This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    Not to my knowledge. Although I rarely fly, when I have, it has been that the obese person has 1 seat, and then someone else is sold the seat adjacent to them. Last time, I was on a window seat and a fattie in the seat to the right of me, who also had a child. They had purchased 1 seat, and she overrun her space considerably. So guess who was squished in so tight that I couldn't even comfortably read a book I had brought with me? When I complained to the airline staff I was given some such rot about the American Disability Act or similar preventing the airline from doing anything about her.
    there we go, you didn't make the right demands

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
      you saying i fat?

Lies! It was Jel putting his feet up.. Pushed our seat forwards..

Comment

You can dress him up, even get pants on him, but you just can't take him anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
          you saying i fat?
          Above average...
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            While it's a contributing factor to a lot of heavy-weigths, some really can't help it (like our Minister of the Health Department --> she's a medical doctor too)
            You would think those who are doctors, who are often the ones TELLING patients to "Lose weight" would try themselves.. It's kind of hard to take advice to get fit seriously when its coming from someone overweight themselves..

Body shaming at its finest.
            How is it bodyshaming when he is simply pointing out facts on where each sex carries their extra weight?

You call em fatties, and garhkal doesn't understand how they can be that fat -- even though several just can't help their weight being what it is..
            Actually i was quizzically wondering WHY we see so damn many ads on tvs for all sorts of fitness gear (like that new one, the booty buster), when as a society we have seemed to get LARGER and LARGER with each passing decade.
            YES I know some (not all, not even a majority, just some) can't help it.. BUT that means there's a lot of others that CAN help it, but choose NOT to.

You'd have a point, if every obese person was obese because of said medical conditions, but that is not so. Many many many obese people are so because of life styles.
            Exactly Artood. Take my brother. He's fat, has been since he left the airforce. That's cause he's lazy and loves eating. NOTHING medical there. And after being 'shamed' by enough friends and family about it, he's finally starting to LOSE some of that excess weight. Last time i saw him, he was down almost 50lb, but is still a good 70 or so lb overweight...

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post

Lies! It was Jel putting his feet up.. Pushed our seat forwards..
              No one else's discomfort matters. Only my own comfort
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Trending right now: Carrie Fisher suffering a massive heart attack.

Is 2016 taking our General too?
                I'll be officially cancelling this year when* that happens.

* According to Variety, it was a full arrest on the flight home from London, so I have little hope that she's going to be fine.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

You call em fatties, and garhkal doesn't understand how they can be that fat -- even though several just can't help their weight being what it is.

You don't seem to have much respect for your fellow man/woman in that regard.

Did you ever stop to think, how the next-seat passenger gained all that weight? Or will you only think of how they will invade your personal space?
                  If I was as overweight as some of the people taking up 2 seats on an airplane I would probably swear off flying altogether....cuz cramming all that bulk into such a small area can't possibly be very comfortable for the overweight person either

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    If she won't, I will
                    *slaps*

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                    You can dress him up, even get pants on him, but you just can't take him anywhere.
                    I can take him to the local nut house

Above average...
                    Or pleasantly plump?
                    PH: Lies! It was Jel putting his feet up.. Pushed our seat forwards..
                    Then we must slice his legs off
                    sigpic

Comment

How does cutting my legs off help with your weight problem?
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

*didn't throw Jel's legs on the grill*

Comment

How very Annoyed of you PH
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Annoyed must have replaced her guilt chip.

Last edited by Gatefan1976; 24 December 2016, 04:27 AM.
                            sigpic
                            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Makes sense. Ethics is something only liberals have according to Annoyed
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                How very Annoyed of you PH

But I thought we could eat them tomorrow..

Comment

Working...
                                X