This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ADF)DU#N$Q#OINDF)E(UC)DUJB#%
    Was watching this evening's BBC world news and saw on the ticker, that the pound took a major dump, due to some frikken algorythim ********ing things up..
    It dropped to 1.1442$ to the pound (lost 6%) but at least rebounded a little.

Cause of the steady ass kicking the pound has taken over the past 4 months or so, my mother's lost a lot of 'value' on her UK retirement. Prior to Brexit, we on ave go 730 or so dollars a month. Now we barely hit 630. Almost a 100 drop.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
      Terry Pratchett cannot be argued with.
      Bloody hell... not fair.

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
      Plus however long it took them to find my balance information in the underground records room full of filing cabinets, and then update the information by hand, working out the interest on an abacus..
      Abacus?! What century is your bank from? Or wait, you stepped through a time bubble and didn't realize it.

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
      let's not forget that Christ wasn't exactly a pacifist either....or did you happen to fall asleep during the Bible school classes that mentioned the parts of the Bible where Christ forcibly ran people who didn't belong in his Father's house out of it.....or the passage where He said "I came to bring not peace but a sword?"
      I bet you anything he didn't shoot those squatters...

That card doesn't actually contain your info; its chip is an electronic ID with which you access your info that is stored somewhere on the servers used by the health system. It works on the same principle as your debit card or the card with which I open door at work.

For that card to contain your info it would need to be an SSD memory card, like the ones used in cameras and Android phones, coupled with an NFC tag, which would drive the costs of issuing such cards WAY up.
      Belgium used to have its SIS-card -- it's out of use now as most of our information is now stored onto our ID-cards.

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      I knew this was going to happen somewhere...

Connecticut school district bars students from wearing clown costumes

This is getting ridiculous. This whole freakin' country belongs in a rubber room.
      I can't help but seriously ...

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Hey guys and FH. This drunk driver just ran me off the road and smashed my car. I'm going to go use Annoyed logic and beat him up until he can't move. Its okay since he broke the law
      I hope you have a good lawyer at hand for after the beating...

Annoyed logic would require that you think the process through. If he smashed your car, how are you going to catch him?

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      What ever happened to faxing over a copy of the page(s) needed)??
      Faxing?!? What century are you from?

Same thing that happened to horseback couriers and pigeon post.

Alabama high school student assaulted over Black Lives Matter post, police say

Anybody holding their breath waiting for the "hate crime" charges to come?

And how much support for "Black Lives Matter" are these thugs going to generate?

If anything, it will set the movement back a ways.
      So, the mother of the assaulted boy says the following:

"“I want to see them handcuffed. I want to see them put in jail. I don't wish any harm on anyone's child. I would like for them to have to look at my child right now. I don't want any other mother to have to go through what I went through these past few days.”"

If that's true, perhaps she should have explained the Black Lives Matter movement to her son a little better. Perhaps he would have thought twice about his Blue Lives Matter comment. That's just part of the whole problem but a lot don't see it apparently.

It's wrong what happened to him and there should definitely be consequences for whomever beat him up, but perhaps a little dialogue could have gone a long way too, before he made his post and probably knew someone was gonna have a problem with it. People always have a problem with what others say.

It wasn't one posting by the way. He'd been critical of the movement for a while and I can see how that could rub an African-American the wrong way too:

Alabama teen who posted pro-Blue Lives Matter messages on Facebook is in critical condition after he was beaten by assailants

Still doesn't make it right.

Originally posted by imzadi35 View Post
      Got a question for you all. If two people who have Down's Syndrome want to get married and have a baby, should they? I read an article on Yahoo about two teenagers in Australia who have Down's and want to get married and have children. Their parents don't think they'd be capable of the 'having children' part of it.

What do you all think?
      I see no issue. They love each other, or they wouldn't get married in the first place.

However, on the child front they may have some issues as the fertility levels of a male with Down Syndrome are very low. The risk of having a baby with Down is also greater if the mother is also suffering from Down.
      Nevertheless, they should be given that opportunity. They can most certainly make decisions if informed properly.

