This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Womble View Post
    People who declare that now Iran will effortlessly cruise towards nuclear weapons pretty much admit that the Iran deal was worthless and had no real-life effect on Iran's capacity to develop nuclear weapons.
    A line from "Star Wars" comes to mind.

Governor Tarkin:
    Fear will keep the local systems in line. Fear of this battle station.

Yeah, a classic evil villain movie trope.

But in this case, it is the correct solution to the problem.

The only thing that will stop a bunch of religious nut jobs is fear.
    Prior US administrations put up with a lot of crap from that country over the decades.

Remember 1979? We had President peanut farmer in the white house, and Iran took 79 US hostages. A lot of back and forth but nothing ever got them home. A helicopter rescue mission was attempted, but failed, mostly due to hardware failures. (the Dems were starving the military's budget back then.) But that was also an election year here. Ronald Reagan won.

Iran released the hostages on the very day Reagan was sworn in. They knew damned well that Reagan would use the full power of this country, and relented. Apparently not ready for their final reward yet.

In the 40 years since, how often has Iran been a P.I.T.A. ?

There are only two ways Iran doesn't keep screwing around. 1: Fear keeps them in line. 2: They don't exist anymore.

Both Tarkin: & Trump's approach to them is the correct one.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      PA isn't the liberal hellhole that NY is.
      This feels like a cop out. The solution is to simply require proof of citizenship in order to register to vote...no need to go crazy.

Have you heard about NY's recently enacted "green light law"?

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/ce...aud-allegation

The whole idea is a backdoor avenue to register illegals to vote.
      Interestingly enough the NY DMV website specifically says that they can't register to vote. And the article you gave was a visa holder who tried to register, not an illegal alien. And even further, that visa holder was not successful!!! So...there has been no cases of an illegal alien (or otherwise) registering to vote.

PS: I've been wondering what your reaction to https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...1#post14677707 would be. Perhaps you haven't seen it.[/QUOTE]

According to the article you linked, Special education programs needed more money so administrators began playing fast and loose with the law. The bullet points...don't know what to do with limited information considering those represent the bulk of what a school is. Employees, Charter leeches, Teachers, and buildings. The buildings part is the only part not mentioned. Teacher's unions would only cover teachers, not any of the other bullet points so I don't see how this is a union caused problem.

I don't buy your interpretation as a fact at all, considering you have shown the ability to read something that isn't in an article (like claiming that an illegal alien fraudulently registered to vote when that's not what any of your sources said). Okay...you live in a crappy place.

I find it suspect that not just an entire union, but all labor organizations that represent teachers nationwide are to blame for the actions of the administrative staff and union negotiators in one school district. Not to mention you seem to ignore any other factors that could be contributing to the issues in that one school district's budget and outcomes. For example, ineffective administrators. You do realize that there is no evaluation system and there are no systems to deal with ineffective or incompetent administrators. That's just one variable. Just come out and say it. You hate teachers, to you there is no lower nor lessor profession. It all comes down to one thing, you want teachers to be paid less than McDonald's employees. Your singular focus on their pay and nothing else is most alarming.

Governor Tarkin:

Prior US administrations put up with a lot of crap from that country over the decades.

Remember 1979? We had President peanut farmer in the white house, and Iran took 79 US hostages. A lot of back and forth but nothing ever got them home. A helicopter rescue mission was attempted, but failed, mostly due to hardware failures. (the Dems were starving the military's budget back then.) But that was also an election year here. Ronald Reagan won.

Iran released the hostages on the very day Reagan was sworn in. They knew damned well that Reagan would use the full power of this country, and relented. Apparently not ready for their final reward yet.

There are only two ways Iran doesn't keep screwing around. 1: Fear keeps them in line. 2: They don't exist anymore.

So we're just going to ignore the hostages released before 1981? It's not like the iranians didn't have a superpower nearby who wouldn't have minded to intervene too. You have an uncanny way of selectively remembering things from that era.
      By Nolamom
      sigpic

Comment

if they fear a human army more than God then they're not that religious to begin with

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
          if they fear a human army more than God then they're not that religious to begin with
          WOW!!! shocker... I actually agree with SR on this...

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
            WOW!!! shocker... I actually agree with SR on this...
            see? you are capable of common sense :|

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
              This feels like a cop out. The solution is to simply require proof of citizenship in order to register to vote...no need to go crazy.

