X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Won't be the first time animals have used me as a pillow
    Then my couch, such as it is, is open.
    I still have friends in the medical field, I'm sure they could do with a good technician.
    I guess you could do in a pinch.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      In the eyes of the law, exactly where am I ahead of them?
      What statute or govt. can I cite to gain an advantage in the job market? Or anyplace else for that matter?
      I present to you the US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission which enforces the anti-discrimination laws in place

Spoiler:
      Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII)
      This law makes it illegal to discriminate against someone on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, or sex. The law also makes it illegal to retaliate against a person because the person complained about discrimination, filed a charge of discrimination, or participated in an employment discrimination investigation or lawsuit. The law also requires that employers reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' sincerely held religious practices, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the operation of the employer's business.

Note by me: remember how gharkal made the comment sex does not equal gender, so in that regard gender could (and should be) be added to the line to clarify things.

The Pregnancy Discrimination Act
      This law amended Title VII to make it illegal to discriminate against a woman because of pregnancy, childbirth, or a medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth. The law also makes it illegal to retaliate against a person because the person complained about discrimination, filed a charge of discrimination, or participated in an employment discrimination investigation or lawsuit.

The Equal Pay Act of 1963 (EPA)
      This law makes it illegal to pay different wages to men and women if they perform equal work in the same workplace. The law also makes it illegal to retaliate against a person because the person complained about discrimination, filed a charge of discrimination, or participated in an employment discrimination investigation or lawsuit.

The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA)
      This law protects people who are 40 or older from discrimination because of age. The law also makes it illegal to retaliate against a person because the person complained about discrimination, filed a charge of discrimination, or participated in an employment discrimination investigation or lawsuit.

Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA)
      This law makes it illegal to discriminate against a qualified person with a disability in the private sector and in state and local governments. The law also makes it illegal to retaliate against a person because the person complained about discrimination, filed a charge of discrimination, or participated in an employment discrimination investigation or lawsuit. The law also requires that employers reasonably accommodate the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or employee, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the operation of the employer's business.

Sections 102 and 103 of the Civil Rights Act of 1991
      Among other things, this law amends Title VII and the ADA to permit jury trials and compensatory and punitive damage awards in intentional discrimination cases.

Sections 501 and 505 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
      This law makes it illegal to discriminate against a qualified person with a disability in the federal government. The law also makes it illegal to retaliate against a person because the person complained about discrimination, filed a charge of discrimination, or participated in an employment discrimination investigation or lawsuit. The law also requires that employers reasonably accommodate the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or employee, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the operation of the employer's business.

The Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008 (GINA)
      Effective - November 21, 2009.

This law makes it illegal to discriminate against employees or applicants because of genetic information. Genetic information includes information about an individual's genetic tests and the genetic tests of an individual's family members, as well as information about any disease, disorder or condition of an individual's family members (i.e. an individual's family medical history). The law also makes it illegal to retaliate against a person because the person complained about discrimination, filed a charge of discrimination, or participated in an employment discrimination investigation or lawsuit.

And now the latest about everyone's international savior, the UN.

Lawmakers call for defunding UN schools after film shows Palestinian kids praising ISIS

This is what UN funds are being used for?

Defunding UN schools doesn't go half far enough. It is long past time the US told them to go do something painful with themselves, and to move its headquarters, immediately. 12.1 miles due east. By midnight tonight.
      There's a small problem with your source, though. He isn't the most reliable around it seems.
      A previous set of allegations turned out to be false.

However, I do not deny that hatred is very much alive on all sides of the issue.
      Just yesterday I found a friend of mine asking Allah for forgiveness for buying dates which were imported from Israel.

Never the less, I searched for more on the subject of the short documentary and besides Fox News, the remainder of the sources are Israelean in nature.

