This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post

In that case we can move straight onto step 2. Shaking the cane.

You have to get a good grip on the cane. You don't want it flying out of your hand. You'll look like a cane-shaking noob! Get a good grip around the handle (if it's curved) with the length of the cane pointing outwards, this will maximise the effect of the shake, extend you range, and make you look bigger.

You could also grip around the neck of the cane. This is visually less impressive than the handle grip as there is less cane to extend outwards. But it's a stronger grip, the cane is more balanced. It's good for getting a powerful shake, you'll look like you can use the cane to do some damage, and you can!
    Personally, I like using the handle in a golfing kind of way, or a sheppard's crook around the necks of uppity youngsters
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
      If anyone is at "fault", it is the airline for trying to make cattle class literal.
      Agreed on this point. So if any airline tycoons out there are reading this...My money will go to those of you who will offer more adequate accommodations for a fair/competitive price.
      By Nolamom
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
        Agreed on this point. So if any airline tycoons out there are reading this...My money will go to those of you who will offer more adequate accommodations for a fair/competitive price.
        Can't we just skip that and go to the invention of the transporter?
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Can't we just skip that and go to the invention of the transporter?

Well scientists have transported two photons in a lab does that count?
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

You are the one with the problem, it's on you to fix it.
            Why should anyone else pay for you?
            That's your mantra isn't it?
            If someone else can't fit in cause they are too large, how is it NOT his problem and its Annoyed (or mine or someone else's problem)??

Strangely enough, most of them are examples of intolerance, and quite frankly, you don't have much right to complain about intolerance when you are complaining about the "right" to be intolerant.
            So my not Wanting to have to see LGBTQs walk into just any restroom 'cause they feel like it' is me being intolerant??

What right have you lost? The right to point and laugh?
            How's about the right to practice my religion wherever i am, vice just 'keeping it to being in my house or my church', so we don't offend them LGBTQs?? Or the right to not have the wrong sex invade my privacy when i am in a restroom. Or the right to not have my personal space invaded cause someones fat enough to occupy 2 spaces so he flops over HIS into mine??

That's the point of my scenario. A full airplane, and a situation where someone has to stay behind. No matter who you pick, the choice is wrong. You can't please everyone and you don't know everyone's story. You can only be a decent human being and try to accommodate each other as much as is reasonable and suffer each other. It's part of being a grown up.
            And that's the kicker isn't it. Accomodation. Something i see less and less from the left each day..

With the limited exceptions of your every day jerks, I am sure that a person who is that overweight is not overjoyed with the prospect of getting into people's space. A decent person would simply suffer it, just as that overweight person will suffer the embarrassment of being an inconvenience. I wouldn't like it, but I know they wouldn't like it either.
            I am not. I have seen plenty of 'larger folk' willfully tossing around their weight in a 'bully sense'.. Such as the times i have seen fat people RUN to the 'one last' scooter just after they see an actual disabled person, (or in one case in a walmart, actually PUSHING over that old person with a cane) just so THEY could get use of it...

The best the airline can do is try to find a feasible solution for everyone. It takes a certain kind of person to see everything through the eyes of Right vs Left politics.
            [/quote]

Agreed. Try to do the best for ALL.. Or the most you can.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              If someone else can't fit in cause they are too large, how is it NOT his problem and its Annoyed (or mine or someone else's problem)??
              He can, he can buy "2 seats" or go to business class.
              Why is his problem their problem, he is the one with the problem obviously.

So my not Wanting to have to see LGBTQs walk into just any restroom 'cause they feel like it' is me being intolerant??
              What are you worried about?
              That they will "check you out"?
              Again, do you spend much time trying to hook up in the public toilet?
              If not WTF do you think that they want to?
              If they are biologically male, but sexually identify as female, they would -RATHER- be in the men's room to perve, the very room you want to keep them in

To go further, if you -agree- with the stupid rules that places like NC want to enforce, you are asking people to keep their birth certificate as "sexual identification"
              Your demanding "papers please" to hang a slash, and yeah, at that point, I think it pretty bloody reasonable to point out other places that want "papers please" before you go to the "shower"
              (yeah, sorry, I went the godwin path, there is nothing else for it.)
              How's about the right to practice my religion wherever i am, vice just 'keeping it to being in my house or my church', so we don't offend them LGBTQs??
              Do you believe you should ban burqua's in public?
              Giving Muslim Co-workers time to pray at work?
              Or the right to not have the wrong sex invade my privacy when i am in a restroom.
              They are -not- the wrong sex. if you are that worried about people checking you out, it's probably not gonna be the Transgender person doing the checking out, it's more likely to be a gay/lesbian to do that (but again, checking people out in the bathroom?)
              Would you check out the women in the bathroom if you were in a unisex bathroom?
              Or the right to not have my personal space invaded cause someones fat enough to occupy 2 spaces so he flops over HIS into mine??
              Do they have intent, or does intent not matter?

And that's the kicker isn't it. Accomodation. Something i see less and less from the left each day..
              What do you want them to accommodate?
              Tell me, what is it that the "left" is so intolerant about?

I am not. I have seen plenty of 'larger folk' willfully tossing around their weight in a 'bully sense'.. Such as the times i have seen fat people RUN to the 'one last' scooter just after they see an actual disabled person, (or in one case in a walmart, actually PUSHING over that old person with a cane) just so THEY could get use of it...
              People of all races, creeds and gender can be A-holes.
              I've seen "plenty of able bodied people" park in the disabled section, I've seen single people close the doors on elevators so the disabled, or the "fatty" or the parent with kids can't get on the lift with them.
              Both "sides" involved are A-holes!!
              Go to the shops, a Mall or whatever you folks call them and consciously -count- the amount of times you see discrimination from "regular people" against "irregular people", I would lay good odds that the amount you count by "regular people" in the carpark alone will outnumber the reverse for the whole day.
              sigpic

Comment

So what you're saying is you want restrooms for straight, cis-gendered (that is the people who identify as, and are living in the gender they were born with) folks only?

