Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since from where I'm sitting we're probably screwed either way I'm probably not even gonna bother

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
      Since from where I'm sitting we're probably screwed either way I'm probably not even gonna bother

This also forfeits your right to complain about the outcome if it goes sideways- no vote = no voice!
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
        I would still go to the polls and cast your vote for other offices. The congresscritters are up this time too.
        With the electoral college system, you or my vote for Trump won't count anyway, as NY's electoral votes are guaranteed to go to Clinton in any case thanks to the sewer at the southeast corner.
        Abstain in the presidential race if you want, but there are other races.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          This also forfeits your right to complain about the outcome if it goes sideways- no vote = no voice!
          Abstention is a reasonable choice. I couldn't support McCain or Romney so while I went to the polls, I did not vote in the presidential race those years.

Comment

And more fun and games

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...2d1_story.html
            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Then vote Johnson.
              By Nolamom
              sigpic

Comment

Isn't that just throwing your vote away.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Isn't that just throwing your vote away.
                  No, if he backs the libertarian party's ideals, voting for their guy isn't a waste even if he can't win; if a small party such as that fails get get at least some support, it won't be on the ballot next time.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    For instance, there are quite a few latino's that believe illegal immigration is bad because they feel they're being punished for taking the legal route. But if you consider a tribalistic view, you'd never be able to see or explain such phenomena.
                    Then why is it latinos, generally vote democrat, since that overwhelmingly is the party that loves amnesty for ilegal immigrants?

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post

I'm simply at the point where I am about to implode with this election. I'm voting first thing in the morning and then drowning myself in as much work as I can do. It'll make Jelgate proud.
                    So am I.. 18+ months of all this, and i am time for it to be OVER and done with!!!

Heck, looking on the tv guide, there's at least 12 different channels WHICH ARE NOTHING but election coverage non stop from 7pm onwards...

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    I agree. As my father used to love saying "If you don't vote, then you forfeit your right to ***** and moan when things are not going well.."

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                    With the electoral college system, you or my vote for Trump won't count anyway, as NY's electoral votes are guaranteed to go to Clinton in any case thanks to the sewer at the southeast corner.
                    If you know that, then why stay IN NY??
                    Its like some i know who continually complain about Colorado or CA, with their outright liberal politics and love of darn near every thing illegal immigrant.. BUT yet still live in those states??

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      Then why is it latinos, generally vote democrat, since that overwhelmingly is the party that loves amnesty for ilegal immigrants?
                      It's the party that didn't call them rapists?

Its like some i know who continually complain about Colorado or CA, with their outright liberal politics and love of darn near every thing illegal immigrant.. BUT yet still live in those states??
                      He explained some time ago that he's economically locked in there.

Comment

It's the party that didn't call them rapists?
                        You forgot Rapists, criminals and drug dealers

Yeah, he has an excuse. If only he thought ahead........
                        sigpic
                        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

What he ^ said.

Agree about being sick and tired of the whole election cycle this time around. I voted this morning, and now I'll just wait for the bad news to come in this evening or tomorrow morning.

Comment

Should I get some popcorn for the election results, especially if some or one candidate throws a tantrum?....
                            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I think you might need a lot of popcorn. I think this is going to be a close one, possibly close enough so that legally, recounts will be needed, regardless of any whining by one candidate or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                                Should I get some popcorn for the election results, especially if some or one candidate throws a tantrum?....
                                I'll be watching from behind the sofa..

Comment

Working...
                                X