Response to a differen't allegation made by David Bedien (an American immigrant in Israel since 1970) which turned out to be false:
      Response to the new David Bedein film by UNRWA spokesperson Chris Gunness

Related to the above: UNRWA’s Chris Gunness demolishes anti-Palestinian activist on Fox

Partners for Progressive Israel: UNRWA vs. David Bedein: Neither seem credible (relating to the previous allegations)

Doesn't that pretty much cover everybody besides the Aardvarks?
      The Aardvarks will soon fight for equality too -- they'll want the same equal treatment at the zoo's as all the other animals.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
        only for his beliefs? +_+
        that's an interesting situation & I'm curious as to what people think of it

was it ok to fire the fire () chief for this belief?
        As GF pointed out, there were larger circumstances to his resignation.
        If there hadn't been, then I would have to say that solely on his believes they wouldn't have been able to fire him in the first place.

He can believe whatever he likes as long as he does his job (every part of it, and not say ignore helping an LGBTQ person in need).

Or call the killing of the 49 in Orlando a community service on twitter -- which resulted in the immediate resignation of a Walmart employee.

next what if we alter the parameters slightly: would it be ok to fire the fire chief for this belief, if he were also a muslim?
        See above, religion is protected under the anti-discrimination laws, and should in theory not be a reason for dismissal.

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
        And remember the ruckuss that was raised because Chick-fil-A's CEO expressed the same beliefs? Turns out they gave free food to the people donating blood to the victims of the attack in Orlando.
        A) Chick-Fil-A donated to organizations in favor of keeping marriage far away from the gay people.

So, you could say his track record isn't in his favor...

and

B) like in many countries gay men aren't allowed to donate blood unless they've been in a monogamous relationship for more than a year or haven't had intercourse for more than a year.

B is a sidenote, but handing out free food smells of marketing strategies to me. Also, who hold a certain opposition to inclusion towards LGBTQ-people have in recent days send out their condolences to the victims' families and friends. Yet, the republicans already reverted back to their believes as they stopped an anti-discrimination law which could have protected LGBTQ's from being fired from companies who work for the government because of their sexuality.

On numerous occasions I've stated that I blame both the Democrats & the Republicans.
        That is true.

Here's a link that lists anti-Christian discrimination cases from the ACLU. I picked this list for the very reason that the ACLU is "Liberal." But then again, using Libertarian sources does nothing to combat Annoyed's views. Why on earth to do I feel this would matter in this case...I don't know.
        http://www.aclufightsforchristians.com/
        'Potter' event led to rights violations, ACLU says
        As hilrious as I find it, if she didn't want to work that event because it violates her religious believes than what's the issue -- because she doesn't want to work the event? Which was after hours anyway. Or that she thinks Harry Potter promotes withcraft and wizardry? It's fantasy - magic isn't even real. And witches weren't evil to begin with. But anyhow, she should win that case with her eyes closed, or won as it dates back to 2008.

I took a look at the list but seriously some of those are downright shameful things anyone could do:

Demanding the right to wave signs at a Pride Parade stating "homosexuality is a sin" and "you're going to hell" -- mmm.... guess how I feel about that...
        Demand free speech but be not surprised when someone's says no.

ACLU of Eastern Missouri Challenges Law Banning Pickets and Protests One Hour Before or After a Funeral
        Seriously -- picketing and protesting at a funeral! You should be ashamed if you agree with that.
        Have you no respect at all!!

Relating to Orlando and discrimination in general towards LGBTQ by any and all religion: Have Christians Created a Harmful Atmosphere for Gays?

“Sadly it is religion, including our own,” a Florida bishop wrote after the massacre in a gay club in Orlando, that can “plant the seed of contempt, then hatred, which can ultimately lead to violence” against gays, lesbians and transgender people. One congressman said, “We are not blameless, when we tell government contractors it is O.K. to discriminate against someone because they are gay or lesbian – or tell transgender school children that we will not respect their gender identity.”

But is it fair to say that people share any blame for Saturday night’s attack because they oppose L.G.B.T. equality for religious reasons? And while the media is focused on the role that Muslim anti-gay rhetoric may have played in this slaughter, do conservative Christians need to accept greater civil rights for L.G.B.T people in order to create a less hurtful atmosphere in the United States?

