Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But if there would be new elections, would that mean a new 4-year period or would it be until the end of the previous president's term?
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Again, that's not exactly defined (as far as I am aware), I -assume- it would be basically a "special election" to cover just until the end of the current term so as not to mess with the mid-terms.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I don't think you'll see new elections, as I don't think there are any provisions for such. If you recall, when Nixon stepped down before he was impeached, VP Ford took over until the next election in 1976.

Comment

What I linked gives the rationale and provisions. Like I said, not doing it is a -norm-, not a LAW.
          sigpic

Comment

I know about the designated survivor during inauguration, but I couldn't find anything about what happens when all the people in the line of succession are incapacitated (like they did in BSG for example).

Comment

The chances of that happening are -very- remote.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                The chances of that happening are -very- remote.
                But not impossible...

Contingency plans need contingency plans, just to be safe.

Comment

Heh. You folks can stop dreaming about getting a Democrat in there as a replacement if he is impeached. I've got better odds of winning the lottery, and I don't play the lottery.

If he is impeached, Pence will slide in till 2020, at which time, the voters will make up their minds. A lot of that will depend on what Pence does. If Pence pardons him or some such nonsense, as Ford did w/Nixon, he'll be out in 2021 for sure. If not, we'll have to see.

Comment

I'd settle for someone a little less crazy. Even Pence is better
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

that's why I'm not sure if impeaching the LSOS would be a good idea - they'd have to find a reason to impeach Pence next, and that's utterly win-lottery-without-playing-lottery impossible

Comment

Even their plans have plans, and those plans have plans, and those plans have more plans.

I read that somewhere.
                        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I'll be the first to admit that Trump has not played out as well as I had hoped. I'd give him a C or maybe a C - for a grade at this point. And if they can prove collusion or some such, then he ought to be impeached, and Pence slides in.

But even with all this, he was still a better choice than Hillary would have been.

Comment

Aw, we have a Snowflake in the house.

There, there -- it'll get better (or worse).

Shoot, I forgot what I was actually going to say.
                            Oh no wait, I remember...

This is by far the best season of The Apprentice yet.

And also, Erdogan is coming to town. I wonder if he's going to complain about the US providing the Kurds with weapons to fight IS.
                            And perhaps he'll have some handy dictator-tips for #45.

Comment

Throwing the press in forced labor camps?
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post

But even with all this, he was still a better choice than Hillary would have been.

Comment

Working...
                                X