Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That level of critical thinking is beyond him tood.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Any level of critical thinking is beyond him
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/11/15/u...ges/index.html

the commonfolk might wanna consider investing in bulletproof clothing just to go about their daily lives since it's so risky to be a citizen in that ****hole country

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
          https://edition.cnn.com/2019/11/15/u...ges/index.html

the commonfolk might wanna consider investing in bulletproof clothing just to go about their daily lives since it's so risky to be a citizen in that ****hole country
          What can you say to that?
          This isn't a dig at you SR, it's a dig at the cops involved.
          This is not the response of a first wold nation, it's the response of a totalitarian nation, a nation with the largest military force in history.
          Is that who America want's to be now?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
            What can you say to that?
            This isn't a dig at you SR, it's a dig at the cops involved.
            This is not the response of a first wold nation, it's the response of a totalitarian nation, a nation with the largest military force in history.
            Is that who America want's to be now?
            for starters they could consider transitioning to a real representative democracy instead of sticking to this archaic system (which Trump himself criticized before it got him the election)

why mention the US military though? not sure a soldier would've reacted the same just look what happened to Jose Guerena a vet (he had his gun safety on unlike those who shot him)

Comment

for starters they could consider transitioning to a real representative democracy instead of sticking to this archaic system (which Trump himself criticized before it got him the election)
              For sure. they should go with the popular vote rather than the EC which is nowhere near what it was designed to be by the FF. The EC was designed to be an independent body of people, now it is a political appointee job. (by both parties)
              why mention the US military though? not sure a soldier would've reacted the same just look what happened to Jose Guerena a vet (he had his gun safety on unlike those who shot him)
              Umm
              "hail Ceasar"
              Rome was a republic before it was an empire, and the US is now facing the same issue. That's the history issue.
              In the modern day however, what nation on earth could stop a madman with the power of the US military doing what they want?
              That's why I bring up the military.
              sigpic

Comment

In the modern day however, what nation on earth could stop a madman with the power of the US military doing what they want?
                That's why I bring up the military.
                you mean abroad?? between nations the nukes still maintain some sort of balance (100 nukes vs 10000 nukes means both sides would be glass)

sometimes the army itself sides with the people so what if the solution comes from within
                draft-dodging cadet Bone Spurs isn't exactly a military role model

Comment

you mean abroad?
                  Yes
                  between nations the nukes still maintain some sort of balance (100 nukes vs 10000 nukes means both sides would be glass)
                  I'm not talking about nukes. If the US planted 2 carrier groups on your back door, they could control everything you do, or want to do without a nuke in sight.
                  sometimes the army itself sides with the people so what if the solution comes from within
                  draft-dodging cadet Bone Spurs isn't exactly a military role model
                  As much as I agree, trump is still CIC, and the military, unlike trump functions on orders. THAT is why he is dangerous.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yes

I'm not talking about nukes. If the US planted 2 carrier groups on your back door, they could control everything you do, or want to do without a nuke in sight.
                    if you mean an embargo that itself is a casus belli (what if we do the same to the US then)

also you think the US can afford to wage a "war of attrition" against the rest of the west including the entire EU?

Comment

Yes

As much as I agree, trump is still CIC, and the military, unlike trump functions on orders. THAT is why he is dangerous.
                      Pfft! Would only take one carrier group.

More seriously, the military is sworn in as follows:

, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.
                      Further, the US Code of military justice has things to say about lawful orders.

First, note that "defend the constitution" is listed first and foremost, and the President & chain of command come second.
                      So, the military doesn't HAVE to obey, but if someone decides not to obey, they better have a damn good reason or their arse is in an iron sling.

I mean, suppose the commander of that carrier group got some bad 'roo meat at The Outback* & decided to take out Australia. Probably be a good idea if his 2nd in command squashed that idea.

*"The Outback" is a chain of Australian themed restaurants in the U.S.)

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post

Further, the US Code of military justice has things to say about lawful orders.

First, note that "defend the constitution" is listed first and foremost, and the President & chain of command come second.
                        So, the military doesn't HAVE to obey, but if someone decides not to obey, they better have a damn good reason or their arse is in an iron sling.
                        against all enemies, foreign and domestic;
                        there ya go

quite sure being Traitor In Chief qualifies as domestic enemy

Comment

also define enemy: of the State or of the People?

Comment

if you mean an embargo that itself is a casus belli (what if we do the same to the US then)
                            Have you been playing civilization 6?
                            also you think the US can afford to wage a "war of attrition" against the rest of the west including the entire EU?
                            I'm not sure about that. Remember, unlike the EU, the US is a united entity. COULD the EU produce the needed defence to do so?
                            Probably.
                            Would the US have the better starting position?
                            DEFINATELY.
                            sigpic

Comment

no but I played Spellforce :|

(RTS generally not my thing)

the US is a united entity.
                              you sure about the united part? ^^

technically more united than the EU but they're not a nation-state either
                              not even sure they're a real federation (more of a confederation?)

Comment

How could he? He, she or it is an anarchist.

I'm not sure about that. Remember, unlike the EU, the US is a united entity. COULD the EU produce the needed defence to do so?
                                Probably.
                                Would the US have the better starting position?
                                DEFINATELY.
                                60 years ago, starting position wouldn't have mattered too much, the end was a forgone conclusion.

Nowadays? Our saving grace would be that we would see an upswing in hardware construction in the EU and elsewhere, and be ready with an overwhelming response if the EU did try a strike, possibly a preventive response. With no warning, it could go either way.

Unless we use nukes, that is.

Comment

Working...
                                X