glad it's only ransomware.
    Actually, at the time (1986) there wasn't a Ukraine, there was the good old USSR. They were in such heavy denial that even the firefighter crews who tried to put out the reactor fire didn't know that they were dealing with a nuclear reactor. They made a 20 second public announcement that referred to reactor damage on TV after raised radiation levels were detected by a nuclear power plant in Sweden (not Belgium) which was some 1000 km from Chernobyl. Radioactive contamination was spread all over Europe, although the Russians managed to stop most of the airborne nastiness by seeding the clouds and causing rain. The Belorussian city of Gomel was basically bathed in radioactive rain.
    If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

You do have to wonder sometimes. Fly could be onto something.

Someone had to introduce this into the internet for it to propagate in the first place.
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        Talk about collapsing, it seems the woes of PR are not just limited to them. Guam, Micronesia and now the US virgin islands are feeling the pain too..

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...explained.html

http://www.aafp.org/news/chapter-of-...ichapters.html

What's the common trend here. TOO MUCH debt, Too much entitlement programs, too much pension pay outs, and not enough income..
        Considering that the US is several trillions of dollars in debt and the president's current budget proposal would only add on another few trillion to it, is it really that surprising that our territories are no different?
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
          ...this isn't like the movies where some masked crusader sits in a darkened room and magically gains access to a computer hundreds of miles away that doesn't even have an internet connection, in the good old days we'd call this a self inflicted problem, not attack.
          Oh come on... Don't ruin it!

Originally posted by Womble View Post
          Actually, at the time (1986) there wasn't a Ukraine, there was the good old USSR.
          Good point.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
            You do have to wonder sometimes. Fly could be onto somethin
            Ohhhh You just went and got your self OSTRACIZED Big time there Coco.
            So in other words...Welcome to the Ostrich Club!!!!!

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
            Considering that the US is several trillions of dollars in debt and the president's current budget proposal would only add on another few trillion to it, is it really that surprising that our territories are no different?
            Only a "Few Trillion"? Then Trump is already saving us WAY more money then Obama did. Cause Obama couldn't burn the tax payers money FAST enough!!
            I like Sharky
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
              You do have to wonder sometimes. Fly could be onto something.

Someone had to introduce this into the internet for it to propagate in the first place.
              The better question is what is Fly not on?
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

The Cry Baby Poo poo Pills that you are on Jelgate.
                I like Sharky
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                  Very odd. It's an NYT link, easily searchable by headline but when I put the URL into the Gateworld post, the link turns out busted.
                  Might be a geolock. Link works fine for me.

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                    Not really, but look at where we got most of that debt from.. IIRC we were barely 9 tril under Bush Jr, then obama got in and we racked up 10+ tril in debt since..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      Not really, but look at where we got most of that debt from.. IIRC we were barely 9 tril under Bush Jr, then obama got in and we racked up 10+ tril in debt since..
                      Yeah but it was all for a Good Cause... like Making Obama and his Corrupt Cavalcade of Cronies RICH!!!
                      I like Sharky
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                        Well obviously your Gubmin IS Collapsing because if you took home that much AFTER Taxes, then You aren't paying Your fair share in Taxes. You need to be PAYING MUCH MORE! IT is your Duty as a Leftist. Pay Up You Greedy Money Horde'er YOU!
                        Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                        I would explain, but it would be a waste of time.
                        I found this instead:

Now, I think Jimmy is an idiot for the most part, but this, information wise, is accurate.
                        sigpic
                        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

the swamp is overflowing

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...627-story.html

the excuse for nominating that POS was ditching greenhouse gas regulations for "more sensible" regulation but it turns out he won't regulate anything so they might as well shut down the EPA

MAKE AMERICA SICK AGAIN

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                            the swamp is overflowing

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...627-story.html

the excuse for nominating that POS was ditching greenhouse gas regulations for "more sensible" regulation but it turns out he won't regulate anything so they might as well shut down the EPA

MAKE AMERICA SICK AGAIN

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

America is great again.

How about building a dome over the USA
                            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

America votes!!!
                              **** Americans!!
                              sigpic
                              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

It's why I moved to GF's backyard
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X