This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    It doesn't have merit as the guy's life was never under threat. It defies common sense to think a loved one surprising you as a threat to your life. I'll stop getting bacon when you stop being a hypocrite. Don't think that will stop anytime soon
    That's lawyer rehearsal
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post

How come no one is questioning the victim for banging on the door and then hiding in the bushes at 11:30 at night? Doesn't seem to be the smartest thing to do.
      Because he is from a country where no one goes to their front door holding a loaded gun ready to shoot so it's OK and in fact quite normal to surprise someone on their birthday. Norway has hugely responsible gun ownership laws and gun owners.
      sigpic

Comment

It doesn't have merit as the guy's life was never under threat. It defies common sense to think a loved one surprising you as a threat to your life. I'll stop getting bacon when you stop being a hypocrite. Don't think that will stop anytime soon
        Obviously, he didn't know it was a loved one.

Now, put that bacon back.

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy View Post
          Because he is from a country where no one goes to their front door holding a loaded gun ready to shoot so it's OK and in fact quite normal to surprise someone on their birthday. Norway has hugely responsible gun ownership laws and gun owners.
          When in Rome...

Norway has a far, far lower crime rate than the U.S.

https://www.nationmaster.com/country...d-States/Crime

Here, where legal, and often even when not, it would be quite prudent to be prepared to defend one's self if someone's banging on the door at 11:30 at night.

Comment

he's not exactly a tourist newbie he's married to a merican so he must've had at least some idea of how the people in his country-in-law are...different

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
              he's not exactly a tourist newbie he's married to a merican so he must've had at least some idea of how the people in his country-in-law are...different
              Yes very different. You know that this is not a good thing right?
              sigpic

Comment

When in Rome...

Norway has a far, far lower crime rate than the U.S.

https://www.nationmaster.com/country...d-States/Crime

Here, where legal, and often even when not, it would be quite prudent to be prepared to defend one's self if someone's banging on the door at 11:30 at night.
                You keep on ignoring that he was never in danger. Can't call self-defense without danger
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy View Post
                  Yes very different. You know that this is not a good thing right?
                  precisely
                  gotta be careful in that country it's one of the many reasons I'd never visit or live there

this can't be the first time something like this has happened? even the SS also regularly gun down unarmed citizens while claiming they somehow felt in danger & they tend to get away with it without much complaint from merican citizens (or their media)

Comment

You keep on ignoring that he was never in danger. Can't call self-defense without danger
                    And you keep on ignoring the legal key for self defense: Was the guy in reasonable fear for his life? 11:30 at night, a bang on the door and then someone jumps out of the bushes near the door.

I could easily see the guy being in fear. And apparently, so could the cops who investigated.

Each time you ignore that, you lose a week's bacon. You might see bacon by December, at this rate.

Comment

And you keep on ignoring the legal key for self defense: Was the guy in reasonable fear for his life? 11:30 at night, a bang on the door and then someone jumps out of the bushes near the door.

I could easily see the guy being in fear. And apparently, so could the cops who investigated.

Each time you ignore that, you lose a week's bacon. You might see bacon by December, at this rate.
                      In any case, my sympathy for him is very very little. In fact, I don't think I have any sympathy for him. If he thought there was a threat at his door, why didn't he call the police? Why didn't he warn the person that he was armed? Why didn't he ask "Who is it"? before opening the door? The reason is that he is a special kind of idiot who now has to look at his kid in the eye knowing that he'll always be the one who took her husband away from him. And if she has kids, they'll know him as the one who took their dad away from them. Why? Because he thought that a gun means to confront a threat head on without any forethought...in other words, because he is trigger happy and willfully ignorant of good gunmanship.

To be honest, those things that I mentioned, before he opened his door he didn't bother to ask who it was or tell them that he was armed or anything. He just swung that door wide open looking for a fight. To me, that is beyond self defense, that's reckless endangerment and he should be charged with criminal negligence. If you have a gun, you have a responsibility to know and practice proper gunmanship.
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

You know what, I always felt like a small portion of Americans 2nd amendment fanatics are only waiting for an opportunity to unload their guns, because they're allowed to kill legally. Let's be real, how many people on this planet do you think are eager to do just that. That dude saw an occasion, he took it.

It was just a prank bro!
                        Spoiler:
                        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Haven't you heard of the anti-government militia
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Haven't you heard about this

As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!). They must, with Europe and others, watch over...
                            Spoiler:

Comment

My favorite is calling the impeachment investigation a coup
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

come to think of it now's a good time for mericans to form one

Comment

Working...
                                X