X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those saying "Christanity is not being dissed'.. Check this out

http://www.allenbwest.com/allen/hypo...his-sikh-fella

Black female marine had a bible quote as her screen saver gets BCD cause she wouldn't remove it, and was NOT protected by the religious accommodation laws. BUT cause of those laws a Sihk can have his turban and beard in ROTC??
    What a stinking double standard...

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      Yea reading it after the fact, i could have been a little clearer..
      Indeed

How's about catering to an insanity in stead of doing what was always done in the past. TREAT IT!
      So, they are insane are they?
      What is your recommended treatment plan Dr Phil?
      And just cause i might not be "threatened" by getting stared at, doesn't mean i want females just waltzing in on me in the locker rooms, bath rooms etc.. well unless we just got done making out and its in my own home!
      So, as long as you are comfortable with it?

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make with those two G man.
      Banning burkas in public no. Telling workers "Sorry your faith doesn't entitle you to MORE breaks than we give others" yes..
      Ahh, so it's a matter of breaks then.
      Can I not employ someone because they don't want to work Sundays and insist on a rest day?
      How about any other stricture placed by a religion that could "affect work hours"?
      What if we gave the same "religious time" to everyone, but they were free to use it as they wanted?

Since it is ONLY mental and not a physical/DNA issue, how are they NOT wrong.. Until (and unless) they can prove they are 'the wrong sex' beyond a reasonable doubt, they should stick with their Birth sex.
      Who's "reasonable doubt"?

Just like i can't just start saying "I self identify as black, now let me into the NAACP"
      I actually believe that has been done
      , they shouldn't be saying "There there, you self identify as female, so we will treat you as female, even though you are biologically and via DNA male.
      Why?

If they didn't have intent, they wouldn't be flopping over into others's space.
      That's not intent.

Well lets see.
      If your religious (well christian/catholic) you can't pray incase it might offend someone, but we don't care if muslims do it.
      You seem to a little further up.
      If you are straight, or feel marriages is male-female, we will call you bigoted and hatefilled unless you change and cater to/accept OUR idea that anyone can marry anyone else.
      How does that affect -you-?
      How does Ben and Bob, or Jenny and Jane getting married affect anyone but Ben and Bob, or Jenny and Jane?
      "The slippery slope" of people marrying animals? Ludicrous because -someone- will speak for the animal and say that X animal cannot give consent, therefore it's not on.
      If you are Conservative, you will be damned if you are going to speak at this or that school, but if you are liberal you are more than welcome to come...
      Yeah, Don't see too many liberals invited to speak at "conservative" places either, but hey, let's not let facts get in the way of a good story eh?
      I'm sure Bill Maher's inbox is just stuffed full of invitations to go to conservative functions.............
      I agree. Both sides (all) are a-holes. BUT my comment was in response to Artoo's comment about they are usually decent... Not from my experience.
      Try that experiment I suggested earlier, and get back to me.

Yes. If you have a penis, you use the mens. If a vagina, use the females..
      A stall with a closed door is the same in any bathroom, In fact, the only real differences between the mens room and the ladies room is that we have urinals, and they have tampon bins.
      Oh, and the smell generally.

So telling a very small minority they need to use the 'wrong' restroom (to them) is wrong, but telling the vast majority "you need to put up with the wrong sex being in your restrooms, cause they 'feel like they are wrong' is ok>??
      See Captain Picard's speech to Admiral Dowarty in ST: Insurrection about the Baku.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
        Indeed
        Oi.. Don't go all "teal'c" on me!

What else would you consider it? Its not Biological. Not physiological. Not Chemical (well to our knowledge currently).. SO that leaves mental. And mental issues are usually seen as insanities..

So, as long as you are comfortable with it?

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make with those two G man.
        I was trying to be sarcastic somewhat. In Public i would not want it. BUT in privacy of my home, its all good. BUT that's the kicker, its IN the privacy of my home.

Can I not employ someone because they don't want to work Sundays and insist on a rest day?
        Go for it. Just like we see firms not hiring someone cause "they are too old".. Even though agism is supposedly a protected group, i don't see ANY evidence its ever enforced.
        Its like say if i had a shipping company of meat products, and someone said "I won't work unless you only put me on the Non pork routes'. Sorry bub then you don't work..

