This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Why does everyone go back to the Emu wars??
    Have you been in any others lately?
    But I guess that explains why you don't think a U.S. carrier strike group can't control Australia. You guys couldn't launch a carrier pigeon without it getting shot out of the sky. Till the animal right groups get involved, anyway.

Yeah, when I read about it, I was wondering where you were. I can't say I've looked deeply into it, your politics make ours look basic, and US politics positively asinine. What is your feeling on the chance of enough groups to come togeather to form a stable government?
    Our politics is nuts. Always has been. Not to the degree that it is now, where one party can't accept that they lost, but we've always been nuts.

But that's the point of what we are. We have loud, raucous arguments about where we want to go. What do you expect in a free society? But until recently, it has worked pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
      I leave this place alone for a few months, and come back to discussions of nuking Australia. Are you guys okay?
      be glad it didn't devolve into hypothetical orders to carry out an Exterminatus

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        No, we have never started a war as a nation.
        Been involved in all of yours though, so don't go there.
        I've lost family members to US wars, so tread real carefully here Annoyed.
        But I guess that explains why you don't think a U.S. carrier strike group can't control Australia. You guys couldn't launch a carrier pigeon without it getting shot out of the sky. Till the animal right groups get involved, anyway.
        It can't, more than any one carrier group could control the USA. Do you actually realise how big Australia is? It is as large as the USA. You could take the east coast with one, but that leaves the west coast.
        A carrier group simply cannot project that much power.
        We will add military strategy to your list of things you spout about but have no clue about.

Our politics is nuts. Always has been. Not to the degree that it is now, where one party can't accept that they lost, but we've always been nuts.
        How freaking pathetic. You can't look at yourself, so you blame "the other".
        Damn, how do those straws you are clinging onto taste?
        I guess like crap, but you are gonna smile and eat it anyway.
        But that's the point of what we are. We have loud, raucous arguments about where we want to go. What do you expect in a free society? But until recently, it has worked pretty well.
        Do you think you are the ONLY free society?
        You arrogant idiot.
        You are even stupid enough to believe you live in a free society. America is now the land of transactional loyalty, and has been since the 80's.
        Damn.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

It can't, more than any one carrier group could control the USA. Do you actually realise how big Australia is? It is as large as the USA. You could take the east coast with one, but that leaves the west coast.
          A carrier group simply cannot project that much power.
          We will add military strategy to your list of things you spout about but have no clue about.
          Ok, just to carry this game along because it's fun...

In a fight between 1 carrier strike force and Au., our early priority is to take out whatever air defense capability you have. Remember, we have reconnaissance from orbit. We know what you have and where it is. Does Australia have it's own satellites, capable of giving you that info? Particularly for a moving target?

Ok, so after a day or two you have no air defenses left. With mid-air refueling, that carrier's influence can now cover the continent unchallenged.

You guys are in deep doo-doo, right?

Comment

Ok, just to carry this game along because it's fun...

In a fight between 1 carrier strike force and Au., our early priority is to take out whatever air defense capability you have. Remember, we have reconnaissance from orbit. We know what you have and where it is. Does Australia have it's own satellites, capable of giving you that info? Particularly for a moving target?
            Dunno, how did you land on the moon?
            ALL your transmissions came through Parkes, which is out here you moron. You would have NO GPS, NO satellite coverage, no NOTHING. Most satellites are privately owned these days, so yeah, we would be perfectly capable of tracking your fleet, and denying you access to our relay facilities.
            Ok, so after a day or two you have no air defenses left. With mid-air refueling, that carrier's influence can now cover the continent unchallenged.
            Nope.
            You can easily cover a coast, no doubt, but Aus is too large to deal with by one group.
            Look at a map Annoyed.
            You guys are in deep doo-doo, right?
            A single carrier group has the firepower to take us out, no question. What you cannot do is effectively project power over the entire continent with one group, it's simply too big.
            Look at a map.
            sigpic

Comment

Aussies? Only every single major conflict from the Second Boer war onwards.

Australia is 18 times the size of Iraq. If you overlay it over the Middle East, it would reach into southern Russia in the north, Yemen in the south, Libya in the west and Afghanistan in the east. You're talking about controlling all that with a single carrier strike group stationed somewhere west of Malta.
              If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Dunno, how did you land on the moon?
                ALL your transmissions came through Parkes, which is out here you moron. You would have NO GPS, NO satellite coverage, no NOTHING. Most satellites are privately owned these days, so yeah, we would be perfectly capable of tracking your fleet, and denying you access to our relay facilities.

Nope.
                You can easily cover a coast, no doubt, but Aus is too large to deal with by one group.
                Look at a map Annoyed.

A single carrier group has the firepower to take us out, no question. What you cannot do is effectively project power over the entire continent with one group, it's simply too big.
                Look at a map.
                NASA used a relay, because at times, the mass of the earth would have been between NASA's raidos and the space capsule.

This would not apply to a military operation, as we would simply use satellites that are in geosynchronous orbit above you guys.
                And if you don't think the US military has its own satellites which are exclusively for them, think again.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                  be glad it didn't devolve into hypothetical orders to carry out an Exterminatus
                  I propose an exterminatus on Holy Terra

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                    I propose an exterminatus on Holy Terra
                    The Emperor does not approve, send in the sisters of battle!!
                    sigpic

Comment

The Emperor does not approve, send in the sisters of battle!!
                      but the Emperor's a non-believer

in the name of the Emperor I declare the Emperor a heretic

Comment

Now is Jelgate's time to shine

*rolls out guillotine*
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

You will darken the light of the Astronomicon with your heresay!!
                          sigpic

Comment

You will darken the light of the Astronomicon with your heresay!!
                            heresy or hearsay? +_-

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              Now is Jelgate's time to shine

*rolls out guillotine*
                              guillotine = french = collaborator = traitor = heretic

Comment

heresy or hearsay? +_-
                                Both
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X