This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Wow, you must be one of those folks who has no problem cleaning out the blood and brainmass, or other bodyparts shot to a pulp.
    easily beats collateral damage though doesn't it

there's a reason why Joe Biden himself recommended it

But oh dear, once you take a life... that guilt will stay with you until the very end.
    yup once I take an innocent life... that guilt will stay with me till the very end

Comment

But oh dear, once you take a life... that guilt will stay with you until the very end.
      Depends on the person and reason.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        *smacks PH*

This is a serious thread
        you say that about every thread...I think you just enjoy smacking her...
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
          you say that about every thread...I think you just enjoy smacking her...
          Its a two birds with one stone scenario.
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Onto another subject..
            What with all the flooding in south Carolina, i am befuddled how yet again, we get an areay which knew about possible flooding 3-4 days ago if not more, and warnings about "Don't drive through waters or around barriers" got issued, but yet people still do so.. And First responders have to step up to save these dunderheads...

How can we stop such things?

Do you think if those who DO said ignoring of barriers and drive through flood waters/flooded streets then get their car's stuck, should get charged with a criminal offense (Ignoring officers orders/official orders), fined and/or made to pay for their rescue would stop? Or would they still do it, then expect/demand rescuing??

I know in Ohio iirc last year (or was it earlier this year) governor Kasich passed a law making it an offense to drive around those police barriers set up to prevent people doing said 'driving through flooded roads'..

Comment

So, it seems that those Islamic State nutters have destroyed another priceless historical artefact.

This is just my personal opinion, but airstrikes and drone strikes are not the solution.

Troops. Boots on the ground. Hand to hand fighting if needs be.

Winkle these a-holes out of their hidey holes with a trench knife if it comes to it.

Whatever it takes to stop them from committing any more cultural atrocities, or killing innocent civilians.
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                easily beats collateral damage though doesn't it
                You know what also beats collateral damage? Not using a gun.

Use a taser, if you feel the need to punish whomever is entering your property. Worst that can happen is the person being tasered dies of a heart failure.

yup once I take an innocent life... that guilt will stay with me till the very end
                Innocent or guilty, once you take a life, your own will never be the same again.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                What with all the flooding in south Carolina, i am befuddled how yet again, we get an areay which knew about possible flooding 3-4 days ago if not more, and warnings about "Don't drive through waters or around barriers" got issued, but yet people still do so.. And First responders have to step up to save these dunderheads...
                They should have to pay for their own rescue - you ignore the signs, you pay the fine.

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                So, it seems that those Islamic State nutters have destroyed another priceless historical artefact.
                Yup, a Roman archway build approx. around 200-300 AD.

And give IS more people to behead...
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  Onto another subject..

How can we stop such things?

Do you think if those who DO said ignoring of barriers and drive through flood waters/flooded streets then get their car's stuck, should get charged with a criminal offense (Ignoring officers orders/official orders), fined and/or made to pay for their rescue would stop? Or would they still do it, then expect/demand rescuing??

I know in Ohio iirc last year (or was it earlier this year) governor Kasich passed a law making it an offense to drive around those police barriers set up to prevent people doing said 'driving through flooded roads'..
                  You can't avoid stupidity. It surrounds us, impacting every aspect of our lives.

But, as it should be on most issues, if you make a stupid decision, expect to pay for it yourself, don't expect others to pick up the tab for your stupidity.

Comment

You know what also beats collateral damage? Not using a gun.
                    that is correct! (that must apply to all classes though)

Innocent or guilty, once you take a life, your own will never be the same again.
                    but depending on the life I could feel far worse for not taking it

but if what you say is correct then everytime the SS shoot an innocent in the US they'd resign - instead they happily keep their badge & their gun. strange isn't it

Comment

but if what you say is correct then everytime the SS shoot an innocent in the US they'd resign - instead they happily keep their badge & their gun. strange isn't it
                      They must love the power... I certainly don't understand how one can value a life so little.

Comment

I certainly don't understand how one can value a life so little.
                        they do value their own life & those of their own kind though

Comment

They must love the power... I certainly don't understand how one can value a life so little.
                          Not everyone values life. Its also easier to take a life when you believe in the reason
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

And give IS more people to behead...
                            What's that line from The Untouchables?

"He pulls a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of your guys to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue!"

Overwhelming force is the order of the day, otherwise how long will it be before they're blowing up Buckingham Palace, or Mount Rushmore, or the Eiffel Tower or whatever?
                            sigpic
                            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

"He pulls a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of your guys to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue!"
                              Except that IS is pretty well stocked as far as projectile weapons go. They behead with knives but fight with guns.

Beheading with guns is rather difficult, I imagine.

Overwhelming force is the order of the day, otherwise how long will it be before they're blowing up Buckingham Palace, or Mount Rushmore, or the Eiffel Tower or whatever?
                              Apparently they are planning a nuclear holocaust so those landmarks will be left standing.

Comment

This is just my personal opinion, but airstrikes and drone strikes are not the solution.

Winkle these a-holes out of their hidey holes with a trench knife if it comes to it.

Whatever it takes to stop them from committing any more cultural atrocities, or killing innocent civilians.
                                Being we went door to door against AQ during Iraq and Afgan, it would take a while to route them out..

They should have to pay for their own rescue - you ignore the signs, you pay the fine.
                                When i was chatting about that at work, several people said i was brainless for that idea.. Likening it to telling the family of a cat that got 'stranded up a tree, they need to pay up to rescue it'..
                                My counter was that the 'cat didn't ignore warning signs getting themselves into trouble, AND cats can easily get down themselves..

Comment

Working...
                                X