This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Annoyed, don't argue with Womble about travel and planes, the man does it every day, and unlike most service drones, he is willing to use his brain.
    It's okay; people argue with me all the time.

Re: wheelchairs, most airlines fly them free of charge and with little trouble so long as it's a manual wheelchair and the request is under code WCHR (wheelchair for the ramp). Request for powered wheelchair is more of a hassle to put in, because you need to provide a lot of info; I recently had to argue with a customer who refused to provide the necessary information such as wheelchair manufacturer and model; he felt more comfortable arguing with me for half an hour than taking a good look at his damn wheelchair. WCHC requests (wheelchair all the way to the seat) are possible but there's a pile of medical forms to fill.

To my knowledge, the only disability service that is actually chargeable is if you request the airline to provide in-flight medical oxygen.

No diss to you Womble, just I know how many smart people do crap jobs just for the money, or extra money.
    It's not a bad job, actually, especially once you pass the service drone stage and carve out your own niche. It's not glamorous on the outside, but my skill set is worth a fair bit of money on the labor market.
    If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      But I don't want it replaced with some piece of modern artwork that was made by throwing shiznit against the wall and seeing what stuck, which is what the current bill appears to be.
      In Trumpcare's case, not much stuck to that wall.

I would rather they take some time, put together a plan which scraps LSoScare and replaces it with a well thought out plan that keeps the promises Trump made and get it passed before January 2019. (I expect Congress to flip)
      Here's an idea, how about universal healthcare, like the one #45 praised Australia for.

And there's a good chance of flipping. But who knows what America does next.

I hope he gets a huge win or a fat settlement.
      Pun intended, I imagine.

Settlement was around 74K so that's not that fat.

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
      won't the airline face criminal charges too? (endangering a passenger's health or something - I reckon there's a law for that)
      Considering some airline's thinking about taking even more off legspace, I'm inclined to say nope, they probaly won't.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      Hence why i say he (and the gop) should have just REPEALED it fully. Then started from scratch to fix things.
      Oh yes, no insurance at all... That would be even better.

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      OK Annoyed how is rape a preexisting condition that would deny a woman healthcare?
      Not so much deny as add extra charges making the health insurance unaffordable for the average middle class working woman. And completely out of reach for any woman below that.

Apparently erectile dysfunction isn't a pre-existing condition, though. Who knew? :rolleyes;

Originally posted by Womble View Post
      As we speak, AA is cutting two more inches of legroom from their planes' economy class seats. We might soon get a new category of problem passengers- too tall to fly.
      As a tall person -- 5'10" -- I can assure you that's already the case.

With even less space, I'll probably have to store my leggs in the overhead compartment.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Just like passengers have to put up with a crying baby on a plane
      A personal nightmare, I have to admit, ... both for me and the parents.

Not the same situation. The crying baby does not intrude upon the physical space of another.
      You clearly never sat next to one.

have you ever listened to a crying child?
      Many flights already.

Once from London back to Brussels, and right before landing he decided to stop, and then the landing procedure started and he started again. A whole hour of wailing kid. Glad I was off that small plane -- I nearly bolted out.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Here's an idea, how about universal healthcare, like the one #45 praised Australia for.
        The UK Has universal healthcare courtesy of the NHS< and i know MANY friends and famly who when they can afford it, FLY TO the US to get their health care seen too, rather than WAIT for the NHS to get to them.

Considering some airline's thinking about taking even more off legspace, I'm inclined to say nope, they probaly won't.
        Well, if people want gun makers to get held to account for a criminal shooting some place up using their products, i can't see WHY airlines shouldn't also be done for health issues cropping up on their passengers cause they KEEP making the amount of leg space (and other space) smaller.. thus inflaiming back, DVT or other health issues..

Oh yes, no insurance at all... That would be even better.
        If someone bought an insurance plan under obama care, they wouldn't lose it if obama care when under. THEY purchased a product from a insurance provider.. YES they might lose out on the bonus obamacare gave..
        BUT just cause some might lose out, is no reason to keep a bad plan in place..

Apparently erectile dysfunction isn't a pre-existing condition, though. Who knew? :rolleyes;
        Now that's one thing i've always found farcced up.. WHY ED pills are covered, but plastic surgery is not.

With even less space, I'll probably have to store my leggs in the overhead compartment.
        Just think how bad it is for someone 6ft 3!

Comment

The UK Has universal healthcare courtesy of the NHS< and i know MANY friends and famly who when they can afford it, FLY TO the US to get their health care seen too, rather than WAIT for the NHS to get to them.
          The USA -does- have some of, if not most of the best doctors in the world, but that's not the issue, it's affordability that is the issue. The Poms may have to wait for the NHS, the US system does not give a rats arse unless you can pay.
          You think that "the best doctors in the world" sit in emergency wards??
          Well, if people want gun makers to get held to account for a criminal shooting some place up using their products, i can't see WHY airlines shouldn't also be done for health issues cropping up on their passengers cause they KEEP making the amount of leg space (and other space) smaller.. thus inflaiming back, DVT or other health issues..
          Umm, the same people saying gun makers should be held to account are the SAME people who think airlines should also be held to account.
          Neither are doing too well, cause they are whiney liberal snowflakes.
          If someone bought an insurance plan under obama care, they wouldn't lose it if obama care when under. THEY purchased a product from a insurance provider.. YES they might lose out on the bonus obamacare gave..
          BUT just cause some might lose out, is no reason to keep a bad plan in place..
          The government is not the insurance company.
          This is the mistake Obama made by saying "if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor". The Government has NO magic ball saying that their plans will not impact the free market, and Obama was a raging idiot to make such a promise. Regulate, don't regulate, either option has an impact.

