• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another person questioning authority. Shoot him
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      At this point in history, Christianity isn't a problem.
      Oh, it is...
      Causes enough problems for a lot of people.
      Might not be by blowing stuff up -- not in these parts of the world anyway, but there are plenty of other ways for Christianity to be a problem to a lot of people.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
        Maybe stop trying to shoot everyone?

But the guns make such a nice "bang" noise....
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post

Death penalty for breaking a window and running off with a TV set? You're insane.
          So. What else should the store owner be allowed to do to protect his property?
          Trap it to prevent the breaking in and looting - sorry, can't do that.
          Stand in front to stop them coming in - suicide as He would get beaten, possibly to death.
          Hope and pray the cops come to stop it - not likely.

So what else? Just stand by and LET THEM break in and loot, and in some cases burn down the damn store??

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
          by whom?
          By the cops and/or national guard..

Comment

Let the Property Owner defend their property in what ever creative way they can think of. Home Alone Style but done in a LETHAL way.
            I like Sharky
            sigpic

Comment

Losing property that is most likely insured is no reason to kill a man or woman. Unless they threaten your own life but that is a different issue
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                By the cops and/or national guard..
                as I suspected
                so they had a good incentive to loot

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Losing property that is most likely insured is no reason to kill a man or woman. Unless they threaten your own life but that is a different issue
                  Then how do you suggest that the property or shop owner defend his property if the police won't ? And letting them loot or rob him is NOT an acceptable answer.

Comment

Answering violence with violence never solves anything -- just makes things worse.

You guys have enough gun problems as is.

Oh yeah, one of the children shot by that teenager died. Another one added to the statistics.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Then how do you suggest that the property or shop owner defend his property if the police won't ? And letting them loot or rob him is NOT an acceptable answer.
                      Yes it is.
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        Answering violence with violence never solves anything -- just makes things worse
                        That statement has never been true.
                        If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Answering violence with violence never solves anything -- just makes things worse.
                          I believe garkhal just clarified this was never about citizens defending their property

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            So. What else should the store owner be allowed to do to protect his property?
                            Trap it to prevent the breaking in and looting - sorry, can't do that.
                            Stand in front to stop them coming in - suicide as He would get beaten, possibly to death.
                            Hope and pray the cops come to stop it - not likely.

So what else? Just stand by and LET THEM break in and loot, and in some cases burn down the damn store??
                            The thing is, when I say that I am pro-life...I actually mean it. A broken window and some stolen tv sets and operating on a loss for X amount of time is not equal to the loss of human life. To me, at least, human life is actually worth something. To some, it may be a trivial concern and I can understand that on the coldest most inhumane level possible. Committing a crime is not worthy of death, period. I mean...murder and stuff like that is up in the air. But petty theft, breaking and entering, etc...NO.

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                            That statement has never been true.

I don't think your statement applies to the individual interpersonal level.
                            By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                              as I suspected
                              so they had a good incentive to loot
                              So cause cops shoot criminals, criminals have a good reason to go loot?

And not all those 'looters' who used to get shot were just black.. ANY disaster we had (natural/man made) it was common practice, to shoot looters. Heck after Katrina, cops and guard weer given the thumbs up to do so as well..

Comment

How do you feel about driverless cars and more automation in the workforce?

(I know it seems like an odd tangent)

Comment

Working...
                                X