This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pookey View Post
    Can you, or can you not, be racist towards a white person, and if not, why not?
    According to the Oxford Dictionary:

1. Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one’s own race is superior

1.1 The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

So, yes you can, but it is often white people that get accused of it, dont you think? Is that not racism as well

Im a pinky blue colour, i not white And a raspberry ripple colour when sunburnt
      sigpic

Comment

No. My sister has a friend whom she met on the train to work, so they only meet during the commutes but they talk a lot about a lot of stuff, including her heritage. The friend originally comes from Curaçao and she's got a mixture of African and Indian running through her veins. And she has mentioned that they bullied her for not being black enough in school.

Comment

I have a friend who is the same, she was bullied for not being black enough, but she soon sorted the bullies out, even tho her brother is jet black, the rest of the family are varying shades, she hates black people pulling out the racist card
          sigpic

Comment

Of course whites can be the victims of racism, any race can. Of course, the race hustlers will say otherwise, but they will pretty much say anything to keep their names in the news anyway.

Comment

I would say these schools and jobs that pick minorities in the name of diversity are being racist towards whites. Of course it happens but it not something talked about much. For example we always talk about how women get paid less but very few people want to mention how the legal system favors them
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                I would say these schools and jobs that pick minorities in the name of diversity are being racist towards whites. Of course it happens but it not something talked about much. For example we always talk about how women get paid less but very few people want to mention how the legal system favors them
                Or that because they are now outnumbering males in college, they are starting to make more than men. Our society has been feminized to the extreme.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                  Of course whites can be the victims of racism, any race can. Of course, the race hustlers will say otherwise, but they will pretty much say anything to keep their names in the news anyway.
                  Just ask the white population of South-Africa.

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                  Or that because they are now outnumbering males in college, they are starting to make more than men. Our society has been feminized to the extreme.
                  Good if it were true, but it isn't as a recent article mentioned. Women won't be making the same amount of money for the same work as men do, not for at least another 100 years. That's how long it has been calculated to get all wages the same.

Comment

I would say bad if it was true FH. Is not women making more than men just as bad as the current state of men making more ?
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      In one day? The comparison made to smaller countries doesn't even make you flinch, do they. The fact that not even 27 people die a year by violent gun use simply doesn't seem to compute in thou brain.

Your stats rank up to a thousand in total per year... and you find that normal too?
                      Well, when certain US cities (Chi-stan, St-louiran and Balt-rak) get 2 thousand + a year on their OWN individually, yes some might see it as normal to to hear 27 people shot in one day.

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                      Why does it matter?
                      To show which 'demographic' is doing all the killing...

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                      Personally, I am still waiting for his definition of racism.
                      Denying a race something, that you willingly give to another, just cause of that race being XYZ.
                      Like i won't take a female of race Y to bed, cause in the past of the 7 sessions of nookie i have had with gals of that race, only 2 of them, did i 'complete' with, cause the others just never kept me aroused. So i don't bother even trying with gals of that race.
                      Or i have Z spots open at work, i need to fill. Cause of how i see members of race A, even if they are otherwise qualified, i put their applications to the BACK of the pile..

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                      So, yes you can, but it is often white people that get accused of it, dont you think? Is that not racism as well
                      IMO it most definitely is. Take a look at all the youths who were taped chanting "Smack that cracker" while playing the knock out game.. Practically all the press fell over one another, to NOT say that was 'race based violence'. BUT a white guy kills a black person, and they all fall over themselves TRYING to be the first to tie it TO racism.

I know elsewhere, during long page discussions on law and divorce, MANY people were making that comment, that women, even now still get more 'favoritism' shown to them in custody disuputes..

Comment

You mean the legal system crafted and constructed by Men?
                        Sucks when it backfires eh?
                        sigpic
                        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Totally agree with this
                          sigpic

Comment

Is not women making more than men just as bad as the current state of men making more ?
                            Hence why it's equal pay for the same work.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            I know elsewhere, during long page discussions on law and divorce, MANY people were making that comment, that women, even now still get more 'favoritism' shown to them in custody disuputes..
                            Because they are the mothers, and unless there is a strong case against them, they almost always get custody over the children. Comes with the "carrying them around for 9 months", give or take a few.

Comment

Because they are the mothers, and unless there is a strong case against them, they almost always get custody over the children. Comes with the "carrying them around for 9 months", give or take a few.
                              And that is wrong in my opinion. Fathers should have just as equal say in the child. They helped raise him or her.
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

So treating people differently is not so good when it favors the men, but it's fine when women are getting the best of the deal? Gotcha.

Comment

Working...
                                X