This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
    So, the news of the day is, singer Sam Smith (he of the whiny voice, known for the song "Stay With Me") is to sing the theme song for the new James Bond movie "Spectre".

Discuss.
    I saw a clip from an interview he did about the song.. He says it's the highest one he's ever done.. Everyone like falsetto singing, right?

Comment

Forgive me for going off on a bit of a tangent, but can I just say how much I hate those fake "Make a complete fool of yourself for charity" Facebook posts that pop up every now and then, and when you like it comment you get a message daring you to post a similar message for an hour?
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

You mean the various challenges, like the ice bucket thing that everyone was doing?

How many of the people who poured ice water over their heads actually donated to the charity.. or even knew there was a charity?

Comment

Stuff like that, yes.

People don't seem to realise that if you post something on the internet, it's there forever. A week later? Still there. A month? Still there. A year? Ten? Still there.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            Then move to her county and register to vote, and you can do just that..
            As it is, though, many in her county seem to be supporting her.
            I'm not a US citizen.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

As far as I can tell, the only real "cause" Facebook cares about is their advertising revenue.
              They are not to be trusted.

Like everyone, I have an account there.. but they have almost zero "real" information about me, not even my name. The only thing I do on it is chat w/friends, plain text. And I make sure that I log out of it each time, to protect my privacy.

Anytime you "like" a company or organization, in most cases, that company now has access to your profile info and other info you've given FB.. And FB makes money off sharing that info.

It's all about collecting as much information about you as they can.

Comment

You got the tinfoil hat back from the cleaners, I see...

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                As far as I can tell, the only real "cause" Facebook cares about is their advertising revenue.
                They are not to be trusted.
                A business only cares about making money? I'm shocked!!

Anytime you "like" a company or organization, in most cases, that company now has access to your profile info and other info you've given FB.. And FB makes money off sharing that info.
                That seems to be the important bit.. Information you give them freely.. No one is forcing you to post anything you don't want to.

And you don't have to press the "like" button on anything.

Comment

PH, Brutak may or may not know how facebook behaves; I was just trying to help him on on the chance that he didn't know.

Comment

BruTak is a Supervillain I'm sure he knows

Comment

as long as there are fools fans who follow the facebook fad (hoho) the company's not to blame for capitalizing on this cesspool of subnormality

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                        BruTak is a Supervillain I'm sure he knows
                        Dammit! My cover is blown! *Exits, stage left*
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                          Dammit! My cover is blown! *Exits, stage left*
                          But I thought you were here for our annual meeting!

Did I get the date wrong again?

Comment

PH is only a minion
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              PH is only a minion
                              Oh, great... Now she's going to let that movie go to her head.

Comment

Oh, great... Now she's going to let that movie go to her head.
                                That ship has already sailed
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X