X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    Just who is minding the store?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015.../?intcmp=hpbt1

I remember reading about this part of that treaty when it was in the news a month or two ago.

And our lawmakers are just noticing it now?
    Hang on.
    The "liberal media" is ebil and not to be trusted, but Fox news is?
    Confirmation Bias much?
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Jared Fogle
      Total syffy posts: 36,690
      (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
      Matthew 5:9

Comment

I'm not shocked nor surprised about it...I don't know why though.
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

Because its been in the news for 2 days
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

But why did he do it? I just don't understand that part of it. But then there's a lot of things I don't understand in life.
            Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
            (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              I've shouted GIRL POWER!! Does that count too?
              Yup!

Practice all you like - just don't discriminate.

If you don't like catering to the blind, the deaf, the gay, the white, the black, the chinese, the men, the women... then don't come whining when your business goes down the drain.
              If (since i am agnostic it doesn't apply to me) i was highly religious and part of practicing my religion was to not serve gays, how CAN i then practice it but NOT be discriminatory?
              And prior to recently, one's sexual persuasion (Gay and so on) was NOT one of the protected classes one can't discriminate against.

Wait, that's an official holiday?!? Why wasn't I informed?
              Quite a number of places have held gay pride days, some places even have done it for more than a day.

And what days does it need to counterbalance, if I may be so curious?
              How's about Black history MONTH, Latino history month, American pacific islander history month, Asian american month..

http://abc13.com/entertainment/regal...ission/946401/

Ok, so now every female entering the theater will be subject to having their purse searched. This is going make for alot of unhappy people, slow-moving lines and such.

Another day closer to direct to home media movies, if you ask me.
              I had to chuckle like crazy when i heard that on the evening news.. Exactly how will RANDOM searches prevent someone sneaking in a gun??

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
              Why not just say "no thanks"?
              I did. Got called homophobe by 3 of the 5 people in the group the first time. And the same by 2 of the 4 in the 2nd group.

So, the correct response is to escalate?
              No, i would rather we not celebrate divisiveness (which is what these history months/days etc are), and just celebrate BEING US..

You have no constitutional right to deny service to anyone in the public domain. Nowhere in the constitution does it state you can do this -nowhere-. As much as some people who run businesses would like to think that they can, they cannot and it is no more than discrimination. Did you know that discrimination on such a level is a legal offence? I'll get back to this later
              Correct DISCRIMINATION is wrong/bad/illegal. BUT when you force someone to basically support something, which goes against their religious teachings, how is that any LESS wrong/bad, especially when the first amendment says "Congress shall make no laws prohibiting the practice there of" in relation to religion?

What organizations?
              Businesses are NOT organizations. They do not exist to serve a special interest, they exist to make money.
              Tomato, tomato. I say orgs, you say business. We both mean the same thing.

Every day, every month that is not about another group that is not straight, white, and male is your day by default. What more do you want?
              That's the same (IMO) Bull answer i heard every time that question got raised when i was in the Military. HOW is it "Our day every day" by default?

How so?
              Please, tell me how so?
              Basically by saying "You can practice your religion, but you can't do so when running a business".

At what point do you kill people for their crimes?
              When the crime is haneous enough to deserve it.. Such as in MURDER and Child rape cases..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                I did. Got called homophobe by 3 of the 5 people in the group the first time. And the same by 2 of the 4 in the 2nd group.
                How did that make you feel?

No, i would rather we not celebrate divisiveness (which is what these history months/days etc are), and just celebrate BEING US..
                No, that is not what they represent -at all-.

Correct DISCRIMINATION is wrong/bad/illegal. BUT when you force someone to basically support something, which goes against their religious teachings, how is that any LESS wrong/bad, especially when the first amendment says "Congress shall make no laws prohibiting the practice there of" in relation to religion?
                So, what you are saying is discrimination is a inbuilt feature of some religions?
                If I ask a baker to make me a rainbow cake, that means I am forcing that baker to support "gays"?
                By the same token, if I go to a "Christian bakery" does that mean I am supporting Christians if they are the only local bakery?
                Can you see how patently ridiculous that sounds?

