This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    As I understand it, there are different levels or classifications of felonies; A, B, C, D, E and so on.
    and any felony is enough to deprive someone of their 2nd amendment rights yes?

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      As for as your first example, copyright law seems to define public performance as a public gathering outside the normal circle of family and friends. So inviting a few family members or friends to watch it is permitted.
      Having a "movie night" is in fact a violation. It's just not prosecuted. Companies (Disney doesn't want to be the first but I bet that they are itching to jail everyone who does it) seem not to care that much right now. They're more into stopping the pirating business.

As to the rest, I rather doubt they rise to the level of severity that would interfere with getting a pistol permit. You're grasping at some pretty ridiculous straws here.

Um...who decides the severity? In essence, the government can take your guns if it decides that speeding is a felony. Oops, your foot stepped out of the pedestrian walk way JAY WALKING SUM! No guns for you!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      This has recently been confirmed to be copyright-free. So, you'd be off the hook for this one.
      Oh, cool. Now I have a town square to visit and share my musical talent with
      By Nolamom
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
        and any felony is enough to deprive someone of their 2nd amendment rights yes?
        I do not think so. But it would vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, as this is not federal policy, it is at the state or local level.

Comment

How in the name of the blessed screaming Jeebus can that terrible, terrible, TERRIBLE, Sam Smith song "Writing's on the Wall" (from the upcoming James Bond movie "Spectre") be at #1 in the UK singles chart?

Honestly, the two urban foxes that pick underneath my bedroom window to do unspeakable things to one another are more musical
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
            Apparently the guy who did the shootings at the community college owned thirteen guns.

Thirteen!

Why would anyone need more than one gun? Is it like women with shoes and handbags or something?

"Oh, this gun doesn't match my outfit. I'll need to get a new one."
            I can see 3, even potentially 4..
            Longarm for hunting big game (BOARS), smaller one for critter hunting. A shotgun for home defense and a small arm (pistol) for personal defense.

But over on another site, someone posted this (which if true is somewhat eye opening), after i mentioned about Cho and company..
            In 2007 a registered Democrat named Seung – Hui Cho, shot and killed 32 people in Virginia Tech.
            In 2011 a registered Democrat named James Holmes, went into a movie theater and shot and killed 12 people.
            In 2010 a mentally ill registered Democrat named Jared Lee Loughner, shot Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and killed 6 others.

In 2012 Andrew Engeldinger, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 7 people in Minneapolis.
            In 2013 a registered Democrat named Adam Lanza, shot and killed 26 people in a school in Newtown , CT.

As recently as Sept 2013, an angry Democrat shot 12 at a Navy ship yard.

Seems there is more of a problem with Democrats and guns, than guns themselves.

And lastly, has ANYONE seen obama on the TV, denouncing guns after ANY Of the bloody weekends of shootings in Chicago or elsewhere??

Comment

Holy Confirmation Bias, Batman!!

If you only go looking for Democrats with guns that's all you'll find.

Look at every mass shooting since the first recorded event, University of Texas Massacre in 1966 was one of the earliest, and compare the political leanings of every mass killer. Not just the ones that fit with the pattern you're trying to create.

The Bath School Disaster of 1927 was technically first, but with dynamite instead of guns..

Comment

*stands on corner wearing bathrobe*

I'm ready PH
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  *stands on corner wearing bathrobe*

I'm ready PH
                  Do you have the axe? And is it wearing its bathrobe?

Comment

Yes

*swings ax and yells about the government taking my shinnies*
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      I can see 3, even potentially 4..
                      Longarm for hunting big game (BOARS), smaller one for critter hunting. A shotgun for home defense and a small arm (pistol) for personal defense.
                      Talking about overkill...
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        Talking about overkill...
                        actually Joe Biden (of Democrat party) is the one who suggested that

tbh I think he's right too since shotguns are big badass & dissuasive anyway but the gun organizations like NRA & GOA didn't like that statement, not sure why
                        Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        But over on another site, someone posted this (which if true is somewhat eye opening), after i mentioned about Cho and company..
                        In 2007 a registered Democrat named Seung – Hui Cho, shot and killed 32 people in Virginia Tech.
                        In 2011 a registered Democrat named James Holmes, went into a movie theater and shot and killed 12 people.
                        In 2010 a mentally ill registered Democrat named Jared Lee Loughner, shot Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and killed 6 others.

In 2012 Andrew Engeldinger, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 7 people in Minneapolis.
                        In 2013 a registered Democrat named Adam Lanza, shot and killed 26 people in a school in Newtown , CT.

As recently as Sept 2013, an angry Democrat shot 12 at a Navy ship yard.

Seems there is more of a problem with Democrats and guns, than guns themselves.
                        of course that's leaving aside all the shootings of unarmed citizens by the SS (such as Diaz Zeferino for instance), add these to the stats & the real truth is revealed that it's the far right that has a problem with guns

Comment

I guess if you like cleaning out blood and brainmatter or other organic stuff off your carpet, then shotguns are definitely the way to go. They're just that kinda messy, I guess.

Comment

like I said they're badass

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                              of course that's leaving aside all the shootings of unarmed citizens by the SS (such as Diaz Zeferino for instance), add these to the stats & the real truth is revealed that it's the far right that has a problem with guns
                              I'm curious about something. Regardless of the topic being discussed, you invariably look at it in the light of what you consider to be "the oppressed", using terms such as "commoners" vs whomever has legal authority, employers, police (whom you refer to as the SS above), or whomever is in charge.

What is the motivation for that? Seems to be a very focused hatred of anyone or any thing in a position of authority.

Also, with that bias, wouldn't you be in favor of limited government, such as one of my favorite ideas, keeping the US government to the limits defined in the Constitution for example. I'm pretty sure you're not so fond of that idea.

Comment

Annoyed meet SoulReaver's sarcasm.

For the most part anyway... I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X