What if we gave the same "religious time" to everyone, but they were free to use it as they wanted?
        IF.. Then i would have no issue, since everyone would be on the same page (so to speak)... But the thing as i see, is we are NOT putting everyone on the same page. Case and point. San Martin back in 2007

http://www.americanthinker.com/artic...e_prairie.html

A Baptist church was denied a permit and even told "Don't bother, you won't pass the 'soil-percolation' levels. BUT later did unanimously approve a mosques right to do the same thing.. Have a cemetery...
        So one religion OK'ed to do so, while another NOT..

Who's "reasonable doubt"?
        Most sane people... IE get more than just one or two studies showing "Transgenderism is not just a mental condition but something physical, linked to DNA, physiological, chemical etc.."

I actually believe that has been done
        And what happened to her when it was found out? Oh yea, she got booted and lambasted for what she did.

Yeah, Don't see too many liberals invited to speak at "conservative" places either, but hey, let's not let facts get in the way of a good story eh?
        With how few conservative places there are even left, its not an equal comparison.

I also see you didn't comment on that article i linked.. About the Sihk being allowed his hair/turban/beard cause its "Protected by religious freedom", but the black marine being booted out for having a bible quote as her screen saver, which Didn't get protections under the same religious freedom laws.

Comment

I dont know if i read garkals posts right, but is he worried that people 'claiming' to be the opposite sex will use that to just wander into the opposite toilets, like a man saying he identifies with being female, when hes not, wandering into the ladies and visa versa?
          sigpic

Comment

Here's a fun challenge. How do you define the profound difference between a man who believes himself to be a woman and a man who believes himself to be a giraffe? (Because once we've done away with biology-based identification, why stop at gender? Why not species?).

Your company's productivity would depend unreasonably on demographics. You could find yourself short-staffed or closed on your company's busiest days or open when business activity is limited or cannot be conducted.

As a consequence, your hiring practices would necessarily require profiling by religion, putting you at odds with non-discrimination laws. Or you could nobly go broke.

How does that affect -you-?
            How does Ben and Bob, or Jenny and Jane getting married affect anyone but Ben and Bob, or Jenny and Jane?
            "The slippery slope" of people marrying animals? Ludicrous because -someone- will speak for the animal and say that X animal cannot give consent, therefore it's not on.
            Someone speaking for the animal can just as well claim consent on the animal's behalf. Plenty of activists out there pontificate endlessly on what is or isn't good for the animals. And if the animal appears to enjoy companionship with a human up to and including mating, who does it affect except that person and that animal?

That slope is far more slippery than you realize.

A stall with a closed door is the same in any bathroom, In fact, the only real differences between the mens room and the ladies room is that we have urinals, and they have tampon bins.
            Oh, and the smell generally.
            At the risk of pointing out the obvious, bathrooms serve an anatomical, not a social, function. They do not exist to express or validate someone's gender but to provide privacy for tasks requiring handling one's anatomical sex properties. Regardless of the amount of pseudo-sophisticated nonsense you've recently heard, bathrooms are not GENDER segregated, they are SEX segregated.

Case in point: a female actress playing a boy onstage who goes to the toilet in her onstage clothes and make-up will use a female bathroom even though her outward gender expression at the time is male.

On a related note, once they're done gender-desegregating toilet, I hope bra-fitting areas are next.
            If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

If I made you, and you are the serpent, does that make me GOD??

You are great and powerful!

How's about catering to an insanity in stead of doing what was always done in the past. TREAT IT!
              Excuse me?!?

That's how you think about transgenders -- it's all in their head. They are mentally ill...

My goddess... you're one of those.

For the record: being transgender is NOT a mental disorder.
              If you believe that nonsense, you're an idiot.

I can't explain what goes on in my head all the time, but I do know for a fact I'm not 100% female up there. Nor am I 100% male. I don't even know what that is, "being 100% female or male -- ccis-gendered as they named it" -- what's that supposed to feel like?

Please, tell me how you, as a cis-gendered male, feel up there. What makes you male? If it's only your male parts then I guess you don't get it either.

And just cause i might not be "threatened" by getting stared at, doesn't mean i want females just waltzing in on me in the locker rooms, bath rooms etc..
              They won't -- they use the ladies room. But that's exactly what will happen when a male-to-female transgender has to use those locker rooms because the law says so.

