• Show
Clear All

Then I win be default

*high sticks aretood*
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      That only occurs in an ideal genetic match. Mutations happen all the time with the sex chromosomes.
      yes chromosomal abnormalities can and do happen (leading to things like Trisomy 21 otherwise known as Down Syndrome or Kleinfelter's Syndrome)......but not after the fact

chromosomal abnormalities do not happen spontaneously after the joining of ovum and sperm...if abnormalities are present then they must've been present in the beginning on one or both of the haploid cells in question

and I think if gender determinant chromosomal abnormalities were as common as you seem to imply then our birth rate wouldn't be as high as it currently is as we'd have an awful lot of people in the world who are neither men nor women and the reproductive organs are likely not functioning properly, if at all, in said individuals with gender determinant chromosomal abnormalities

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
        Quite right. And take away their satellite television while they're at it.

Along with their internet!

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
        I also don't believe that poor people choose to be poor, nor that the son should be punished for the sins of the father.
        So if a kid receives a cushy nice new car, cause dad stole it/robbed a bank to buy it/sold drugs to buy it (ETC), the kid should be allowed to keep the car?

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
          and how much anatomy and physiology training have you had?
          As Gender Identity is not physical, but mental, who cares?
          How much Psychology training have you had?
          genetics 101: the ovum, a haploid cell containing one half of the 23 pairs of chromosomes...the sperm....another haploid cell containing the other half of the 23 chromosome pairs

the 23rd pair is the gender determinant chromosome pair....the ovum supplies an X chromosome...the sperm supplies either another X chromosome, thus causing the gender determinant pair to be female, or another Y chromosome causing the gender determinant pair to be male
          Correct, have a star!!

sounds pretty straight forward to me....and sounds kinda stupid to spend God knows how much money on changes that can only be cosmetic in nature and won't ever do a thing to actually turn them into a member of the gender they supposedly feel like
          I don't have much nice to say about that, so I will say nothing.
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post

Correct, have a star!!.
            Wikipedia knows everything

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              Along with their internet!
              Yes.

I also don't believe that poor people choose to be poor, nor that the son should be punished for the sins of the father.
              I don't know where this has come from, but it certainly wasn't me who said it.
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                Wikipedia knows everything
                The problem of course is, it's superficial.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                  The problem of course is, it's superficial.
                  Wikipedia?

You know I don't agree with MG, right? I only know what he said because he was quoted..

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                    so it is thus evident that chromosome pair #23 in my body has been and always will be XY....which is the male determinant pair....a second X chromosome does not spontaneously turn into a Y chromosome or vice versa....it comes as either a second "X" or a "Y" on the sperm cell that carries it...Genetics 101 people
                    Source: The Y chromosome: beyond gender determination - National Human Genome Research Institute

The presence or absence of the Y chromosome is critical because it contains the genes necessary to override the biological default - female development - and cause the development of the male.
                    On a sidenote: Interesting article about the detoriation of the Y-chromosomes. Males will be extinct if it continues to detoriate in the next couple millions of years.

Little critters are the same and look the same in the first 6 to 8 weeks of the pregnancy.
                    Originally posted by aretood2 View Post

So law abiding transgender people have to work hard all their lives to afford it while criminal transgender people get it for free?
                    What I was thinking...

I'm not entirely convinced by that argument to be honest.
                    That suggest psychological problems more than anything to me
                    Suicide Attempts among Transgender and Gender Non-Conforming Adults

Transgender Suicide Attempt Rates Are Staggering
                    Caitlyn Jenner's ESPYS speech shone a light on the 41 percent of trans people who attempt suicide

She also referenced the alarming number of trans people who face bullying, and the high rates of violence, murder and suicide that impact the community.
                    The article references back to the study I linked to.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                      Wikipedia?

You know I don't agree with MG, right? I only know what he said because he was quoted..
                      Of course I know that PH
                      sigpic

Comment

I also don't believe that poor people choose to be poor, nor that the son should be punished for the sins of the father. I believe that it is our duty to look out for each other and that societies and civilizations exist and are structured for that purpose. Thus I am not adverse to sacrificing for others as that seems to be an issue for some.
                        I don't mind assistance after a fall on the road of life. But the problem is that many people make poor life choices that inevitably result in their being poor. They consciously choose to screw around and ignore the education that is provided free of charge, K-12 in the U.S. They consciously choose to become pregnant or sire children when they are not yet at a point in their lives where they can care for themselves, let alone a child. These are just two examples. But by virtue of their life choices, they are in fact choosing to be poor.

Taxpayers should not have to pick up the tab for that. That person made those choices, and the burden lies upon them and them alone.

Comment

That suggest psychological problems more than anything to me
                          Yes, let's just look at the effect, rather than the cause.
                          sigpic

Comment

Positively trending in the news this week --> Ahmed, the Clock Boy!
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              Source: The Y chromosome: beyond gender determination - National Human Genome Research Institute

On a sidenote: Interesting article about the detoriation of the Y-chromosomes. Males will be extinct if it continues to detoriate in the next couple millions of years.

Little critters are the same and look the same in the first 6 to 8 weeks of the pregnancy.

What I was thinking...

Caitlyn Jenner's ESPYS speech shone a light on the 41 percent of trans people who attempt suicide

Reading the journal kind of supports my point about it being mental health problems.
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                What I was thinking...

My thing is that before we even bother talking about those who are behind bars, we ought to talk about those that haven't committed a crime first.

I have not read them, but I do plan on doing so. To clarify, at the moment I am not convinced that an operation is all that stands in the way between suicide and a healthy normal life. I'll come back with a response once I read the articles.
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X