It contains 4 discussions:
        * Waving a Blood-Soaked Rainbow Flag to Scapegoat Christians
        * Restricting Free Expression Is Not the Answer to Terrorism
        * Christians Must Repent for Devaluing L.G.B.T. People
        * Without Full Acceptance by Christians, Gays Are Demeaned and Hurt

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
        However, if all the guy was doing was selling chickens, his faith would never have come up, nor would he have given money to support anti marriage equality bills. When your boss is willing to do that, how do you think that made his gay employee's feel?
        What if he gave money to Trump?
        How do you think that would make his Mexican or Mexican-American employee's feel?
        Welcomed?
        Wanted?
        Valued?
        I would not feel welcome at all, and would probably seek another job.
        But that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          No one is more gullible than you
          Didnt get ma money tho

Its no ones business who anyone sleeps with, or loves, get on with your own lives
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
            Didnt get ma money tho

Its no ones business who anyone sleeps with, or loves, get on with your own lives
            Unless you love an advark
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              I present to you the US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission which enforces the anti-discrimination laws in place

Spoiler:
              Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII)
              This law makes it illegal to discriminate against someone on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, or sex. The law also makes it illegal to retaliate against a person because the person complained about discrimination, filed a charge of discrimination, or participated in an employment discrimination investigation or lawsuit. The law also requires that employers reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' sincerely held religious practices, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the operation of the employer's business.

Note by me: remember how gharkal made the comment sex does not equal gender, so in that regard gender could (and should be) be added to the line to clarify things.

The Pregnancy Discrimination Act
              This law amended Title VII to make it illegal to discriminate against a woman because of pregnancy, childbirth, or a medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth. The law also makes it illegal to retaliate against a person because the person complained about discrimination, filed a charge of discrimination, or participated in an employment discrimination investigation or lawsuit.

The Equal Pay Act of 1963 (EPA)
              This law makes it illegal to pay different wages to men and women if they perform equal work in the same workplace. The law also makes it illegal to retaliate against a person because the person complained about discrimination, filed a charge of discrimination, or participated in an employment discrimination investigation or lawsuit.

The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA)
              This law protects people who are 40 or older from discrimination because of age. The law also makes it illegal to retaliate against a person because the person complained about discrimination, filed a charge of discrimination, or participated in an employment discrimination investigation or lawsuit.

Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA)
              This law makes it illegal to discriminate against a qualified person with a disability in the private sector and in state and local governments. The law also makes it illegal to retaliate against a person because the person complained about discrimination, filed a charge of discrimination, or participated in an employment discrimination investigation or lawsuit. The law also requires that employers reasonably accommodate the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or employee, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the operation of the employer's business.

Sections 102 and 103 of the Civil Rights Act of 1991
              Among other things, this law amends Title VII and the ADA to permit jury trials and compensatory and punitive damage awards in intentional discrimination cases.

Sections 501 and 505 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
              This law makes it illegal to discriminate against a qualified person with a disability in the federal government. The law also makes it illegal to retaliate against a person because the person complained about discrimination, filed a charge of discrimination, or participated in an employment discrimination investigation or lawsuit. The law also requires that employers reasonably accommodate the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or employee, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the operation of the employer's business.

The Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008 (GINA)
              Effective - November 21, 2009.

This law makes it illegal to discriminate against employees or applicants because of genetic information. Genetic information includes information about an individual's genetic tests and the genetic tests of an individual's family members, as well as information about any disease, disorder or condition of an individual's family members (i.e. an individual's family medical history). The law also makes it illegal to retaliate against a person because the person complained about discrimination, filed a charge of discrimination, or participated in an employment discrimination investigation or lawsuit.
              How the hell does sex not equal gender? It is interchangeable with the word sex when used in this syntax. That's kind of my point with this whole "special groups" thing, although I am not referring to LGBT specifically, that just seems to be the group dejour these days. There are already laws on the books specifically covering just about everybody besides the Aardvarks.