Stop insulting toilet paper!
      Only if it has 6 layers.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      I think we are all forgetting the main issue. People still read newspapers?
      Yes, I do occasionally.
      But 6 layers of toiletpaper is still better than a newspaper.

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      What do you think of parents who are advocating that it's their right as parents to turn little Ruby or Johnny into transgender children if they feel that way at a very young age, like putting them on hormones at the age of 3 or something?
      ...'giving into their whim' and make them feel like the opposite sex when they don't EVEN KNOW what the differences are between genders yet, should damn well be child abuse too!
      First of all, transgender children aren't given any hormone treatments until they reach their teen years and their own hormones start kicking in.

Second of all, watch this video so you at least have an understanding of what it is like to be the parent of a transgender child:

Moms for transgender equality

And then you may continue with the basic understanding caus you're clearly in need of some simple explanations:

Transgender Children & Youth: Understanding the Basics

Letting them explore their feelings is the better alternative to locking them in closet and telling them to get over it.
      Indeed, plenty of studies around to tell you it can lead to depression, suicide, self-harm and basically a very unhappy person.

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
      Most three year olds barely know how to piss straight or hold a conversation for more than a few seconds let alone know, understand or comprehend the notion of sexuality.

Anybody who says different is either deluded, or never bought up a child.
      Your knowledge of small children is astounding. However, watch the video I provided.

Also, where did you buy your kids? Walmart? Tesco? Or Dreamland? Fun?
      Did you get what you wanted? No faults? Or was some assembly requirerd?
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Shut up FH, I am still assembling my three, you are distracting me..

NOW LOOK WHAT HAPPENED!!
        You are paying for the corrective surgery damn you!!!
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Thank you for the link to the video FH..... Interesting
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
            Shut up FH, I am still assembling my three, you are distracting me..

NOW LOOK WHAT HAPPENED!!
            You are paying for the corrective surgery damn you!!!
            *evil laughter*

Comment

Well, yet again we see a wrongful interpretation of "separation of church and state" being applied to school buses..
              This time from Arizona.

http://100pct.us/rt_story/r_conserva...75674d51413d3d

http://www.daysofrevelation.com/chri...on-school-bus/

Why is it i have never not once heard of a story about these rabid atheists freedom from religion wackos, going after any other religion?

Comment

Because you're getting your news from Christian sites?

Who honestly did a terrible job reporting the story

It happened in Arkansas.. Not Arizona.

On one bus. Not all buses that exist. Siloam Springs School District bus #24, if you're interested. Because research isn't that hard

The Freedom From Religion Foundation sent this letter *link*

In it, the organization cited Supreme Court decisions that ruled in favor of the separation of education and religion and also requested the district address the issue by telling school bus drivers not to play religious programming while students are present.

"We understand that the students on the bus are in a contained situation and under the establishment clause we're supposed to be religiously neutral," Ramey said. "So, we see this as a verifiable incident that can be corrected."

Ken Ramey is the superintendent of the Siloam Springs School District.

I wish I could live in a world where "bus driver turns off radio" is a major event that requires national news coverage

And a link to the original story. NSFW. It's really shocking, world-changing news. Radio switched to off position. Make sure small children and the easily alarmed are out of the room before clicking the link.
                Last edited by Pharaoh Hamenthotep; 09 October 2016, 02:44 AM.

Comment

Why is it i have never not once heard of a story about these rabid atheists freedom from religion wackos, going after any other religion?
                  Because they are the only ones complaining about it.

Googled it. The only results I got were all christian websites.

Also googled the Freedom From Religion Foundation:

"The history of Western civilization shows us that most social and moral progress has been brought about by persons free from religion. In modern times the first to speak out for prison reform, for humane treatment of the mentally ill, for abolition of capital punishment, for women's right to vote, for death with dignity for the terminally ill, and for the right to choose contraception, sterilization and abortion have been freethinkers, just as they were the first to call for an end to slavery. The Foundation works as an umbrella for those who are free from religion and are committed to the cherished principle of separation of state and church."