You must spend a lot of time hanging around in public restrooms for this to be such a serious issue for you. Not that it's my place to judge how you live your life..

How are you going to pay for all these guards to keep the "wrong people" out? Do you want them to check the contents of everyone's pants before they're allowed in? Is that an invasion of privacy you're comfortable with? Or something you see as necessary to stop those evil gay folks seeing your junk?

If you go down the "birth certificate" route.. You will be forcing people to use the wrong restrooms. Trans women don't want to be using the men's room. Trans men don't want to be in the women's room.

And again. No transgender person has ever assaulted/abused/attacked anyone in a public restroom. Ever. But angry straight/cis folk like yourself have killed trans people simply for existing. You are a greater threat to them. The plan to use birth certificates to identify gender will force them into the wrong restrooms where they will be attacked or killed for being in the wrong restrooms. It will have exactly the opposite effect of what you're trying to achieve. And only serve to put more lives in danger.

But not yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                  What about the fatty respecting me by not intruding into my space?
                  Seems respect is only for members of some "aggrieved group" these days.
                  It seems we are being told to respect THEIR rights but no one seems to give one rats behind about our rights.
                  To the both of you, a lesson to remember: Respect is earned, not given.

Or this...

That doesn't mean you should throw common courtesy and decency to others out the window

FH, I need as much Belgium chocolate as possible
                  That can be arranged.

First you need to get a cane.. Then you need to learn how to shake it! Lawns are optional, but recommended

The lesson in cane waving has me in stitches.

Just goes to show that, like many others, you haven't the foggiest what it means to be transgender.

And it gets worse, as far as those bills go:

Target Steps Out in Front of Bathroom Choice Debate

On Tuesday, the City Council in Oxford, Ala., passed an ordinance forbidding people to use a bathroom that does not match the gender assigned to them at birth. Target has a store in the city.

[...]

The ordinance in Oxford would make it a misdemeanor for people to use bathrooms that do not correspond to the gender on their birth certificates. Target’s liability in such a situation is unclear.
                  I say, you're well on your way to seggregation. Congratulations!
                  It's astounding that you dare to complain about violations of human rights by IS or other groups but you can't see that you're doing exactly the same. When will you start throwing them off buildings?
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

He can, he can buy "2 seats" or go to business class.
                    Why is his problem their problem, he is the one with the problem obviously.
                    Assuming that you are saying that the fatty can buy 2 seats, or buy business class, you are right.

If someone can't fit into their seat, why does it become my problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      To the both of you, a lesson to remember: Respect is earned, not given.
                      And how exactly have the various "aggrieved groups" earned the respect you want to accord them? By simply being part of a group?

Comment

Assuming that you are saying that the fatty can buy 2 seats, or buy business class, you are right.

Because you've decided to make it your problem. You're the one who brought it up. You're the one who won't let it go.

No rights have been violated here. Everyone paid for a seat. Everyone is sitting in a seat. The fact that the seats are too small for some people affects them far more than it does you. But for some reason you think your right to not be next to an overweight person is more important than their right to be comfortable. Or to sit in the seat that they paid for.

Comment

Well, they are prepared to live with the inconvenice of sitting in a seat that is too small because the airlines want to pack you in like cattle.
                          (try sitting on a kindergarten seat as an adult, see how comfortable it is).
                          Why are you "special"?
                          You paid the same price as them, and they are uncomfortable, why is your discomfort "more important"?

Walk a mile in anothers shoe's?
                          You are complaining after a few steps.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

I say, you're well on your way to seggregation. Congratulations!
                            It's astounding that you dare to complain about violations of human rights by IS or other groups but you can't see that you're doing exactly the same. When will you start throwing them off buildings?
                            It is the American way. It always has been.

They condemned Germany for the Concentration Camps where millions of "undesirables" Jews, Gypsies, LGBT and disabled people were put to death, while at the same time gathering Japanese Americans into concentration camps back home just for looking like a current enemy.

The native folks were exterminated. Massacred. And the survivors forced to live on reservations with limited rights and resources.

Then slavery! Still feeling the after effects of that one. And many of the descendants live in poverty. They are treated as second class citizens, routinely discriminated against and shot by the police for the colour of their skin.

And now LGBT folks. It's not a new thing, In the 1950s and 60s you could go to prison for being gay, or associating with a gay person. The Lavender Scare. People like to pretend it didn't happen. But it did. In the same way the Americans feared communists as if they were an invasive species that threatened to exterminate the population..

What we're seeing now with the "Religious Freedom" right to discriminate is a re-emergence of something that never really went away.

Two steps forwards, one giant leap back.
                            Last edited by Pharaoh Hamenthotep; 28 April 2016, 03:06 AM.

Comment

Well, they are prepared to live with the inconvenice of sitting in a seat that is too small because the airlines want to pack you in like cattle.
                              (try sitting on a kindergarten seat as an adult, see how comfortable it is).
                              Why are you "special"?
                              You paid the same price as them, and they are uncomfortable, why is your discomfort "more important"?

Walk a mile in anothers shoe's?
                              You are complaining after a few steps.
                              Because I am not the cause of the discomfort. The fat person is.

Comment

Because I am not the cause of the discomfort. The fat person is.
                                No, it is the airlines fault, but it is just easier for you to blame those who are not like you rather than bothering to look any deeper.
                                Narcissus could take lessons.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X