Are the laws always enforced? No. ALL of these laws are routinely ignored by presenting false reasons for the person's firing or whatever. If you doubt me, try going on a job hunt in your 50's. Many employers won't touch you, because they know that your medical costs will be higher, you will lose more time from work than younger folks, they will have to pay you higher wages for your experience, you will not be as pliable as the young skulls full of mush and you likely will be retiring within 20 years. All of this happens today, even with the age discrimination protections.

So everyone is treated equally on that score, too. No particular group is immune from it.

There's a small problem with your source, though. He isn't the most reliable around it seems.
              A previous set of allegations turned out to be false.

However, I do not deny that hatred is very much alive on all sides of the issue.
              Just yesterday I found a friend of mine asking Allah for forgiveness for buying dates which were imported from Israel.

Never the less, I searched for more on the subject of the short documentary and besides Fox News, the remainder of the sources are Israelean in nature.

Response to a differen't allegation made by David Bedien (an American immigrant in Israel since 1970) which turned out to be false:

Related to the above: UNRWA’s Chris Gunness demolishes anti-Palestinian activist on Fox

Partners for Progressive Israel: UNRWA vs. David Bedein: Neither seem credible (relating to the previous allegations)
              Oh, yeah, that's credible. A UN website defending the UN's behavior. Your mileage may vary, but I don't believe anything the UN claims. They've destroyed their credibility with me far too thoroughly with their blatant falsehoods on other matters.

The Aardvarks will soon fight for equality too -- they'll want the same equal treatment at the zoo's as all the other animals.
              Never!

Comment

And now from the department of politically correct speech or "thought police"....

Homeland Security report calls for rejecting terms 'jihad,' 'sharia'

A new Department of Homeland Security report urges rejecting use of Islamic terms such as “jihad” and “sharia” in programs aimed at countering terrorist radicalization among American youth.

The Homeland Security Advisory Council report recommends that the department focus on American milliennials by allocating up to $100 million in new funding. It also urges greater private sector cooperation, including with Muslim communities, to counter what is described as a “new generation of threats to the Homeland related to the threat of violent extremism.”

The funds would be used for hiring experts and new social media programs and technology to influence young people not to join terror groups.
                So, they want to stop calling a horse a horse because the term is offensive to the horse?
                And of course, they want more money.

Comment

Too late. Your friend's got Jewish dates in them, and their days are numbered.

In other news, you have a racist friend. I'm struggling to find it surprising.

Funny, it doesn't actually prove Bedein false. Gunness is simply trying to drown out the uncovered facts by the sheer volume of claims that UNRWA is completely innocent and does nothing but good. And anyone who is seen supporting Hamas gets immediately fired (except the Hamas had won the UNRWA labor union elections, and lots of UNRWA teachers were exposed as Hamas members or worse. A while ago, a pro-Israel blogger simply went from one UNRWA teacher's Facebook profile to another and found dozens and dozens of example of vile anti-Semitism, endorsement of terrorist attack and proud photos of the teachers passing all that on to the students. UNRWA was actually forced to issue something of an admission of it after it was brought up by reporters questioning the UN Secretary General spokesman (long document, do a Ctrl+F search on the phrase "in a number of cases").

It's actually very easy to confirm that UNRWA schools breed hate. You just need to Google it. And have a strong stomach.
                  If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Just as an aside on the UN schools thing, I'm not advocating one side or the other, aside from knowing that ISIS is evil; I don't pay enough attention to the middle east to have an informed opinion on the matter. I'm just saying that the U.N. is way over the line teaching kids to practice violence regardless of whose side it is.

Comment

there were larger circumstances to his resignation.
                      See above, religion is protected under the anti-discrimination laws, and should in theory not be a reason for dismissal.
                      alrite so what if he were muslim and he'd distributed copies of the quran instead?

Comment

How the hell does sex not equal gender?
                        Ask garkhal - he thinks it's not the same.