Interestingly enough the NY DMV website specifically says that they can't register to vote. And the article you gave was a visa holder who tried to register, not an illegal alien. And even further, that visa holder was not successful!!! So...there has been no cases of an illegal alien (or otherwise) registering to vote.
              So goes it IN THEORY. Did you not see where the state directed local clerks to ignore immigration status?

According to the article you linked, Special education programs needed more money so administrators began playing fast and loose with the law. The bullet points...don't know what to do with limited information considering those represent the bulk of what a school is. Employees, Charter leeches, Teachers, and buildings. The buildings part is the only part not mentioned. Teacher's unions would only cover teachers, not any of the other bullet points so I don't see how this is a union caused problem.
              Nonsense. There are some other things in the mix, but far and away the largest portion of the overage ends up in employee pockets.

And you are right. it is as much the administration's fault as the unions.

The real situation is this: They couldn't put the whole package the union demanded "in budget", so there was some sort of backroom deal to make up the difference under the table, so to speak by spending it anyway, Both sides are as guilty as sin there, and the school board should be thrown out on their arse just as much as the union should be broken.

But they can't do that. They tried and someone quashed them in the courts. Elected representatives of the people or some such.

This is an urban district, hopelessly locked into the "gimme stuff" political strategy. There is zero chance of anyone who proposes living within their means will get elected to the school board.

But there just isn't any more money to give away. And just like uncounted millions of people and businesses before them, they cooked the books.

And got caught. The only solution is to live within their means, but they can't accept that.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                That's not on the USA.
                Did I say it was?
                Annoyed said no one has died, he is flat out wrong.
                Because before that, with the ever-so-awesome deal, something was going to stop Iran from developing nukes?
                Yes, the ability for outsiders to inspect. Why do you think the rest of the nations involved are trying to salvage something out of the deal?
                People who declare that now Iran will effortlessly cruise towards nuclear weapons pretty much admit that the Iran deal was worthless and had no real-life effect on Iran's capacity to develop nuclear weapons.
                I never said effortlessly I said there are no checks and balances -agreed to by all parties-
                Iran is effectively now in the position NoKo is now.
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Governor Tarkin:

Learn your history. Ronnie Reagan HELD UP the release process to use as political capital in the election, but ignorance is the best defence, isn't it?
                  sigpic

Comment

So goes it IN THEORY. Did you not see where the state directed local clerks to ignore immigration status?

Nonsense. There are some other things in the mix, but far and away the largest portion of the overage ends up in employee pockets.

The real situation is this: They couldn't put the whole package the union demanded "in budget", so there was some sort of backroom deal to make up the difference under the table, so to speak by spending it anyway, Both sides are as guilty as sin there, and the school board should be thrown out on their arse just as much as the union should be broken.

But they can't do that. They tried and someone quashed them in the courts. Elected representatives of the people or some such.

This is an urban district, hopelessly locked into the "gimme stuff" political strategy. There is zero chance of anyone who proposes living within their means will get elected to the school board.

But there just isn't any more money to give away. And just like uncounted millions of people and businesses before them, they cooked the books.

And got caught. The only solution is to live within their means, but they can't accept that.
                    Jel, he's spouting conspiracy theories again.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                      Seen this yet?

State Senate passes revised bill that would automatically register voters

So, automatic voter registration via the DMV. Illegal immigrants can now get drivers licenses. And county clerk offices (who actually handle many license applications) are being directed to ignore immigration status.

What on earth do you think this left wing hellhole is trying to do?

Comment

It's not immigration status that determines your right to vote, it's citizenship status so I don't see why inquiring immigration status is of any concern here in the first place. I didn't see any state directive, just one bloke making a claim that is too crazy to believe, and quite frankly doesn't make sense.

You must have read something different because I didn't see any numbers beyond the total that came up short.

Here's the thing. Your issue is with one district yet you want to take away my safety net because your school district has these problems? Look at it from my POV, just because you have a crappy district with a crappy union and crappy staff is no reason to take away the safety net from responsible teachers who work in responsible districts that operate with responsible labor organizations. There are things that can be done to deal with these crappy unions and districts, you just have the misfortune to live in an area where the voters don't really care to change much. Destroying what works for everyone else is not the solution.

You want change, change the discourse, get the board to push back. A union's job is to look out for its members and the board's job is to look out for its shareholder. It seems to me that the union is doing its job but the board is not. Get a new board. Teachers will not agree to a strike if the strike is bogus. It's hard to comment where there is so little actual information and only pure speculation about "backdoor deals" with aliens or something.

