This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Just on this TYT and BLM thing I find the fact that people have to form groups to make a point fascinating. It's like each group has a voice louder then the one next to and and yet we're all the same species so shouldn't we be speaking up as one for each other?

I find it interesting that we humans have to split into particular groups and then shout the virtues of that group over another group.

We are all human after all so ALM All Lives Matter makes far more sense to me. That's just my quick 10 second view of this but the more I see ourselves splitting and fracturing off into different groups, the more I see this as having the opposite effect of uniting people as one.

We're not separate species but one human species, are we not?
    We are, but the left it seems loves pitting people against one another. Whether its by race, gender, culture, economic status etc...

Originally posted by Womble View Post
    Brexit, so far anyhow, looks like a certain behavior pattern of cats. They meow for hours and scratch at the front door and act all desperate to get out. Yet once you open the door, the stupid furball just sits still in front of it, stares at you and refuses to move.
    I love the analogy.

Comment

Brexit, so far anyhow, looks like a certain behavior pattern of cats. They meow for hours and scratch at the front door and act all desperate to get out. Yet once you open the door, the stupid furball just sits still in front of it, stares at you and refuses to move.
      I see you've seen the cartoon that everyone is posting on Facebook.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        We are, but the left it seems loves pitting people against one another. Whether its by race, gender, culture, economic status etc...
        Left, right and center -- everyone is guilty of it at one point or another.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Has anyone heard of/seen this film
          http://www.redbox.com/movies/no-men-beyond-this-point

For those not up on it, the premise is that since 1963 or so, women have been able to reproduce and make babies all without men, and have only been birthing girls. No boys.. so one of the title characters is a 37 yr old man working as a maid in a house full of women, doing all he can to ensure men don't go extinct....

Do you feel such a movie is controversial?

Comment

Reminds me of an episode of the Outer Limits in which men have gone extinct, due to some illness if I remember correctly.

I don't see why it would be controversial. The science isn't there yet so you have nothing to fear.

Comment

For those not up on it, the premise is that since 1963 or so, women have been able to reproduce and make babies all without men, and have only been birthing girls. No boys.. so one of the title characters is a 37 yr old man working as a maid in a house full of women, doing all he can to ensure men don't go extinct....

I don't buy the premise. Absolutely, there would be some subgroups who would go the male-free route, but I don't think the human race would go for that as a whole.

Even if it was plausible, however, it's just a story. "What if?" which is what sci fi is about. I don't see how it could be worth a controversy. It isn't real life.

Comment

Conflicted, yes. BUT imo saying you understand why he did it and that makes him a martyr, is still somewhat condoning it..
                That's true. But she was still reacting. She, and any other black person who felt like her, really need to take a good long look at themselves and decide what they are after. But beyond that, after she settled her feelings she seems to have come to the conclusion that he wasn't/isn't. Though, to me, the moral of the story is to NOT broadcast our feelings on social media, or the internet, until after you have had time to process them!

Check out sites like Judicial watch or breibart for what i am on about..

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2015/...gh-april-2014/

That's what i was going on about in that first line..

First, Aside from a token investigation of Dick Cheney, they're pretty much only concerned with corrupt democrats, not republicans. So please excuse me if I take Judicial Watch with a grain of salt.

That said, I read into it a bit. It seems more a bureaucratic nightmare of people in different government agencies not talking to each other. ICE can't detain a murder, the local cops have to do that so that starts of a fireball of none sense paperwork crisscross mess. And this is the government you want to deport millions of people in mass? That's downright insane.

Just on this TYT and BLM thing I find the fact that people have to form groups to make a point fascinating. It's like each group has a voice louder then the one next to and and yet we're all the same species so shouldn't we be speaking up as one for each other?

I find it interesting that we humans have to split into particular groups and then shout the virtues of that group over another group.

We are all human after all so ALM All Lives Matter makes far more sense to me. That's just my quick 10 second view of this but the more I see ourselves splitting and fracturing off into different groups, the more I see this as having the opposite effect of uniting people as one.

We're not separate species but one human species, are we not?
                Here's the thing. I'm not a BLM fan due to tactics and being unrelenting disruptors of the peace...but I am even less of a fan of ALM. Why? Well here's a good analogy.

Tim is sitting at a table with friends. Everyone but Tim gets plates with food. So Tim says "Tim deserves food!" And everyone turns to him and shouts "Everyone deserves food!" That is true, and Tim would agree. But that does nothing to solve the issue of Tim not having any food. And if Tim were to shout all the time "Everyone deserves Food" no one would notice that he still lacks food.

Tim Deserves Food= Black Lives Matter.

The premise itself is nothing bad. These kind of things are meant to explore the issues surrounding sexism (Be that of men or women or both) or as a fun thought experiment (Personally, I'm fund of those and might check it out at some point...I have a long movie list).

The problem would be in its execution. It could be sexist against women, men, or some sort of combo of the two....which could in turn be intentional.
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post

What cartoon?
                  Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Reminds me of an episode of the Outer Limits in which men have gone extinct, due to some illness if I remember correctly.

I don't see why it would be controversial. The science isn't there yet so you have nothing to fear.

They did this on an episode of Sliders too...
                    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                      Nope, I haven't.

But I'm sure they are reusing Simon's Cat.

P.S. BLM, ALM... Why is everyone suddenly talking in airport codes?
                      Last edited by Womble; 14 July 2016, 08:56 PM.
                      If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

From some of the reviews i have read on various sites, it seems some of the controversy about it is how it seems to treat the near extinction of men as being "ah,, oh well"..

Comment

P.S. BLM, ALM... Why is everyone suddenly talking in airport codes?
                          BLM = Black Lives Matter
                          ALM = ALL Lives Matter
                          Blue LM= Blue Lives Matter (the men wearing the Blue uniforms--the police)

It's all about who is protesting against who or complaining about what or who. Yes, it gets confusing even to us who hear or read about it every day. But the people doing the complaining, don't want the rest of us to forget -- ever. ..Because this is the world we are now living in.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                            I don't buy the premise. Absolutely, there would be some subgroups who would go the male-free route, but I don't think the human race would go for that as a whole.
                            The science isn't there (yet) and I doubt it'll ever will. It's all about diversity.

But I'm sure they are reusing Simon's Cat.
                            Simon's Cat rocks - just saying...

From some of the reviews i have read on various sites, it seems some of the controversy about it is how it seems to treat the near extinction of men as being "ah,, oh well"..
                            No extinction is worthy of an "Ah... oh well..." --
                            I see the controversy right there.

Comment

LOL -- they really are airport codes

BLM --> Bahia De Los Angelos South Airport
                              ALM --> Alamogordo White Sands Regional Airport (Alamogordo, United States)

World Airport Codes
                              Had to look up a recent list of codes when I was thinking of flying with Fly Emirates -- discounted rate but I don't have passport and that was a requirement. But looking up the airports was loads of fun, nonetheless. Girl can dream!

Comment

What cartoon?
                                The one that's all over Facebook!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X