X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Womble View Post
    That wasn't all you said.

US foreign polcy has repercussions? Sure. Painting 9/11 specifically as "repercussions of US foreign policy" is declaring that Bin Laden was solely reacting to something the US has done in the past. I hope it is sufficiently obvious that Bin Laden had his own proactive motivations which were only intersected with the US foreign policy insofar as that policy was blocking his desired outcomes.

The worst thing about 9/11 was that it was a performance for an audience. The USA was the target of the strike but not the target audience; it was used as the cue ball that gets hit in order to pocket another ball entirely.
    Do you mean extremist Muslims using it send a message to other Muslims not to be tempted by Westerns open society? (i.e. don't be tempted because this is what will happen to you, stay in your kitchen with your burka women blah blah).

Or are you talking about the conspiracy theory lot using the events to justify the existence of the Illuminati?

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
      Do you mean extremist Muslims using it send a message to other Muslims not to be tempted by Westerns open society? (i.e. don't be tempted because this is what will happen to you, stay in your kitchen with your burka women blah blah).
      No, it was a message from extremist Muslims to other Muslims to rise up and make war on the rest of the planet to rebuild the Caliphate.
      If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

That wasn't all you said.
        It was what I meant when this topic of blaming previous presidents came up.

US foreign polcy has repercussions? Sure. Painting 9/11 specifically as "repercussions of US foreign policy" is declaring that Bin Laden was solely reacting to something the US has done in the past. I hope it is sufficiently obvious that Bin Laden had his own proactive motivations which were only intersected with the US foreign policy insofar as that policy was blocking his desired outcomes.
        Of course he had his own motivations.
        The worst thing about 9/11 was that it was a performance for an audience. The USA was the target of the strike but not the target audience; it was used as the cue ball that gets hit in order to pocket another ball entirely.
        Yes, an act can have multiple consequences.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

EU-Canada trade deal has just been sabotaged by some hole in Belgium.

I blame Falcon Forus.
          If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

I blame Falcon Forus.
            Thank god that got stopped. Good job belgium.

Comment

No, it was a message from extremist Muslims to other Muslims to rise up and make war on the rest of the planet to rebuild the Caliphate.
              Hmm you don't hear that explanation too often.

Comment

I blame Falcon Forus.
                Good for them! (The Walloons) Looks to me like they are simply looking out for their own best interests, rather than lying down and acquiescing to the demands of other nations. That is what a government is SUPPOSED TO DO. It's too bad ours didn't do the same when the various free trade deals that have decimated our economy were negotiated.

Particularly important is this piece here, if it is true.

Critics argue that the deal lowers product standards and protects big business, allowing corporations to sue governments.

Comment

the deal lowers product standards and protects big business, allowing corporations to sue governments
                  that's all that needs to be known actually

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                    Good for them! (The Walloons) Looks to me like they are simply looking out for their own best interests, rather than lying down and acquiescing to the demands of other nations.
                    CETA (and TTIP) aren't in our interest period. The idea may be good, but the differences in EU and US legislation are pretty big and probably too far apart. CETA and TTIP serve to basically create a worst of both worlds.

Particularly important is this piece here, if it is true.
                    If memory serves, CETA and TTIP both included secret courts to deal with intercontinental suing. Also it gave companies the option to sue governments if their plans ruin the company's future profits.

Free trade is nice and all, but CETA and TTIP are travesties that need to die as soon as they can. They're not about trade but about power, specifically about taking away a ton of democratic power.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                      CETA (and TTIP) aren't in our interest period. The idea may be good, but the differences in EU and US legislation are pretty big and probably too far apart.

If memory serves, CETA and TTIP both included secret courts to deal with intercontinental suing. Also it gave companies the option to sue governments if their plans ruin the company's future profits.

Free trade is nice and all, but CETA and TTIP are travesties that need to die as soon as they can. They're not about trade but about power, specifically about taking away a ton of democratic power.
                      Trade deals are one of the most important if not the most important reason I support Trump. Although Hillary apparently can't be pinned down on TPP, I think it's reasonable to assume she will support the LSoS's tying the US up in it.

Comment

Trade deals are one of the most important if not the most important reason I support Trump. Although Hillary apparently can't be pinned down on TPP, I think it's reasonable to assume she will support the LSoS's tying the US up in it.
                        I know, you said that before. But i won't elect an incompetent fool in the hopes that the collateral damage of his idiocy happens to be the thing i want gone.

I know you stopped caring so it doesn't bother you. It does bother me.

Comment

Trade deals are one of the most important if not the most important reason I support Trump
                          gonna be fun watching Trump change his stripes on that one hehe...

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                            I know, you said that before. But i won't elect an incompetent fool in the hopes that the collateral damage of his idiocy happens to be the thing i want gone.

I know you stopped caring so it doesn't bother you. It does bother me.
                            It's not that I don't care. It's that I think the battle is already lost.

This country has gone so far to the left that I don't think it can be turned around, combined with both major parties being in bed with the globalists.

How do you think Trump managed to garner such strong support from Republican primary voters? They saw that the national party was no longer representing the interests of the Republican/Conservative working stiff, and wanted change at any cost; Trump, warts and all, offered that change, or at least the appearance of it. I will admit it remains to be seen what he actually does if he wins (which I find unlikely at this point)

I care a great deal about what happens to this once great country, but at this point, I think it's finished. Dead, but like the fish flopping around on the boat deck, just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

This country has gone so far to the left

....Wait, you're serious?

Comment

This country has gone so far to the left
                                what left? with Bernie "dead" there's nothing left of the left
                                Last edited by SoulReaver; 22 October 2016, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X