This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
    Yell about the radio transmitters in your teeth that broadcast subliminal messages into your brain telling you to wear pants
    Say what now?

That would explain that weird beeping I constantly hear though.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Say what now?

That would explain that weird beeping I constantly hear though.
      ...You're wearing pants, aren't you?

Comment

...You're wearing pants, aren't you?
        Yes, I am.

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Yes, I am.

*tries using a different message*

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
            That certainly was a racially based comment, clearly inferring that Carson is a "coon".
            And your response about the "only sites reporting" is making my point. The MSM will not cover this.

On the other hand, news from leftie sites such as huffington is "fair and balanced", right"

Note the emotionally charged headline. That's really unbiased, isn't it?
            Why is this newsworthy?
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
              Why is this newsworthy?
              It's not. It's Twitter Why do people take it so seriously?

Comment

Why is this newsworthy?
                (assuming that wasn't sarcasm)

Illustrates bias in media coverage. As well as the obvious racial epitaph. If anyone on the right had made such an insult to the current occupant of the White House, the media would have (Justifiably) grilled him like a cheese sandwich.
                Aside from Fox, I haven't heard a peep about it.

Comment

Illustrates bias in media coverage. As well as the obvious racial epitaph. If anyone on the right had made such an insult to the current occupant of the White House, the media would have (Justifiably) grilled him like a cheese sandwich.
                  That should tell you something about Fox's priorities when it comes to reporting "news"

Comment

That should tell you something about Fox's priorities when it comes to reporting "news"
                    Or perhaps it tells me something of the bias of the MSM.

Comment

Or perhaps it tells me something of the bias of the MSM.
                      So.. a comment posted on Twitter, which is the internet equivalent of standing on the street corner in your bathrobe yelling at traffic, is more important than every other event going on in the world?

If you put all this anger of yours into doing something productive you might actually be able to make a difference in this world, instead of complaining about.. everything. Seriously, is there anything you do like?

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                        Exactly, yes. It's war. People die in war. Soldiers get killed in war.

I feel we (as a society) have become too sensitive for our own good.
                        Which seems the opposite when it comes to shootings in our own country (chicago!!!).

Are you too old to be drafted? Are you willing to lay down your life for your country? Do you have children that can be drafted to lay down their lives?

Will you tell your son or daughter that if it comes to it you want them to kill, take a life, because you prefer bringing them lemonade rather than flowers for their graves? That is, if that grave is known.
                        I have to question the validity of that question when it comes from a female who is unlikely to be forced to serve in a combat role. You're asking him if he is willing to place his personal hide at risk, when you yourself are not likely to be forced into doing the same thing.
                        I agree. Which is why i feel IF females want equality in the branches, being in combat arms etc, then they too should be required to sign up for selective service and be draft eligible.

But to answer Falcon's questions.
                        I am currently 41 (will turn 42 in Feb next year). I already was in harms way several times during my 20 year naval career, including a 10 month tour in Iraq. As for kids, i have none, but if i did i would tell them its part of their duty to the country to serve.

I wonder if the MSM will pick up on this:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...n-racial-slur/

If anyone on the right had called the current occupant of the White House a racial epitaph, the MSM would have had a field day. My bet is they won't even find this worthy of the front page.
                        Because it's not..

She didn't call him anything, no racial slurs were pointed in his direction He wasn't mentioned in her tweet at all Not even hinted at..

The only sites reporting on this are the tinfoil hat brigade
                        Isn't it?? how is saying Carson should have won the "Coon of the year award" Not a racial epitaph?

Why is this newsworthy?
                        Cause it shows a clear double standard on the left. Just look at the outrage MSN drummed up against the former owner of the Clippers cause of his 'racist' comment about "you shouldn't have brought his kind in"..

Comment

So.. a comment posted on Twitter, which is the internet equivalent of standing on the street corner in your bathrobe yelling at traffic, is more important than every other event going on in the world?

If you put all this anger of yours into doing something productive you might actually be able to make a difference in this world, instead of complaining about.. everything. Seriously, is there anything you do like?
                          Nice try, changing the subject there.. I will likely address your question later.

But tell me, what would happen if Trump, Limbaugh, Hannity or anyone else for that matter on the political right made such a comment about the current occupant of the White House via twitter, or any other communications medium?

Comment

Seriously, is there anything you do like?
                            he unconditionally likes corporations (the wealthier the holier) as well as government (some aspects of it anyway)

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                              he unconditionally likes corporations (the wealthier the holier) as well as government (some aspects of it anyway)
                              *smacks SoulReaver upside the head with a Battlestar*
                              You might want to re-read some of my postings. A fair quantity of them involve dislike of big corporations, particularly their headlock on the leadership of the Republican party.

Comment

(assuming that wasn't sarcasm)

Had this nut been white or Hispanic or something else, you just might have a point. But she's black...and there doesn't seem to be any outrage among black people. So why should I care?

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                                Isn't it?? how is saying Carson should have won the "Coon of the year award" Not a racial epitaph?
                                So the news should report all comments of such a nature found on twitter? Are you kidding me? Maybe if she wasn't black, just maybe. But she's black...and the context and the way it was phrased doesn't seem to indicate anything beyond her being a bit crazy.

Cause it shows a clear double standard on the left. Just look at the outrage MSN drummed up against the former owner of the Clippers cause of his 'racist' comment about "you shouldn't have brought his kind in"..
                                Was he black or non-black? Don't you see how the message was placed in context?

Crazyface said that Carson should win a "Coon of the year" award because of something he said. An action. The Clippers dude didn't speak to a person's action at all. He was speaking about an entire group and it didn't matter how angelic they were, to him and his words they were bad because of their "race". That's a difference in the order of a magnitude.
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X