This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    The usual ... cops taking matters into their own hands and getting away with it.
    He hasn't "gotten away with it" at least not yet. And based upon the account I've read about it, he won't. But we don't have all the information yet, so it's far too early to make that claim.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      He hasn't "gotten away with it" at least not yet. And based upon the account I've read about it, he won't. But we don't have all the information yet, so it's far too early to make that claim.
      What more do you need? He shot a guy in a car who was reaching for his ID and/or his license. He didn't even provide aid after he shot him. That's enough to charge him.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Are cops really that skittish that they shoot first now even when someone is reaching for ID?
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

He shot a guy in a car four times. That's not a warning shot. That's not an accidental discharge. He aimed his gun and shot through a car window. At point blank range. That's murder.

For a broken tail light. Is that enough of a reason to kill someone?

How many times does this have to happen?

Comment

Why are conspiracy theories still popular?

For example this page of nuttiness..... Some of it makes a weird kind of sense but most of the readers comments just gave me a migraine.

http://allnewspipeline.com/Going_Aft...r_Children.php

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
              He shot a guy in a car four times. That's not a warning shot. That's not an accidental discharge. He aimed his gun and shot through a car window. At point blank range. That's murder.

For a broken tail light. Is that enough of a reason to kill someone?

How many times does this have to happen?

It has to happen lots of times after all this is America.

Comment

What more do you need? He shot a guy in a car who was reaching for his ID and/or his license. He didn't even provide aid after he shot him. That's enough to charge him.
                I'm saying that barring information that we don't know yet, he should be charged.
                But until we hear everything, we can't say for certain. Just assuming he's guilty is just as bad as assuming he's innocent.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                  Because people aren't getting any smarter.
                  If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

I'm saying that barring information that we don't know yet, he should be charged.
                    But until we hear everything, we can't say for certain. Just assuming he's guilty is just as bad as assuming he's innocent.

So.. he pointed his gun, fired four times, and killed a man.. by accident?

Comment

Are cops really that skittish that they shoot first now even when someone is reaching for ID?
                      you can thank all the gang violence the police have to deal with these days for many cops to be skittish enough to shoot first and ask questions later..esp. in a day and age where the driver of the vehicle they stop is as likely to be getting his gun out of the glove compartment as his vehicle registration

Comment

It pains me to say this but I agree with Annoyed. If we go with the narrative he is probably guilty, but I am always a big proponent of let's gather all the facts. I amsee the Internet jump to conclusions too many times when faced with the preliminary information
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Because our ability to see patterns is so advanced that we see them where there are none, and evolutionarily there's never been pressure to weed out false positives.

It's why you see pictures of "aliens/human skulls/etc" on mars, or less terrifyingly, why we can watch clouds and see shapes in them.

Comment

Rich people don't need justics, or laws, or even facing charges.......
                            Especially politicians, named Clinton!

Maybe the oldest retcon to date.
                            That it is..

You do indeed. It was aimed at SGAlisa post which I quoted (or did I misquote)...
                            Apologies then for going off on you..

Minn. cop fatally shoots black man during traffic stop, aftermath broadcast on Facebook

Depending upon what we don't know yet, this doesn't look good for the officer involved. If all is as it appears, he should be prosecuted.
                            Based on what i saw, yes he should. Along with the others who stood by and didn't stop him.
                            BUT based on past history of cops breaking the law, i doubt it that justice will get served.

I will say, when cops have been shot by perps making it seem that's what they were doing, but actually went for a gun instead, i can slightly understand what made the cop do it.. Though that does NOT excuse his illegal act.

Comment

Or frivolous lawsuiters like Donald Trump.
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post

I will say, when cops have been shot by perps making it seem that's what they were doing, but actually went for a gun instead, i can slightly understand what made the cop do it.. Though that does NOT excuse his illegal act.
                                Yet for some reason none of the officers who have pulled me over ever shot me for taking out my license...they didn't even seem worried enough to take out their guns.

I agree with Annoyed in the case of Sterling's shooting. While he didn't initially (allegedly) do anything wrong, he does have a criminal record and a gun and no word of it being legal. He was combative. But the manner in which he was shot is suspicious to say the least, the reason why he was accosted is problematic.

Castile on the other hand, the only things on his records are things like traffic violations. He was a member of his local PTA, works in a school and loved by the kids, and was allegedly super cooperative. To put it plain and simple, on the information we have right now, he was shot for practicing his 2nd amendment rights. He did everything the right way, and if the evidence pans out as such, then this simply was a murder no matter how scared or freaked out the officer was. He shot an innocent productive member of society, and thus someone has to go to jail.
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X