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

"The history of Western civilization shows us that most social and moral progress has been brought about by persons free from religion. In modern times the first to speak out for prison reform, for humane treatment of the mentally ill, for abolition of capital punishment, for women's right to vote, for death with dignity for the terminally ill, and for the right to choose contraception, sterilization and abortion have been freethinkers, just as they were the first to call for an end to slavery. The Foundation works as an umbrella for those who are free from religion and are committed to the cherished principle of separation of state and church."
                    You have to follow the links back to the source. Google locations, and the names of the people involved. The original link was so vague is could easily have been a fake story.

But it's really a non-issue. Practically click-bait, get the easily outraged to post it everywhere to boost the ad views.

Comment

Well, yet again we see a wrongful interpretation of "separation of church and state" being applied to school buses..
                      This time from Arizona.

http://100pct.us/rt_story/r_conserva...75674d51413d3d

http://www.daysofrevelation.com/chri...on-school-bus/

Students on a bus are a captive audience. Music on top 40 stations is about the most you can put on a radio. But common sense does make way for genre specific. Country music works, and it at times contains references to religion but is also mostly secular. If a station does have religious music from multiple religions and includes secular music, that would be allowed too. But I know of no such radio station. But yes, it was a violation of church and state.

So much wrong with that quote.
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

Hang on I still do not understand.

Why was the radio turned off?
                        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Because you're getting your news from Christian sites?

Who honestly did a terrible job reporting the story
                          Would you be happy that i linked a different site..

Such as this news/radio station?
                          http://5newsonline.com/2016/10/03/re...gs-school-bus/

On one bus. Not all buses that exist. Siloam Springs School District bus #24, if you're interested. Because research isn't that hard
                          Yes it did only happen to one bus, but this is the 2nd time in the past 2 months we have heard of a similar story..

In it, the organization cited Supreme Court decisions that ruled in favor of the separation of education and religion and also requested the district address the issue by telling school bus drivers not to play religious programming while students are present.

"We understand that the students on the bus are in a contained situation and under the establishment clause we're supposed to be religiously neutral," Ramey said. "So, we see this as a verifiable incident that can be corrected."
                          And that's the area i am having the issue.. A bus driver listening to a christian radio station is NO MORE endorsing christian music, as one who listens to rap or rock is endorsing THEM.
                          AND me and others have continually SHOWN you that the whole idiocy of that "Separation of church and state" crap is pure bunk...

Well if the FFRA wants a separation of state and church, then why is it they ONLY go after instances where its Christianity and something governmental? We have heard numerous stories in the past year where a school flat out did something to 'honor' Islam, such as that NY school doing the burka day. But not a peep out of the FFRA saying "that violates the separation bull hockey."
                          So why not??

But yes, it was a violation of church and state.
                          How artood?? Is one driver, listening it, the federal government endorsing it??

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                            So much wrong with that quote.
                            It's the About-text of that organisation. I'm not familiar with their workings nor their existence.

Yes it did only happen to one bus, but this is the 2nd time in the past 2 months we have heard of a similar story..
                            Let's turn it around: how would you react if it were a driver who's Muslim, listening to Islamic music (beyond the call for prayer, I'm not familiar with any other religious Islam inspired music)?

We have heard numerous stories in the past year where a school flat out did something to 'honor' Islam, such as that NY school doing the burka day.
                            Because whether you like it or not, listening to the radio and having a Burka day are two seperate things. You are not forced to participate in the second, but in enclosed area it's hard to escape the music (even though one can always play their own on headphones.

I imagine, that's the kind of reasoning behind it.

Comment

Let's turn it around: how would you react if it were a driver who's Muslim, listening to Islamic music (beyond the call for prayer, I'm not familiar with any other religious Islam inspired music)?
                              He would have a bullet in his neck in seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                                He would have a bullet in his neck in seconds.
                                It's a schoolbus.... do these kids have guns too?

Comment

Working...
                                X