Oh, yeah, that's credible. A UN website defending the UN's behavior. Your mileage may vary, but I don't believe anything the UN claims. They've destroyed their credibility with me far too thoroughly with their blatant falsehoods on other matters.
                        Did you even look at the other sites which aren't anything UN-related?

alrite so what if he were muslim and he'd distributed copies of the quran instead?
                        Well, for starters he didn't write that book himself.

Try it like this: what if he was Muslim and he wrote a book like the one that the chief wrote?
                        Situation would be the same.

So, they want to stop calling a horse a horse because the term is offensive to the horse?
                        And of course, they want more money.
                        They always want more money - keeping the country safe.

Jihad doesn't mean what they think it means, and sharia refers to the law so I don't see the problem.

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                        Too late. Your friend's got Jewish dates in them, and their days are numbered.
                        LOL!! Not going to tell her that -- she's annoyed enough as is since the company we work for screwed her over with her maternity leave, and she hasn't even given birth yet. Counting down the days though...

In other news, you have a racist friend. I'm struggling to find it surprising.
                        As much a racist as you are one, except that she stands with the Palestinians and you're on the Jewish side.

Not so much a racist as very opinionated. It's like talking to you about the conflict between the territories and Israel, but instead of you I get her.

*thinks*

Yup, pretty much the same.

And oh, I don't agree with her on everything either... cause you were probably thinking that right about now.

I checked my pistachios - thought they were Israelean. They weren't, imported from Iran instead.

Funny, it doesn't actually prove Bedein false.
                        Hence the link to the Progressive Israel site -- personally found them to get it the best.

How does Israel teach on the Palestinian matter in their schools? How are Jewish children taught?

I assume they aren't going to tell any cameras that they will kill the Arab?
                        Until they come of each and go to the army, that is.

Comment

Well, for starters he didn't write that book himself.

Try it like this: what if he was Muslim and he wrote a book like the one that the chief wrote?
                          so in other words the problem's only the messenger not the message?

Comment

Read the link YOU posted Tood!!
                            Know what, let me do it for you.

Didn't have to go very far at all.
                            Not to all of his subordinates though. Just those he had a personal relationship with. But that wasn't the cause given for his suspension. The mayor specifically made it about his views on homosexuality, not because of a first amendment violation. That particular justification only came about after the mayor faced a backlash. That's what I am hung over...especially considering that it was only 1 comment about homosexuality...not even focused on homosexuality at that.

Then go to a pub, a park, each others homes, ANYWHERE but the work place.

If he got busted distributing it to his subordinates, SOMEONE did not welcome it, otherwise we would not know about it.
                            That's an opinion here. As long as the conversation is welcomed, not during company time or at company expense, there is no legitimate reason to deny it. Passing books to people you have a personal relationship to, it only seems to get grey when it deals with Islam or Christianity. But if he passed out his Buddhist manifesto, I doubt we would have heard anything at all.

I'm sorry Tood, you can tout "Hate the sin, not the sinner" all you want, but when someone continually breaks what you consider to be sacred law, it WILL affect your opinion, and treatment of them, unless you are a saint.
                            Are you a saint?
                            Then I definitely treat just about everyone in a biased manner...considering that I believe that drinking alcohol is a sin. Dances are also a no no. Not going to church regularly, that's a sin too, and I don't mean just on Sundays. Failing to say grace before eating...I pretty much would treat everyone as less than human. Do you think an Atheist will treat a theist in much the same manner then?

I am not talking about YOU Tood.
                            You, you are like the Benedictine Brothers I hung out with as a teenager sometimes. You have your beliefs, you are comfortable in your beliefs, and you are happy to discuss them if asked, or it's warrented, but just like them, if it's not warrented, or not asked for, we could just have a chat about gardening.
                            Right, it's the context of those beliefs and their specifics. Everyone is a sinner in one way or another. To me, it would be ridiculous to simply treat gay people (who are sexually active that is) differently than any other variety of sinner that commits a "victim-less sin."

