This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    So how's that great yuge Carrier deal going?
    This one?
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.eb0dd565169f
    How many new jobs has Trump created inside the USA?
    Probably quite a few, but lets see what happens with trumps tax cuts. If they fall through, it could get interesting.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      Of course not. As I noted, all the company has to do is lie. Damned hard to prove it's a lie. "We felt that another candidate was a better fit for the job". How you going to prove or disprove that?
      Yup. Which is why imo those laws are toothless, since there IS no real way to prove or disprove someone violated them..

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Have you been on a vacation by plane lately? Have you seen how they abuse your suitcase...
      Cause mine's scratched all over, and possibly dented. One of my wheels is rolling funky and the sticker I put on the side is ripped (fixed that with ducktape).

Handle with care is quite foreign to the the machines smacking my suitcase around as it makes its way to the right plane, and then there are the guys throwing them around.
      Yup. Just like marking boxes sent by the mail "Fragile handle with care" is often a signal to those postal workers to KICK it around..

Comment

When i went to New York you had to open your case, for someone somewhere to search them, they were not in view of us, they told us that the people doing the search would lock them for us, they didn't lock them, great eh, anyone could have put anything in them, and this was just after 9/11
        sigpic

Comment

Every search of handluggage at least, has been done after approval from the owner, in this case me (and I won't say no -- cause I'm not that stupid ), and always in front of me. Same with luggage. If they see something that doesn't track, they pull you from the waiting line and do a search with the owner at their side.

Leaving for Mallorca, my sister was checked for explosive residue, and my backpack got a drugtest.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

What did they find?
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

I expect and accept that, but we remained in line while they went off somewhere with it and they did not lock it up as they said they would, that to me is stupid, anyone could have put anything in it
              sigpic

Comment

Leaving for Mallorca, my sister was checked for explosive residue, and my backpack got a drugtest.

I've known EOD techs returning from deployment who's stuff set off those explosive residue testers..

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  What did they find?
                  I suspect the wiff of weed-smoke we passed through on our way to the terminal set it off.

Test came back negative.

Although, I have to admit I'm always pleased when I casually mention there's a roll of toiletpaper at the bottom, right when the security person's hand gets at the bottom of my backpack. There's always that moment's hesitation of "say what now?" -- I'm a hiker, guys, and in the middle of nowhere it comes in handy.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

OK so they have a ban on laptops and such devices but what's to stop someone putting their device in the cargo hold as requested and then if it is a bomb it goes off by remote.?
                    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I am not sure I even want to know what your backpack does in its spare time.
                      If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                        I am not sure I even want to know what your backpack does in its spare time.
                        well backpacks are for trips

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                          well backpacks are for trips
                          sigpic
                          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Comment

Although, I have to admit I'm always pleased when I casually mention there's a roll of toiletpaper at the bottom, right when the security person's hand gets at the bottom of my backpack. There's always that moment's hesitation of "say what now?" -- I'm a hiker, guys, and in the middle of nowhere it comes in handy.
                              Heck, as i have had issues using the TP ON planes before, i've also often taken a roll with me in my carry on..

Comment

Haha that's exactly what happened to me at the London Eye security check, the guy asked if there was anything sharp and I said no, just a flask, portable power bank, my lunch and a toilet roll.

He literally froze solid, looked up and said "toilet roll?", the other security guy laughed and said "this isn't their visit to London if they bought a bog roll with them".

Comment

Working...
                                X