Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True, but that is not what I was talking about.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Sorry. That was directed at Annoyed not you
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

What is happening to you jel?
        All them monkey fumes must be getting to you.
        Here, have some rubber cement.
        sigpic

Comment

That phlebotomist poked me 3 times today. Obviously I have blood loss
          Jelgate is right

Comment

You should have a glass of orange juice and some cookies.
            sigpic

Comment

Can I have a plate of bacon and glass of rum
              Jelgate is right

Comment

I don't see why not
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                  I don't see why not
                  Bacon and rum solves everything. More people should drink rum then this place wouldn't be messed up
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

As the Australian Jelgate, I prefer Whiskey.
                    sigpic

Comment

But Annoyed drinks whiskey
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

I know, but it's one of those "100 monkeys, 100 typewriters" situations.
                        sigpic

Comment

So we need to get SQ and PH typewriters
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Make it so!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                              So, you are in fact saying that you object to attempts to cease outsourcing and bring jobs back to the US for the benefit of our workers because it would be harmful to other countries?

IF that is actually what you are saying, all I can say is too freakin' bad. We have to look out for our own interests, first, last and always. Nobody else will.
                              So let's tank Mexico's economy, a major source of US exports....that means no more exports. Same thing with Canada and Germany, but no one talks about the trade deficit with them. My question to you is why? The trade deficit for each of those countries is just as big as Mexico (as well as Japan, but Trump has gone after the Japanese).

Except for China, most trade deficits that the US has come from raw resource imports. But it feels that every time I explain how trade and economics work to you or Garhkal I might as well be explaining rocket science to a two year old.

Yes, part of the problem is automation. But that's going to happen regardless of where the factory is located.
                              But automation cannot replace everybody.
                              Regardless of how automated a factory is, we should be doing everything we possibly can to be sure that if that company sells its products in the US, the jobs required to make those products, however many are left after automation are located within the U.S., not outsourced.
                              Communism?
                              Yes, I do bat an eye at that. They need to be scrapped, too.
                              Ain't ganna happen. Trump is still importing workers and will continue to do so. He is still outsourcing and will continue to do so.
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                                So let's tank Mexico's economy, a major source of US exports....that means no more exports. Same thing with Canada and Germany, but no one talks about the trade deficit with them. My question to you is why? The trade deficit for each of those countries is just as big as Mexico (as well as Japan, but Trump has gone after the Japanese).

Except for China, most trade deficits that the US has come from raw resource imports. But it feels that every time I explain how trade and economics work to you or Garhkal I might as well be explaining rocket science to a two year old.
                                I have never differentiated as to where we are outsourcing our jobs to, but that we are outsourcing them at all that bothers me.

I can't speak for garhkal, but I feel the same frustration in explaining things to you at times.

You look at it from the theoretical point of view, echoing views espoused by economists and other theorists and so-called experts in academia and other ivory towers, whose own jobs are at little to no risk of being outsourced, while I look at it from the practical experience of what has really happened to the US working class in this country over the past 30+ years.

One of my favorite authors, through his character "Lazarus Long" says "A thousand reasoned opinions are never equal to one case of diving in and finding out."

I rather agree with that statement. And we did dive in, and we did find out. Regardless of all the theories, free trade has been a disaster for the working class. Guess which argument makes more sense to me? Theory, or what has really happened?

Communism?
                                No, protectionism.

Ain't ganna happen. Trump is still importing workers and will continue to do so. He is still outsourcing and will continue to do so.
                                If it persists for very long after his election, I expect some will start to call him out on his hypocrisy. Probably should be called on it.

But even if he doesn't practice as he preaches, he's still a better choice than folks who actively support more of the same crap that has been going on for decades.

Comment

Working...
                                X