Since it is ONLY mental and not a physical/DNA issue, how are they NOT wrong...
              You sad little man...

Until (and unless) they can prove they are 'the wrong sex' beyond a reasonable doubt, they should stick with their Birth sex.
              I want you to proof to me that you are indeed male, beyond a reasonable doubt.

For those saying "Christanity is not being dissed'.. Check this out

http://www.allenbwest.com/allen/hypo...his-sikh-fella

Black female marine had a bible quote as her screen saver gets BCD cause she wouldn't remove it, and was NOT protected by the religious accommodation laws. BUT cause of those laws a Sihk can have his turban and beard in ROTC??
              What a stinking double standard...
              A) Allen B West -- not the best reliable, source but okay
              B) You should have tried finding other articles about the subject of the marine, in which case you would have learned she altered the verse somewhat and that she was sharing her desktop with other marines. The quote was seen as not within the regulations of "good order and discipline".

The original article from FOX News --> Marine court-martialed for refusing to remove Bible verse

Originally posted by pookey View Post
              I dont know if i read garkals posts right, but is he worried that people 'claiming' to be the opposite sex will use that to just wander into the opposite toilets, like a man saying he identifies with being female, when hes not, wandering into the ladies and visa versa?
              That's exactly what he's worried about.
              He wants to protect the women and children -- the same women whose rights he takes away in the blink of an eye when it pertains to their bodies.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I was like when discussing men who identify as female coming into our toilets, then i thought, who cares, they are toilets with doors, and to be honest i would probably not give someone a second glance in female clothes, meaning, if they are dressed as female i would never know any different, unless i stared, which tbh, we dont tend to do, its pee, wash and go
                sigpic

Comment

Some trans are very, very pretty. Just saying. Would I date one, not sure.
                  Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

... its pee, wash and go
                    Unless there's a line, then there's also hopping involved...

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                      Here's a fun challenge. How do you define the profound difference between a man who believes himself to be a woman and a man who believes himself to be a giraffe? (Because once we've done away with biology-based identification, why stop at gender? Why not species?).
                      Biology, not race.
                      Your company's productivity would depend unreasonably on demographics. You could find yourself short-staffed or closed on your company's busiest days or open when business activity is limited or cannot be conducted.
                      crap
                      As a consequence, your hiring practices would necessarily require profiling by religion, putting you at odds with non-discrimination laws. Or you could nobly go broke.
                      You are advocating profiling based on religion?

Someone speaking for the animal can just as well claim consent on the animal's behalf.
                      If your advocate is claiming that they can give consent via proxy, they are a pretty bad advocate.
                      Plenty of activists out there pontificate endlessly on what is or isn't good for the animals. And if the animal appears to enjoy companionship with a human up to and including mating, who does it affect except that person and that animal?
                      tell me how many would adopt that position.

That slope is far more slippery than you realize.
                      Only in your mind.

At the risk of pointing out the obvious, bathrooms serve an anatomical, not a social, function. They do not exist to express or validate someone's gender but to provide privacy for tasks requiring handling one's anatomical sex properties.
                      Really???
                      Thanks captain.
                      I'm not the one advocating that they serve any function but that.

Regardless of the amount of pseudo-sophisticated nonsense you've recently heard, bathrooms are not GENDER segregated, they are SEX segregated.
                      Define the difference between sex and gender, think about it a bit, and get back to me, ok.
                      Case in point: a female actress playing a boy onstage who goes to the toilet in her onstage clothes and make-up will use a female bathroom even though her outward gender expression at the time is male.
                      And?
                      Does putting on clothes change your gender?
                      It could change peoples perception of your gender, but not what you are.
                      Or does R.D. Jr use the "superhero" bathroom in your world as well?
                      On a related note, once they're done gender-desegregating toilet, I hope bra-fitting areas are next.
                      You know that is just the change room, right?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

You are great and powerful!

I am Oz!!
                        The great and powerful!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Unless there's a line, then there's also hopping involved...
                          true, or we can nip into the mens
                          sigpic

Comment

HOW DARE YOU POLLUTE MY SACRED SPACE WITH YOUR POFANE WOMANHOOD!!

hang on,
                            Bewbs......................

Feel free to come on in
                            sigpic

Comment

sexist
                              sigpic

Comment

I always wonder what women do besides peeing that takes so long -- damn it!

Comment

Working...
                                X