This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    My gripe was MORE about how the DA made the (to me) insane comment of "he didn't do a crime"..
    Sorry, last time i looked vandalism Was a crime..

Anyhow.. Now onto a gripe..
    So back in september i am sure all of us who use Yahoo got advised of a possible hack that stole the login data for 500 million users..
    NOW THE news is saying over a BILLION were hacked back in 2013.. AND WE ARE ONLY NOW FINDING OUT about it??

WHAT THE FLIP?!??!?!? I am sick and tired of finding out 3-5 years AFTER something was wrong.
    WHY CAN'T these people acknowledge their screw ups when they flipping happen?!??!?!!?!
    Only an idiot or an "ignorant yahoo" uses Yahoo for anything.
    You can tell by how they operate their services that their primary goal by a large margin is simply to shove ads in your face, with little regard to actually providing a service. So I'm not surprised that they have issues.

I don't have a problem with ad-driven services, as long as that providing the service is the focus of the operation, as opposed to how Yahoo operates. It's sort of like watching an hour of TV with 50 minutes of commercials and 10 minutes of program.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
      I'll ask you in 4 years shall I?

You might have to wait somewhat longer.
      This country has been on a steady slide to the left for a long time now, and the voters have finally woken up and turned it around. About Face!, MARCH!
      So, the pendulum will swing back to the right. Eventually, it will no doubt swing again, but for the immediate future, the left had best prepare for a rough ride. I suspect it will take somewhat longer than 4 years to start changing again, even if Trump doesn't win in 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        Only an idiot or an "ignorant yahoo" uses Yahoo for anything.
        You can tell by how they operate their services that their primary goal by a large margin is simply to shove ads in your face, with little regard to actually providing a service. So I'm not surprised that they have issues.

I don't have a problem with ad-driven services, as long as that providing the service is the focus of the operation, as opposed to how Yahoo operates. It's sort of like watching an hour of TV with 50 minutes of commercials and 10 minutes of program.

I don't know why Yahoo can't be investigated. Something really stinks when more then a few million people can be hacked and no one can say how..
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Yahoo confirms 'state-sponsored' hackers stole personal data from 500m accounts

"The company is investigating the breach with law enforcement but currently believes that credit card or bank details were not included in the stolen data.

“The ongoing investigation suggests that stolen information did not include unprotected passwords, payment card data, or bank account information; payment card data and bank account information are not stored in the system that the investigation has found to be affected,” said the company in a statement.

Nevertheless, the news may jeopardise the $4.8bn sale of Yahoo’s core business to Verizon, announced in July. Verizon told the BBC it had only learned of the hack “within the last two days” adding it had “limited information”.

Yahoo is notifying users who may have been affected and says that anyone who has not changed their Yahoo passwords since 2014 should do so. The company has also invalidated affected users’ security questions so that they can’t be used to access accounts."
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It's amusing when events don't line up properly with how conservatives want you might here cries and yells of "Fake News" since that's the popular thing now after a few actual fake news outlets have been busted peddling fake news.

But hang on isn't Brietbart actual fake news?
            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Twitter not invited to Trump tech meeting as payback for failed emoji deal

"Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey was not invited to Donald Trump’s summit with major tech leaders Wednesday in retaliation for reneging on a $5 million emoji deal with the president-elect during the campaign, said a source with knowledge of the matter.

[...]

One of the disputed emojis included the hashtag #CROOKEDHILLARY followed by a bag of money. Twitter reportedly said the emojis did not provide enough transparency to make clear they were from the Trump campaign.

[...]

"We have had specific discussions with several political organizations, including the Trump campaign, regarding branded emojis as part of broad advertising campaigns on Twitter,” said a Twitter spokesperson in October.

“We believe that political advertising merits a level of disclosure and transparency that branded political emojis do not meet, and we ultimately decided not to permit this particular format for any political advertising."
              "

And the follow-up article....

Trump team on Twitter: Meeting table 'was only so big'

"Donald Trump's transition team said Wednesday that Twitter was not invited to the president-elect's meeting with tech giants because the company isn't big enough.

[...]

A transition team official also told Reuters that Twitter was excluded because “they aren't big enough," citing their market capitalization of $13.85 billion.

The next smallest company with a representative in attendance was Space X, whose rough valuation is $15 billion, however their representative — CEO Elon Musk — is also the CEO of Tesla Motors, whose market capitalization is over $30 billion.
              "
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                I don't know why Yahoo can't be investigated. Something really stinks when more then a few million people can be hacked and no one can say how..
                ANd they wait 2 years to tell people.. But then again, with the # of times various governmental orgs got hacked in the past 5 yrs, and we found out 8 months or so LATER, its not surprising they feel they can diddy dally on informing people..

Comment

You might have to wait somewhat longer.
                  no **** obviously since the 2020 elections will be rigged so he's there until at least 2024

Comment

And because the whole system is rigged he will get a third term
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

We can only hope.

Seriously, I rather doubt a 3rd. How long do you think he will live, anyway?

Comment

When he declares martial law, the Constitution will no longer matter
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

make sense: either the elections will be rigged or a...purely coincidental terrorist attack (a bloody one with lots of american victims hehe) will "force" Trump to declare martial law & postpone elections, possibly sine die

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          And because the whole system is rigged he will get a third term
                          he'll just make sure one of his sons gets elected

a de facto monarchy Kim Jong style, yo

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            When he declares martial law, the Constitution will no longer matter
                            Many expected the LSoS to do the same 8 years ago.

Comment

Many expected the LSoS to do the same 8 years ago.
                              Many are stupid.
                              sigpic
                              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                                Many are stupid.
                                Ah Wizard's First Rule
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X