• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obviously the dictionary is biased
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

And rigged!

It's a liberal plot to silence the republicans!

Comment

Of course, it is.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          https://www.google.com.au/#q=death+t...ump+supporters

So, Liberals have to be tolerant, play fair and not respond to anything Republicans do eh?
          I wasn't talking about the right wing nut jobs, and I've already stated that I don't condone their behavior.

But, as far as I know the Republicans/Right hasn't ever claimed to be tolerant, a label the left proudly embraces.
          Unless of course, you oppose them.

But you can't even bring yourself to condemn the lefties for issuing death threats in an effort to turn the election, can you?

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
            But, as far as I know the Republicans/Right hasn't ever claimed to be tolerant, a label the left proudly embraces.
            I think you might be right -- they pride themselves on taking rights away, or severely limiting them.

But you can't even bring yourself to condemn the lefties for issuing death threats in an effort to turn the election, can you?
            It doesn't matter who utters them, they can not be condoned. Left, right, center, up or down... death threats is crossing a line.

Comment

That's not a good thing..

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                Obviously the dictionary is biased

We must ban them.

Evil Dictionaries corrupting our youth.

Burn them too.
                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

So America with the alt right in charge.....

Is it 1956 again?
                  Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                    That's not a good thing..
                    He might think it is.

//++//

And here we go again... Belgium and The Netherlands (equally this time) make the news - sort of:

At last, American psychiatrists speak out on euthanasia

"Euthanasia has been permissible in Belgium and the Netherlands since early in the 21st century, and the practice has expanded rapidly beyond cases of terminal physical illness, such as cancer, to encompass non-terminal illnesses including psychiatric conditions such as depression or bipolar disorder.

Note that this is far different from physician-assisted suicide as practiced in U.S. states such as Oregon, which can only involve physicians prescribing lethal doses to patients suffering from physical ailments certifiably expected to cause death within six months. In the Low Countries, doctors themselves administer the lethal dose, usually by injection — and, to repeat, upon a request for alleviation of “unbearable suffering” caused by any disorder, terminal or non-terminal, physical or mental.
                    "

I LOL'd a little here --> "since early in the 21st century" -- cause that was so long ago... *snort*

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                      So America with the alt right in charge.....

Is it 1956 again?
                      Calling them Alt-Right is normalising them. Giving them a safe name to hide behind. Not everyone is aware of what it means. It's like calling them the tea party. It's safe and friendly. It's a disguise. A smokescreen.

They're fascists. Neo-Nazis.

Comment

It seems every time i find and post something 'bad the liberals do', ALL I seem to get from gatefan is him drugging up something a right-winger does bad, just to say "Well your people are bad". Never even seems to address the fact that liberals ARE bad..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          It seems every time i find and post something 'bad the liberals do', ALL I seem to get from gatefan is him drugging up something a right-winger does bad, just to say "Well your people are bad". Never even seems to address the fact that liberals ARE bad..
                          True.
                          But you will never find me condoning what these (liberal) people have done either.
                          Can liberals be "bad people"?
                          Of course they can be, but not all or even most of them, much like some republicans can be bad, but not all of them. What I do find however is, post the political flip in the US, it is predominantly republicans who engage in "bully boy" behaviour and when the Democrats respond in kind, the republicans attempt to call them out on it, it merely looks like exactly what a bully would do after their target punched them back "You are not allowed to retaliate, you are supposed to be tolerant"
                          It's the overall mindset of "victim blaming".
                          While I am loathe to resort to "he started it", by embracing a bully boy in Trump, who dropped the level of political discourse so low during the primaries and the election as to make death threats (I could shoot someone on 5th Avenue), threats to employ the law to silence his critics (Lock her up, Sue the women who accused me, open libel laws), he normalized such behaviour for a lot of his supporters and for some, it was already normalized. Trump dragged US politics into the dirt and muck and filth, and now you are complaining that you get some mud on you?

Make a choice, get out of the mud and I'll bet you would make most liberals happy with raising the tone, or stay in it and stop complaining when the mud flies. You chose the battleground.
                          sigpic
                          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I wasn't talking about the right wing nut jobs, and I've already stated that I don't condone their behavior.
                            Yet you employ it, just not to the same degree.
                            Unless of course, you oppose them.
                            And as I have said before the one sure fire way to get a liberal to be intolerant of you, is to be intolerant of others. Oppose them in rational discourse and make your case and you would have far less problems. You are asking them to do the one thing that is anathema to their mindset, tolerate bigotry and hate and the actions that can spring from that.
                            Of course I can, they should not be issuing death threats to anyone, it's wrong on multiple levels. Can you accept that they used bad behaviour as a tool of last resort rather than it being normal? Can you accept that by saying -constantly- that all liberals are the same as their lowest behaviour, you invite the same comparison to Republicans?
                            This is the mud that the right has dragged all of the US down to, can you accept responsibility for that?
                            sigpic
                            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

So the Israel Democracy Institute has released its annual "Peace index" public opinion survey. The findings are many and varied but the most interesting ones for non-Israelis are the ones which cover the opinions of the Israeli Arabs. Juicy bits for those who don't want to wade through the entire thing:

32% of Israeli Arabs expressed trust in the Israeli army.

55% of Israeli Arabs are proud to be citizens of Israel

Over 60% of Israeli Arabs consider their personal situation "good" or "very good" and another 31% as "not bad".

51% of Israeli Arabs are optimistic about Israel's future.

When asked "which identity is most important to you?" 29% of Israeli Arabs put their religion first, 25% put their identity as Israelis first, 24% put their identity as Arabs first, and only 12% put their identity as "Palestinians" first. This applied to both Muslims and Christian Arabs.

52% of Israeli Arabs see Israel's military-security situation as "good".

54% of Israeli Arabs agreed with the statement "Israel should fight terror any way it sees fit, without taking into consideration the views of other countries".

61% of Israeli Arabs believe that Israeli-Arab politicians worry more about the problems of the Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza than about their own Arab-Israeli constituents, and 72% of them want the Arab parties to join the Israeli government, which is currently complete anathema to the Arab politicians in these parties.
                              If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

1) Russian ambassador shot in Ankara (Turkey) by Turkish off-duty policeman -- revenge killing for Aleppo
                                2) 3 people shot near an Islamic Center in Zurich
                                3) at least 9 dead and more than 50 people injured in a what is described by German police as a deliberate attack on a Christmas market in Berlin, by ways of driving a truck into the masses (thus copying the 14th of July Nice (France) attack) -- one suspect has been arrested, another died in the crash

What electoral college vote?

Comment

Working...
                                X