Tomato, tomato. I say orgs, you say business. We both mean the same thing.
                No, I don't I -really- don't. Perhaps this is why you are having difficulties in seeing what I am saying. You are assuming that the words I am using are being used "randomly" and "interchangeably", and I can assure you that they are not.
                That's the same (IMO) Bull answer i heard every time that question got raised when i was in the Military. HOW is it "Our day every day" by default?
                What ethnicity and gender is given the most advantages by default?
                What ethnicity and gender has written the vast majority of "modern" history?
                Why is Santa Claus "Just white kids" according to Fox News?

Basically by saying "You can practice your religion, but you can't do so when running a business".
                Businesses -don't- have religions, they don't have feelings, they exist to make money, not to support a social agenda.
                Again, how weak must your faith be that to provide a service for someone who is different "challenges" it?

When the crime is haneous enough to deserve it.. Such as in MURDER and Child rape cases..
                Ok.
                If I hit you with a car while I am drunk, do I deserve to die?
                Last edited by Gatefan1976; 20 August 2015, 12:01 AM.
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Hang on.
                  The "liberal media" is ebil and not to be trusted, but Fox news is?
                  Confirmation Bias much?
                  They're a lot more trustworthy than most of the media. At least when it comes to being critical of the LSoS and the left in general.

Comment

Originally posted by imzadi35 View Post
                    But why did he do it? I just don't understand that part of it. But then there's a lot of things I don't understand in life.
                    Do you mean, the way his brain works? Or why he chose to do it?

If (since i am agnostic it doesn't apply to me) i was highly religious and part of practicing my religion was to not serve gays, how CAN i then practice it but NOT be discriminatory?
                    Practice all you like - general you since you are an agnostic - but when you have business, you are catering to the public which is as diverse as it comes. Should you have a problem with the people coming into your store or business, then perhaps it wasn't the wisest career choice.

And prior to recently, one's sexual persuasion (Gay and so on) was NOT one of the protected classes one can't discriminate against.
                    So, what you are saying is that it should be perfectly okay to be discriminated against?

Discriminate away and see how far it'll get you.

Quite a number of places have held gay pride days, some places even have done it for more than a day.
                    But it's not a public holiday...

Antwerp Pride was a whole weekend of fun and joy. All those who went had a great weekend.

How's about Black history MONTH, Latino history month, American pacific islander history month, Asian american month..
                    You've got 8 months left to fill with white supremacy festivities...

In that case, Thanksgiving 2015 is cancelled.

BUT when you force someone to basically support something, which goes against their religious teachings, how is that any LESS wrong/bad, especially when the first amendment says "Congress shall make no laws prohibiting the practice there of" in relation to religion?
                    Discriminating against groups of people is not practicing your religious believes, it's using your religious believes to convey a feeling of ... disgust, hatred, I am better than you, unworthy of my time, ...

When you run a business, the public in all its diversity are your customers. They bring in the cash, or they take it away.
                    Last edited by Falcon Horus; 20 August 2015, 05:17 AM.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

They're a lot more trustworthy than most of the media. At least when it comes to being critical of the LSoS and the left in general.
                      So.. they're trustworthy because they're telling you what you want to hear?

This is the same ""news"" network that claimed Birmingham is now completely Muslim and the white folks are no longer welcome..

Comment

Nobody's perfect. But I'll take a few mistakes over outright bias in news coverage. And the lion's share of the media is so badly biased to the left, it's not even funny. Hillary or the LSoS could kill someone in cold blood on national TV and the MSM would ignore the story.

Comment

I can't tell if he's being serious or not

Fox "news" is just as biased as any other news network. Just to the extreme right..

And it's not exactly a little mistake. It was a pointless scare story that was quickly discovered to be a ridiculous lie. They didn't just get a name wrong or point to the wrong part of the map They made up a story to make their viewers believe the Muslims are taking over the world.. Because that's what they want to hear for some reason..

Comment

I know Fox is biased, towards the right. And yes, they are not to swift at calling out the mistakes of the national Republican party, and they should be. The national party has severely lost its way.

Still preferable to the biased MSM.

Comment

Why? Because one agrees with you and the other doesn't?

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                                Why? Because one agrees with you and the other doesn't?
                                Yes. It's not as if there is an unbiased source out there. So I have to pick one bias or another. I'll pick the right.

Comment

Working...
                                X