X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    Can someone explain this one to me?
    \
    America is a land of extremes. I've given up on trying to understand why certain things happen.

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
      Aside from the foxnews article, what are you talking about?

I am talking about the rank hypcritical double standard here..
      How is ti ok for the teachers to wear overtly political shirts, but students can't? Especially if those shirs are pro USA, Pro Trump, Pro military/cops or Pro 2nd amendment??

Comment

We have seen stories after stories of a student (or group of students) being told "no you can't wear that USA tee shirt, cause it might offend the illegal immigrants in school", or "no you can't wear that 2nd amendment tee shirt, as its too political", or "No you can't wear that pro trump Tee shirt at a school pep rally, as its political and might offend the liberals".

BUT yet we now have a school district in Seattle, where hundreds fo teachers are not only going to wear a pro- black lives matter shirt, but change class curriculums, and even doing outside the gate stalls and the like..
        http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/10/13...ng-debate.html

now how is it ok for Teachers to wear something political, and change the narrative on what's taught, but students are NOT allowed to wear the same sort of thing?

Would that school not toss someone out, force them to change if they say wore a shirt for "Cops lives matter"??
        Dang I thought you were smarter than that. It goes like this: If you are advocating a a liberal cause or agenda, you can pretty much get away with anything. But if you're on the right side you aren't allowed anything but a plain white t-shirt.
        Got it?

Comment

We have seen stories after stories of a student (or group of students) being told "no you can't wear that USA tee shirt, cause it might offend the illegal immigrants in school", or "no you can't wear that 2nd amendment tee shirt, as its too political", or "No you can't wear that pro trump Tee shirt at a school pep rally, as its political and might offend the liberals".

BUT yet we now have a school district in Seattle, where hundreds fo teachers are not only going to wear a pro- black lives matter shirt, but change class curriculums, and even doing outside the gate stalls and the like..
          http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/10/13...ng-debate.html

now how is it ok for Teachers to wear something political, and change the narrative on what's taught, but students are NOT allowed to wear the same sort of thing?
          The difference is, being concerned with police shootings of blacks is (in of itself) NOT political, it is a humanitarian issue. Yes, BLM has morphed into a political tool, I will not argue that, but the actual issue they are trying to address as covered by the article is not political.
          2nd amendment issues and Trump T-shirts -are inherently- political.

Would that school not toss someone out, force them to change if they say wore a shirt for "Cops lives matter"??
          This would be a double standard, yes, as would the wearing of a USA T-shirt. Of course, then you have to the -content- of each particular shirt. For Example, these ones: http://time.com/4357406/hillary-clin...-donald-trump/
          just might not be appropriate for the general public.
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I am talking about the rank hypcritical double standard here..
            How is ti ok for the teachers to wear overtly political shirts, but students can't? Especially if those shirs are pro USA, Pro Trump, Pro military/cops or Pro 2nd amendment??
            I haven't seen any of that myself. BTW, are you talking about the white t-shirts that said "white power"? Are you sure they got in trouble because of Trump?

As far as double standards. There are examples of it going both ways.

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
            Dang I thought you were smarter than that. It goes like this: If you are advocating a a liberal cause or agenda, you can pretty much get away with anything. But if you're on the right side you aren't allowed anything but a plain white t-shirt.
            Got it?
            Like I told Gar, there are examples of it going both ways. Try making a clock without being white...for starters. Or a black girl who made a model volcano. Or try not to stand for the pledge of allegiance in many schools. The list goes on.
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
              The difference is, being concerned with police shootings of blacks is (in of itself) NOT political, it is a humanitarian issue. Yes, BLM has morphed into a political tool, I will not argue that, but the actual issue they are trying to address as covered by the article is not political.

This would be a double standard, yes, as would the wearing of a USA T-shirt. Of course, then you have to the -content- of each particular shirt. For Example, these ones: http://time.com/4357406/hillary-clin...-donald-trump/
              just might not be appropriate for the general public.
              I'm glad I didn't step in that. If one group is allowed to express themselves, then all should.

Comment

I'm glad I didn't step in that. If one group is allowed to express themselves, then all should.
                Step in what?

If you are trying to somehow say what I said is BS, just say it.
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

So if I ran around with a psi-corps tee and people were somehow offended I'd get in trouble, even though it's an organization that is totally fictional......

I also have a neat psi-corp badge on one of my jackets which I wear with pride.
                  Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                    So if I ran around with a psi-corps tee and people were somehow offended I'd get in trouble, even though it's an organization that is totally fictional......

I also have a neat psi-corp badge on one of my jackets which I wear with pride.
                    not sure if being a fan of a totalitarian organization, even a fictional one, is anything to brag about

spent most of the series wanting to punch anyone wearing that badge in the face....esp. Chekov.....errr....Bester

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                      not sure if being a fan of a totalitarian organization, even a fictional one, is anything to brag about

spent most of the series wanting to punch anyone wearing that badge in the face....esp. Chekov.....errr....Bester
                      They were literally the thought police.
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

cept they don't need such shirts cause your laws already make them matter

on the other hand CLM as in Civilian Lives Matter (or Commonfolk Lives Matter)...

Pro military/cops
                        it's disingenuous to mix the two

incidentally what do you think of that incident where the SS gunned down an Iraq vet in his own house in AZ? (it was a drug raid & turned out the guy was of course innocent)

Comment

Step in what?

If you are trying to somehow say what I said is BS, just say it.
                          OK. Claiming that the BLM "movement" isn't political is BS. Even you yourself admit that it is.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            When she becomes a vegetable, you can care for her
                            of course. besides she'll be a lot more reasonable in this state

Comment

Gonna be a long wait.
                              Not that long apparently.

If an adult chooses to be gay, or is born that way (AFAIK, we aren't certain if it's a choice, heredity or environment) and he, she or it is happy with their status, no one should have the right for force them to be something else.
                              Cause there you go, showing your colors. For someone who doesn't care, you're quick to say it could be a choice. If it was, I wouldn't have picked it -- I might have cared more for the idea that Russia is going to destroy Belgium (if they can find it).

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                              as for electroshock - I'm now giving some serious thought to trying it on FH
                              I electrocute myself on a regular basis -- I seem to be immune.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Not that long apparently.

Cause there you go, showing your colors. For someone who doesn't care, you're quick to say it could be a choice. If it was, I wouldn't have picked it -- I might have cared more for the idea that Russia is going to destroy Belgium (if they can find it).
                                Am I mistaken? Has it been determined what causes a person to feel that they are something other than their biological gender? If so, I wasn't aware of that. Unless it has been determined and proven, I'm just saying it could be any of them.

As far as Belgium, wasn't that something the Germans picked out of their tank treads as they rolled across Europe in WWII?

Comment

Working...
                                X