Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And yet another apparently unjustifiable police shooting.

Miami shooting: Man says cops shot him while he was lying down with hands up

(CNN)The video shows a man lying in the street, holding his hands in the air.
    "All he has is a toy truck," the man shouts. "I am a behavior therapist at a group home."

Charles Kinsey said the footage, released by his attorney, shows the moment Monday when he tried to convince North Miami police not to harm his patient, a 23-year-old with autism who was sitting on the ground beside him.
    "I was more worried about him than myself," Kinsey told CNN affiliate WSVN-TV in Miami.
    "As long as I've got my hands up, they're not gonna shoot me, that's what I'm thinking," Kinsey said. "Wow, was I wrong."
    Now Kinsey is hospitalized with a gunshot wound.
    North Miami police said an officer opened fire after attempting to negotiate. Kinsey and his attorney said that explanation doesn't add up. State authorities say they're investigating.
    They haven't released the ID or race of the cop involved yet, so I suspect he might be black. But regardless of his race, this appears to be way over the line. The shooting victim asked the cop why he shot him, and the response was "I don't know"?

Completely unacceptable.

Comment

Makes you wonder if some of these cops are gripping the trigger and are shooting by accident if they flinched or jump.

Before guns were banned in the UK I got to shoot a few rounds at the local range (which was in a cave under the castle in the center of town) and although it was decades ago i distinctly remember being told not to grip or hang my finger on the trigger ever, they were really strict on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
        Makes you wonder if some of these cops are gripping the trigger and are shooting by accident if they flinched or jump.

Before guns were banned in the UK I got to shoot a few rounds at the local range (which was in a cave under the castle in the center of town) and although it was decades ago i distinctly remember being told not to grip or hang my finger on the trigger ever, they were really strict on that.
        Every time we went to gun training in the mil, we had the 4 safety laws of guns drumbed into us. NEVER put your finger on the trigger till you are ready to shoot. Never point your weapon you are not Absolutely sure you are ready to destroy..

Seems like cops obviously don't get that training..

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          And yet another apparently unjustifiable police shooting.

Miami shooting: Man says cops shot him while he was lying down with hands up
          Apparently??
          Are you kidding me?

They haven't released the ID or race of the cop involved yet, so I suspect he might be black. But regardless of his race, this appears to be way over the line. The shooting victim asked the cop why he shot him, and the response was "I don't know"?

Completely unacceptable.
          1: He was white, watch the video.
          2: I thought you did not like it when race was brought up.

But yes, totally unacceptable.
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            Every time we went to gun training in the mil, we had the 4 safety laws of guns drumbed into us. NEVER put your finger on the trigger till you are ready to shoot. Never point your weapon you are not Absolutely sure you are ready to destroy..

Seems like cops obviously don't get that training..
            If the cops don't get the training, do you see why people are concerned about the public having similar weapons?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
              Apparently??
              Are you kidding me?
              No, it's too early to be sure. In these cases, very often additional information is made public days later which changes the situation.

1: He was white, watch the video.
              2: I thought you did not like it when race was brought up.

But yes, totally unacceptable.
              I read the articles, but I don't watch the videos. The advertising is often longer than the video, and requires me to allow too many 3rd party scripts to run to watch them anyway. I like my computer the way it is, adware & malware-free.

Comment

No, it's too early to be sure. In these cases, very often additional information is made public days later which changes the situation.
                He was lying on the ground, hands up, trying to comfort a person with mental issues, and he got shot.
                Are you waiting to here that as a child he had a closed criminal record so you can say "he deserved it"?
                I read the articles, but I don't watch the videos. The advertising is often longer than the video, and requires me to allow too many 3rd party scripts to run to watch them anyway. I like my computer the way it is, adware & malware-free.
                You skipped Reality free.
                sigpic

Comment

He was lying on the ground, hands up, trying to comfort a person with mental issues, and he got shot.
                  Are you waiting to here that as a child he had a closed criminal record so you can say "he deserved it"?

You skipped Reality free.
                  No, I just wait for the details to be known. I said the same thing after the shootings last week, too.

Comment

It's weirder than that..

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/pol...egiver-heroic/

He was aiming for the autistic man not the caregiver.
                    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                      It's weirder than that..

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/pol...egiver-heroic/

He was aiming for the autistic man not the caregiver.
                      If that turns out to be true, the cop is not making his case look any better.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

If all is as it appears, he's in deep doo-doo... But we may not know everything yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          If that turns out to be true, the cop is not making his case look any better.

He might not be the brightest tool out the toolbox hey?
                          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

If all is as it appears, he's in deep doo-doo... But we may not know everything yet.

Sadly we are going to have to wait 7 years to know anything.
                            By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

Whatever the case, I don't want to be in his shoes right now.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

So... What do you all think of the plan to get the Mounted Joust added as an Olympic sport?

I need to finish my chainmail.. And get some jousting armour..

Comment

Working...
                                X