As to your question above, no, I am no saint. Salvation may need work, but ultimately it is by faith that those works matter. Otherwise they would be invalidated by sin itself. As to if I am biased, there are plenty of things that would make us all bias at any given group of people. That is, unless you feel yourself free of any bias.

However, if all the guy was doing was selling chickens, his faith would never have come up, nor would he have given money to support anti marriage equality bills. When your boss is willing to do that, how do you think that made his gay employee's feel?
                            What if he gave money to Trump?
                            How do you think that would make his Mexican or Mexican-American employee's feel?
                            Welcomed?
                            Wanted?
                            Valued?
                            Here's a problem. Yes, it would be cathartic if that person was "fired' or whatever. But what's the point? It was cathartic that NBC pulled out of his beauty pageant, but what's the point?

I don't want to live in a country where I have to be fearful of what I think lest it slips out infront of the wrong person. That fox sports lady who said "I didn't know [Mexicans] were that smart" is a perfect example.

She realized what she said and tried to backtrack only making it worse because everything she said came out wrong betraying the biases she held. The response, fire her. I would have much rather she agree to a publicized talk with some people that would aim to help dispel those stereotypes. To educate her, she obviously realized what she said was wrong. Why not use her and that moment to teach why it was wrong and how that thinking is false. To teach people about Mexican nobel prize winners, doctors, scientists, actors, lawyers, judges and so on. It is a missed opportunity thanks to the thought police.

Thanks to the thought police she is now a "martyr" to everyone who cries "politically correct" when someone is criticized for saying racist things.

As to how I would feel working under a trump supporter...not comfortable. But I already feel uncomfortable working for my principal because she's...not the most um....let's just say she has room for improvement as an administrator. It would be carthartic to get him removed (your hypothetical guy), but what's the point? If I am not being discriminated, I'd rather go the route of education. You can't end racism by shooting it or shouting at it.
                            By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

Not to all of his subordinates though. Just those he had a personal relationship with. But that wasn't the cause given for his suspension. The mayor specifically made it about his views on homosexuality, not because of a first amendment violation. That particular justification only came about after the mayor faced a backlash. That's what I am hung over...especially considering that it was only 1 comment about homosexuality...not even focused on homosexuality at that.
                              What is his justification for thinking the way he does?

That's an opinion here. As long as the conversation is welcomed, not during company time or at company expense, there is no legitimate reason to deny it. Passing books to people you have a personal relationship to, it only seems to get grey when it deals with Islam or Christianity. But if he passed out his Buddhist manifesto, I doubt we would have heard anything at all.
                              I doubt a Buddhist manifesto would be calling anyone sinners, or equating them to animals either.
                              Wiggle all you want Tood, but it is a simple fact that Christianity, Islam and Judaism all contain Theological law calling for the death of Homosexuals. Now, just because those theological laws may not be -enforced-, does not mean that they suddenly vanished from the holy books.
                              Then I definitely treat just about everyone in a biased manner...considering that I believe that drinking alcohol is a sin. Dances are also a no no. Not going to church regularly, that's a sin too, and I don't mean just on Sundays. Failing to say grace before eating...I pretty much would treat everyone as less than human. Do you think an Atheist will treat a theist in much the same manner then?
                              Do you treat everyone else in a biased manner?
                              Do you consider yourself "better" than those sinning?
                              As for Atheists, I am damn sure that the "rabid Atheists" look down and consider themselves better than theists.

