This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    You call em fatties, and garhkal doesn't understand how they can be that fat -- even though several just can't help their weight being what it is.

You don't seem to have much respect for your fellow man/woman in that regard.

Did you ever stop to think, how the next-seat passenger gained all that weight? Or will you only think of how they will invade your personal space?
    I am well aware that there are medical issues that cause obesity. And that the condition is utterly and completely outside of their control.
    That doesn't change the facts of the matter a bit. The problem and the burden of solving it still lies upon the overweight person, not those around him.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      I was a bit off with that; I was using an outdated figure from the marine manufacturing industry. Seems the average has been increased to about 185 or so a few years back.
      That's even further away from my weight..

*not even close to Annoyed's average*

*suspects Annoyed weighs 185*

Comment

I am well aware that there are medical issues that cause obesity. And that the condition is utterly and completely outside of their control.
        until just a century ago it was considered a symbol of wealth

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
          That's even further away from my weight..

*not even close to Annoyed's average*

*suspects Annoyed weighs 185*
          *suspects that PH is wrong*

This is about 12 years out, but it's the most recent I found in a quick search.

FAA raises weight calculation for fliers

The new FAA standards increase the average adult passenger and carry-on bag weight to 190 pounds in the summer and 195 pounds in the winter -- up from 170 pounds and 175 pounds, respectively. The numbers include an extra 10 pounds for heavier clothing in winter and 5 pounds for clothing in summer. Both scenarios include a 16-pound allowance for personal items and carry-on bags, up from 10 pounds previously.

Female passengers in particular are flying heavier since the last revisions were made in the mid-1990s.

The FAA told the airlines to increase the allowance for the average weight of female passengers and their carry-ons from 145 pounds to 179 pounds in the summer, and from 150 pounds to 184 pounds in the winter.

The average weights for male passengers with carry-ons were increased from 185 pounds in the summer to 200 pounds, and from 190 pounds to 205 pounds in winter.

Comment

...That's the best source you can find for the average weight of an adult human?

Comment

Body shaming at its finest.

Also, I'm definitely not regular.

To be fair, what he said about weight distribution is kinda true. Except that once you get to the obese side of things, the difference doesn't matter anymore.

You call em fatties, and garhkal doesn't understand how they can be that fat -- even though several just can't help their weight being what it is.

You don't seem to have much respect for your fellow man/woman in that regard.

Did you ever stop to think, how the next-seat passenger gained all that weight? Or will you only think of how they will invade your personal space?

You'd have a point, if every obese person was obese because of said medical conditions, but that is not so. Many many many obese people are so because of life styles.

That doesn't change the facts of the matter a bit. The problem and the burden of solving it still lies upon the overweight person, not those around him.

How exactly, per se, can someone with a medical condition solve their problem?

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
              ...That's the best source you can find for the average weight of an adult human?

The source is reliable...but not for average human weight. For average American plane passenger weight, it is spot on. We're a fat people, PH.
              By Nolamom
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                [COLOR="#000080"]

How exactly, per se, can someone with a medical condition solve their problem?
                If you require more space than you can fit into one seat, buy two.

Comment

If you require more space than you can fit into one seat, buy two.
                  Don't they kinda do that already?
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

Don't they kinda do that already?
                    Not to my knowledge. Although I rarely fly, when I have, it has been that the obese person has 1 seat, and then someone else is sold the seat adjacent to them. Last time, I was on a window seat and a fattie in the seat to the right of me, who also had a child. They had purchased 1 seat, and she overrun her space considerably. So guess who was squished in so tight that I couldn't even comfortably read a book I had brought with me? When I complained to the airline staff I was given some such rot about the American Disability Act or similar preventing the airline from doing anything about her.

Comment

The source is reliable...but not for average human weight. For average American plane passenger weight, it is spot on. We're a fat people, PH.
                      *isn't American*

*sits in one seat with room to spare*

Comment

*sits in spare bit of seat with PH*
                        sigpic

Comment

*is crushed*

Comment

you saying i fat?
                            sigpic

Comment

*stretches out feet on plane seat*

No, I won't move my feet or get up for that man who is struggling with cane. Their is no reason to ruin my comfort
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                                you saying i fat?
                                If she won't, I will
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X