• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Booze and bacon are truly noble.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
      Other "tools" are far easier to run away from than bullets and require a person to get in much closer to do the killing.
      Oh, really.
      Any numbnut that can use a google machine can create a very destructive bomb with a timer that goes in an hour, a day, or whatever. Plant the thing and he could be on the other side of the city or the state by the time it goes off. The victims wouldn't even know they had to run till they were dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        Oh, you mean the guys in blue who put today's nutjob down?
        double whammy :/
        sux when the wrong message gets through to the wrong people doesn't it
        lol
        Last edited by SoulReaver; 01 October 2015, 01:48 PM. Reason: sp

Comment

Oh, really.
          Any numbnut that can use a google machine can create a very destructive bomb with a timer that goes in an hour, a day, or whatever. Plant the thing and he could be on the other side of the city or the state by the time it goes off. The victims wouldn't even know they had to run till they were dead.
          When folks are setting off bombs (that jo public can walk into a shop and buy) at the same rate and with the same ease they can get guns and shoot each other in the US, that response might work.
          Any moron stupid enough to google how to make bombs and then go out and buy the ingredients will like find themselves servailed, strait up arrested or, ironically, shot.
          sigpic

Comment

A nutjob who probably knew exactly what he was doing -- I wouldn't classify that as a nutjob.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              A nutjob who probably knew exactly what he was doing -- I wouldn't classify that as a nutjob.
              It's the only way to avoid having serious discussions about gun control. If the shooter is crazy, then it's the fault of the mental health organisations for letting him out, and any facts about how easily he was able to get hold of a gun and gain access to a school get pushed aside..

They can write it off as an anomaly, a one-off event, a crazy guy got hold of a gun and used it to kill people.

A tragic and unforeseeable event.

They're all tragic and unforeseeable one-off events..
              Last edited by Pharaoh Hamenthotep; 01 October 2015, 02:23 PM.

Comment

any news on the other psycho who shot Walter Scott btw?
                (another nutjob who should've never had a gun in the first place, he & many others like him)

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                  Anyone can buy a gun, but it seems like training to use them responsibly is optional.
                  I would not object to having to show documentation that they have passed a gun safety / usage course before purchase of a gun. As long as the government isn't the testing authority.

Comment

I would not object to having to show documentation that they have passed a gun safety / usage course before purchase of a gun. As long as the government isn't the testing authority.
                    I agreed with you until the last sentence. I smell another crackpot idea. Ph, fetch my pipe
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      I agreed with you until the last sentence. I smell another crackpot idea. Ph, fetch my pipe
                      I think I saw that in SQ's room...

*goes to get the pipe*

...There might be a nut stuck inside it..

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        What can I say? I don't trust the government in this matter.

Comment

As long as the government isn't the testing authority.
                          depends what you mean by 'government'
                          would that include the judiciary?

Comment

As it relates to crimes, no. Criminal law would remain the same. If you're convicted of committing a crime with a gun or even possession of one was forbidden to you for some reason, a criminal record for example, into the tank you go, no questions asked.

What I want to avoid is the government having a record of all gun owners, specifically the law-abiding type.

Comment

no I meant, if the judiciary were the ones doing the psych screening would that also count as government?

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                                no I meant, if the judiciary were the ones doing the psych screening would that also count as government?
                                Yes. Aside from criminal cases, no form of determining if someone can possess a firearm should be controlled by the govt.

Comment

Working...
                                X