Right, it's the context of those beliefs and their specifics. Everyone is a sinner in one way or another. To me, it would be ridiculous to simply treat gay people (who are sexually active that is) differently than any other variety of sinner that commits a "victim-less sin."
                              The issue is, not all sins call for the death penalty. You look around at the most hotly contested issues between religions and the law, and what you will find is those sins that call for death are front and centre.
                              As to your question above, no, I am no saint. Salvation may need work, but ultimately it is by faith that those works matter. Otherwise they would be invalidated by sin itself. As to if I am biased, there are plenty of things that would make us all bias at any given group of people. That is, unless you feel yourself free of any bias.
                              Oh, I am certainly not unbiased, a brief stroll through my posts would prove that. My biases however are built on observation however, not any religious dogma.
                              Here's a problem. Yes, it would be cathartic if that person was "fired' or whatever. But what's the point? It was cathartic that NBC pulled out of his beauty pageant, but what's the point?
                              Why do you not commit what you view as sins when you can help it?
                              What is the point?
                              I don't want to live in a country where I have to be fearful of what I think lest it slips out infront of the wrong person. That fox sports lady who said "I didn't know [Mexicans] were that smart" is a perfect example.

She realized what she said and tried to backtrack only making it worse because everything she said came out wrong betraying the biases she held. The response, fire her. I would have much rather she agree to a publicized talk with some people that would aim to help dispel those stereotypes. To educate her, she obviously realized what she said was wrong. Why not use her and that moment to teach why it was wrong and how that thinking is false. To teach people about Mexican nobel prize winners, doctors, scientists, actors, lawyers, judges and so on. It is a missed opportunity thanks to the thought police.
                              Can you force education?
                              You can give them all the facts you want, but if the person does not want to accept them, it's just a pointless charade to help the aggrieved party feel better.
                              Education is -always- superior to punishment, I agree with you there Tood, but education will not always work, or even produce the desired result.

Thanks to the thought police she is now a "martyr" to everyone who cries "politically correct" when someone is criticized for saying racist things.
                              Is criticising racism wrong?
                              As to how I would feel working under a trump supporter...not comfortable. But I already feel uncomfortable working for my principal because she's...not the most um....let's just say she has room for improvement as an administrator. It would be carthartic to get him removed (your hypothetical guy), but what's the point? If I am not being discriminated, I'd rather go the route of education. You can't end racism by shooting it or shouting at it.
                              Again, education is superior, but if you are prepared to stand by and let it happen because it is not affecting "you", what is the point?
                              Mexicans won't change the minds of those racist towards Mexicans.
                              Blacks won't change the minds of those racist towards Blacks.
                              Women will not change the minds of those sexist towards women.
                              Gays will not change the minds of those condemning of Gays.

It's those who have no stake in the issue, those who are unaffected by such concerns as being the victim that must speak out and educate those who are racist, or sexist, or condemning because the oppressor will simply not listen to those they oppress.
                              sigpic
                              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

LOL!! Not going to tell her that -- she's annoyed enough as is since the company we work for screwed her over with her maternity leave, and she hasn't even given birth yet. Counting down the days though...
                                Tell her, don't tell her - eating Jewish dates does not go harmlessly. She has some Jewish labor in her now, and she will never live it down.

As much a racist as you are one, except that she stands with the Palestinians and you're on the Jewish side.
                                That's nonsense.

But mark my words, racism will come out of your friend eventually. Watch her Facebook.

And oh, I don't agree with her on everything either... cause you were probably thinking that right about now.
                                I checked my pistachios - thought they were Israelean. They weren't, imported from Iran instead.
                                So are ours. But don't tell anybody unless you want 80 million racists to get a heart attack.

How does Israel teach on the Palestinian matter in their schools? How are Jewish children taught?
                                Jewish children are not taught that killing is a virtue. Their schools and soccer teams are not named after people whose lifetime achievement was taking a busload of hostages and killing as many as they could. They are taught coexistence, and they do not have ideology injected into their math and science classes the way the Palestinian schoolbooks do.

And the Israeli TV children's programs do not feature Mickey Mouse clones and bees and other costumed characters who at the end of the season, one by one, get killed off by the evil Other.

I assume they aren't going to tell any cameras that they will kill the Arab?
                                Until they come of each and go to the army, that is.
                                In the army, you serve with Arabs. You don't kill "Arabs". You defend the people of your country against those who want to harm them.
                                If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Working...
                                X