Now that's one thing i've always found farcced up.. WHY ED pills are covered, but plastic surgery is not.
          Look at the people writing the bills.

Just think how bad it is for someone 6ft 3!
          Just buy a second seat for your legs, it's your fault you are tall.
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

The USA -does- have some of, if not most of the best doctors in the world, but that's not the issue, it's affordability that is the issue. The Poms may have to wait for the NHS, the US system does not give a rats arse unless you can pay.
            You think that "the best doctors in the world" sit in emergency wards??
            Not if they can help it they aren't!

Umm, the same people saying gun makers should be held to account are the SAME people who think airlines should also be held to account.
            Not based on my experience.. Liberals whine about holding gun makers to account for someone doing criminal acts with their product, but when someone brings up "well, why not do the same to car makers for when people kill when driving drunk" they often say "well its not the same thing"..

Look at the people writing the bills.
            Too damn true. And looking at how many politicians still smoke, that's why you will never see an outright ban on tobacco.. That plus they rake in way too much tax to give up that cash cow..

People can control how heavy they are. THey can't control how tall they are..

Comment

In which case, they are probably raking in the cash to pay for the plane ticket, the stay in the US, the hospital bills cause damn. Or they got lucky and got into an experimental trial, for which they still have to pay the trip and residence.

Plenty cases known for such situations -- last resorts or hopeful promise towards an extension on life or a means to stave off the inevitable.

...but plastic surgery is not.
              Is corrective surgery covered?

The emergency exit has more leg space.

People can control how heavy they are.
              I wish that were true.

Comment

People can control how heavy they are. THey can't control how tall they are..
                come on surely with a proper diet you can lose a bit of height too

Comment

In which case, they are probably raking in the cash to pay for the plane ticket, the stay in the US, the hospital bills cause damn. Or they got lucky and got into an experimental trial, for which they still have to pay the trip and residence.
                  While those i personally knew would't be in a US sense of 'raking it in' they were not paupers..

Dunno..

I wish that were true.
                  Even those with tyroid issues can still keep their weight under control with working out..

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                    come on surely with a proper diet you can lose a bit of height too
                    Just cut off a bit from the bottom -- that should work.

But perhaps first find out whether corrective surgery is covered -- like breastsize reduction due to medical reasons. Or scar correction. So length reduction...

Comment

Since that situation sounds like they're paying for it out of their own pocket, rather than NHS insurance, I would assume whatever they want to pay for would be "covered".

Comment

Since that situation sounds like they're paying for it out of their own pocket, rather than NHS insurance, I would assume whatever they want to pay for would be "covered".
                        Not always -- many a crwodfunding I've seen for experimental treatments have to be paid in full by the receiving patient. And success isn't guaranteed.

I'm not familiar with other things people would cross borders for in regards to health care, except perhaps euthenasia.

Comment

As a tall person -- 5'10" -- I can assure you that's already the case.

That is the funnest airline joke I've read in a very long time!

Speaking of,

United Airlines apologizes for sending woman to San Francisco instead of Paris.

I can assure you that this kind of thing happens more often than people think, but usually due to incorrect booking. A couple of years ago, Turkish Airlines mistakenly sent a newlywed Israeli couple to Dhaka in Bangladesh instead of Dakar in Senegal. My own agency has in the past mistakenly sent a man to Trieste instead of Tenerife, and I have lost count to how many times I caught our agents booking Kharkiv instead of Krakow or vice versa (airport codes differ by a single letter, HRK vs. KRK, so it's a common error, and Poland or Ukraine - they're all Russians to them).

The USA is travel agent's worst nightmare in that regard because few non-Americans know American geography well enough, and the number of same-named cities is mind-boggling. Just last week one woman's ticket was booked to Portland, Maine instead of Portland, Oregon; neither the woman nor the agent knew that there were two different Portlands in the USA. And don't get me started on the Springfields.
                          If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Ya know, it's just not a good time for UA.

United faces legal action from owners of giant rabbit that died after flight

Accidents happen, but why did UA cremate the thing before anyone could determine WHY it died?

Comment

Is Trump preparing to blow off another campaign promise?

Trump delaying decision on Paris climate deal

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump is delaying a decision on whether to withdraw from the landmark international climate deal struck in Paris under the Obama administration.
                              He's backing down on pulling out of NAFTA. He looks like he might be backing down on this.
                              He's backing down on his wall and his illegal immigration stances.

He's not gonna have anyone voting for him in 2020 if this keeps up.

Comment

Just cut off a bit from the bottom -- that should work.

But perhaps first find out whether corrective surgery is covered -- like breastsize reduction due to medical reasons. Or scar correction. So length reduction...
                                Breast augumentation iirc is. Scar correction, is. Not sure about other cosmetic stuff.

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                                That is the funnest airline joke I've read in a very long time!

Speaking of,

United Airlines apologizes for sending woman to San Francisco instead of Paris.

I can assure you that this kind of thing happens more often than people think, but usually due to incorrect booking. A couple of years ago, Turkish Airlines mistakenly sent a newlywed Israeli couple to Dhaka in Bangladesh instead of Dakar in Senegal.
                                Or cause someone in the mil has a damn closely similar SSN (last 4 that is), and same initials (DS), the personnel dept Screw up which one goes where when leaving A school goign to their first command.. In my case i was sent to Groton Co, to the sub base there, while the guy i was switched with went to norfolk..

Comment

Working...
                                X