Seen this yet?

State Senate passes revised bill that would automatically register voters

So, automatic voter registration via the DMV. Illegal immigrants can now get drivers licenses. And county clerk offices (who actually handle many license applications) are being directed to ignore immigration status.

What on earth do you think this left wing hellhole is trying to do?
                        I didn't see anything about clerks being directed to ignore immigration status...even though, once again, immigration status has nothing to do with eligibility to vote. That would be citizenship status that would determine your eligibility to vote. Question, how does the state keep felons from registering to vote?
                        By Nolamom
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                          Individually, true. But if they're dead, they can't continue to carry out their directive to convert all non-believers. So as a whole, they aren't ready to cash in their 42 virgins or whatever yet.

Comment

It's not immigration status that determines your right to vote, it's citizenship status so I don't see why inquiring immigration status is of any concern here in the first place. I didn't see any state directive, just one bloke making a claim that is too crazy to believe, and quite frankly doesn't make sense.

I didn't see anything about clerks being directed to ignore immigration status...even though, once again, immigration status has nothing to do with eligibility to vote. That would be citizenship status that would determine your eligibility to vote. Question, how does the state keep felons from registering to vote?
                            From the article I posted on 12/27
                            "When that person is completing that transaction they're asked the question, are you a citizen or not,” Kearns said. “If they answer yes, there is nothing right now that our staff can do. They've been told by the state of New York, stand down. On an E Felony, stand down."
                            They aren't checking. If the applicant simply answers yes when asked if they are a citizen, it is assumed they are telling the truth. No verification, the state has directed that the local county clerks not check.

And with illegals allowed to get licenses, that lie grants voting eligibility to illegals. And now they want to automatically register any license applicant. This is a clear path to allowing illegals into the voting booth. I don't get why you can't understand that.

Here's the thing. Your issue is with one district yet you want to take away my safety net because your school district has these problems? Look at it from my POV, just because you have a crappy district with a crappy union and crappy staff is no reason to take away the safety net from responsible teachers who work in responsible districts that operate with responsible labor organizations. There are things that can be done to deal with these crappy unions and districts, you just have the misfortune to live in an area where the voters don't really care to change much. Destroying what works for everyone else is not the solution.

You want change, change the discourse, get the board to push back. A union's job is to look out for its members and the board's job is to look out for its shareholder. It seems to me that the union is doing its job but the board is not. Get a new board. Teachers will not agree to a strike if the strike is bogus. It's hard to comment where there is so little actual information and only pure speculation about "backdoor deals" with aliens or something.
                            I don't live in that city, so I have no standing; can't vote there, etc. But it is a shining example of what happens when the Left/Democrats have unchallenged control of government for decades, and why public employee unions should be broken. The whole system is as corrupt as hell. The govt. officials, such as the school board are in bed with the unions, who are also in bed with key officials in many other levels of govt., including the courts.

The Unions pressure their members to vote Democrat, as well as directly contribute financially to their campaigns. In return, the corrupt officials tend to the needs of the unions with tender loving care.

The entire system is run by and for the benefit of the unions and elected officials, rather than the students they are supposed to be educating. Have I mentioned this is one of the worst performing school districts in the entire country?

The Democrats have and have had a lock on the school board, which is elected. They have such little chance of changing the Republicans don't even bother running candidates or even primaries anymore. And like most Democrats, they are in bed with the public employee unions. So there is no chance whatsoever of getting a decent school board in thereat the voting booth.

Even the (Democrat) mayor of Rochester called for a state takeover of the district early last year, before this budget scandal blew up in their faces. She knows as well as anyone the system as is is so badly corrupt it CAN'T be fixed. This effort was shot down in the courts.
                            There has been at least one other proposal to take control away from the board, but that failed also. So, the corruption continues, with no way to stop it.

Maybe you don't understand this because PA isn't the liberal/democrat hellhole that NY is. I can get that, it is really mind boggling just how frakked up this place is.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                              Did he ever stop?
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Individually, true. But if they're dead, they can't continue to carry out their directive to convert all non-believers. So as a whole, they aren't ready to cash in their 42 virgins or whatever yet.
                                (irc it's 70 though I'm not sure how they keep replenishing their stocks) come again? if they die as non-sinners - by their standards - they go to heaven, period

and if they die in combat as in your scenario they go to one of the higher if not the highest level of heaven (they got several levels apparently)

Comment

Working...
                                X