This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    Maybe the idea was that everyone would have this thing called a job, and employers had to offer incentives for someone to come work for them, rather than some other company.
    Well, maybe if you had kids, and contributed to the continuation of society, society would care about you more.
    Or is society offering incentives bad?
    Yes, I know, that's all gone out the window these days, but maybe that's what needs to be addressed, rather than trying to "fix" a health care system that was once the best in the world.
    Best in the world??
    The US has NEVER had the best healthcare system in the world, in fact, their are 3rd world nations with better health care systems. What the US -does- have is some of the best healthcare -providers- in the world, but if you think that everyone has equal access to those providers to create an actual "system", you are delusional.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
      But I already made the signs!

This is at least the third time the "free stuff for everyone but not me" argument has come up..
      We can recycle them!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
        Then all hope is lost

I don't think they can explain the thinking behind it beyond "I want free stuff too or it's not fair!"
        Yea well ain't that one of humanity's rotten cores, the inability to truly understand one another?

Isn't that why we have issues with (gender/sexual) identity, racial problems, and war and petty fighting in general?

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          Well, maybe if you had kids, and contributed to the continuation of society, society would care about you more.
          Or is society offering incentives bad?

Best in the world??
          The US has NEVER had the best healthcare system in the world, in fact, their are 3rd world nations with better health care systems. What the US -does- have is some of the best healthcare -providers- in the world, but if you think that everyone has equal access to those providers to create an actual "system", you are delusional.
          Then why have so many of the world's people traveled to the U.S. for treatment?

Comment

Then why have so many of the world's people traveled to the U.S. for treatment?
            Do you understand the English language?
            The US has some of the best doctors in the world, I already said that, which is why people who can afford it go to the US.
            Does that mean those best doctors are in your -healthcare system-, you know, the one that everyone has to use?
            NO.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
              Do you understand the English language?
              The US has some of the best doctors in the world, I already said that, which is why people who can afford it go to the US.
              Does that mean those best doctors are in your -healthcare system-, you know, the one that everyone has to use?
              NO.
              I think we might sort of agree here.. The HC system itself is the best in the world. (or was, till the government frakked it up) , it's the financing system that tanked.

And I'm saying that the tankage is the result of the economy tanking, and so many of our good jobs being sent overseas.
              I say fix the real problem, not fixing the part that isn't broken.

Trying to fix the financing system by screwing with the healthcare system is like trying to fix the refrigerator by working on the washing machine. THAT'S NOT WHAT'S BROKEN!

Comment

I think we might sort of agree here.. The HC system itself is the best in the world. (or was, till the government frakked it up)
                No, it's not, it never has been.
                Let me be clear here
                Your heathcare system, the system that is supposed to cover all your population, not just people with a lot of money, is as effective as a condom after the big night out.
                What you have is some -extremely- talented, well trained doctors working within a broken system.
                , it's the financing system that tanked.
                What financing system?
                And I'm saying that the tankage is the result of the economy tanking, and so many of our good jobs being sent overseas.
                I say fix the real problem, not fixing the part that isn't broken.
                You just proved you don't know what the problem is, you can't even work out when someone is disagreeing with you for gods sake!!
                Trying to fix the financing system by screwing with the healthcare system is like trying to fix the refrigerator by working on the washing machine. THAT'S NOT WHAT'S BROKEN!
                Who the HELL brought in the finance system??
                All you do is ask questions, and when you don't like the answers, move the goalposts. There is not even an attempt to refute or discuss the topic, just move the goalposts again. I'm looking at the fridge, but it is you asking me to look at the washing machine, and if I do, you say "why are you looking at that?"
                sigpic

Comment

I see at as two separate things.
                  There is the health care system itself, and there is the mechanism for paying for it.
                  2 separate systems.

Comment

To be clear, a Health Care System is the organization of people, institutions, and resources that deliver health care services to meet the health needs of target populations.

While US healthcare itself is great, the organization thereof is not good (since it ****s over everyone who isn't rich).

Comment

I see at as two separate things.
                      There is the health care system itself, and there is the mechanism for paying for it.
                      2 separate systems.
                      So the relationship is the same as between the aforementioned refrigerator and the electrical wiring that keeps it running.

Did it occur to you that when the power supply is faulty, your refrigerator will not work no matter what? And that having been plugged into a faulty supply for decades, your fridge might have developed faults?
                      If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Is this the electrical department, cause i have a faulty shower, hot water wont come out but cold still does, i suspect the heating unit is buggered
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                          Is this the electrical department, cause i have a faulty shower, hot water wont come out but cold still does, i suspect the heating unit is buggered
                          I thought most water heaters were gas-powered, not electricity powered, which if you have no hot water it could be a blockage in the gas mains.....which would make this jel's department...he knows the most about gas

Comment

I suspect the shower is cold to match pookey's cold heart
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                              Do you mean that nothing comes out of the hot faucet? Or you get cold water out of it?
                              If the former, might be a plumbing issue.. pipe blocked? (I assume a break would be obvious)

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                I suspect the shower is cold to match pookey's cold heart
                                generally speaking, cat people are evil :|

Comment

Working...
                                X