This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    Same thought. If these people hadn't been trying to sneak into the country or trying to gain entry by making false asylum claims, they wouldn't be in those camps, would they? Ultimately, every single person in those camps are responsible for their situation because they or their parents made the bad decision to try to come to the US illegally. If a criminal is killed trying to break into a home/business, whose fault is that? The crooks? Or are you blaming the crook's "victim"?
    Except most of them came in through the front door after knocking. So the better analogy is "If a guest got hurt on your porch after knocking on your door, then yes you would be liable". Drop the act, to you any asylum claim is automatically false without even knowing the condition, situation, or the law. Which makes all of this just a disgusting display of indecency on your part.

Where is it written that the US must expend unlimited resources to accommodate a never ending stream of illegals and false asylum seekers? Or that we should just release them into the US so they can start drawing on social services?
    Federal law code and the constitution?

No one seems to note that these people left their home country and crossed into Mexico, not the US, apparently with Mexico's permission as Mexico did not stop them at their southern border. No one seems to expect Mexico to pick up the tab for their food, housing, medical care, etc. Nope, just pass them and the bill to the U.S.
    Not true.

We are NOT the world's welfare office, and I'm sick and damned tired of everyone having the attitude that we are. In case you haven't noticed, we have plenty of our own citizens that our society can't properly accommodate, and everyone wants us to pick up the tab for those from other countries as well?
    We can properly accommodate everyone who is here. It's just that you don't want to.

There's a number of liberal / lefties that are pushing for us to defund the camps completely. But those people don't seem to include any idea of what to do with those people if those camps are shut down. Their idea is apparently just to let them in and allow them to go where they want.
    Because they're dumb? I don't see what your point is here.

If you're so generously minded, why don't you talk to whoever is running the show in Belgium and have them send ships to South America to pick these people up and provide transportation to your country, and then you guys can pick up the tab.
    They take in plenty of refugees. Many countries around the world take at equal rates or higher rates than we do. This is just your lack of knowledge and random wild assumptions going....well...wild. Colombia for example has taken in millions of Venezuelans. Mexico has been giving Central Americans visas left and right to remain. Just a few days ago the Mexican president announced that there would soon be at least 40,000 factory jobs for them. Other countries are doing their fair share.

No? Then what right do you have to insist that we pick up the tab?
    They have every right by your stated standard. They are taking people in. Well, except for Australia. But GF complains about Australia's system all the time so there's no hypocrisy there.
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

Honestly if we look at this situation from a straight business point of view, it is much more profitable and cheaper to actually house those folks in modest dwellings and give em jobs. Integration produces money, incarceration is a money pit.

Therefore the only reason remaining not to let those folks in is political in nature or simple xenophobia. All of Annoyed's arguments revolve around money, but blocking access is pricy.
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
        Honestly if we look at this situation from a straight business point of view, it is much more profitable and cheaper to actually house those folks in modest dwellings and give em jobs. Integration produces money, incarceration is a money pit.

Therefore the only reason remaining not to let those folks in is political in nature or simple xenophobia. All of Annoyed's arguments revolve around money, but blocking access is pricy.
        Hardly. Physical barriers at the border and changing some of our stupid laws would bring the cost to nearly nothing.
        And might save us money in the long run. How much would be saved in social services costs? Or how much might we save not dealing with the criminal elements?

Comment

So you think concentration camps are cheaper than having an immigrant paying taxes? You do know a Wall will never completely stop illegal immigration?
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

A wall will do very little to stop illegal immigration. But you know how Annoyed feels about facts that contradict his POV
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              A wall will do very little to stop illegal immigration. But you know how Annoyed feels about facts that contradict his POV
              Better question.
              Why does a wall, that will only stop a small proportion of illegal immigrants matter?
              The thing is, people "pouring over the southern boarder" looks big and scary because the actual numbers at one time look bad without context.
              More people in the US (and really, most countries) overstay visa's rather than come over the boarder.
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                Better question.
                Why does a wall, that will only stop a small proportion of illegal immigrants matter?
                The thing is, people "pouring over the southern boarder" looks big and scary because the actual numbers at one time look bad without context.
                More people in the US (and really, most countries) overstay visa's rather than come over the boarder.
                Ok, are you in a mirror universe or something?
                Just put "border crisis" into your favorite google machine.

Comment

Ok, are you in a mirror universe or something?
                  Just put "border crisis" into your favorite google machine.
                  No.
                  What I am saying that you get more illegal immigrants over the entire spread of the US in a few weeks than any caravan delivers. A caravan however is more scary because it has a larger, individual impact.
                  Do you understand that?
                  sigpic
                  ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                  A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                  The truth isn't the truth

Comment

And also how the hell could the BP miss a herd of millions of rabid migrants storming the border walls?
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Ah nevermind. I just went with Annoyed's advice of using my favorite Google machine and found that piece on Fox:

Spoiler:

Comment

Definitely a hot topic trending today: #RevolutionaryWarAirport & #RevolutionaryWarAirportStories

If you need a good laugh today, for whatever reason, I reccommend looking these two up on twitter. They certainly don't disappoint.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Although she had no importance in the political world, I had to put one of my cats down today, and she was of great importance to me.

She started acting wonky last night, and was worse this morning, so off to her Vet., which she had been seeing for a number of years. Who immediately referred me to a local pet hospital/emergency facility, which didn't bode well.

Turned out she had apparently been having undiscovered heart problems for a while, and the area around her heart / lungs had filled with fluid, making it increasingly harder for her to breathe, despite having had a physical a month ago, which didn't show any new problems.

She had been taking medication for a thyroid problem, but that was well-controlled. No indication whatsoever that she was sick until last night, didn't eat, lethargic, etc. I attributed that to the hot/humid weather we've been having, all 3 were just lying about. This morning, she had gotten worse, and her breathing was very labored. (She's always been a heavy breather, but no where near this bad).
                          6 hours later, I'm holding her as the vet injects drugs to end her life as there is no hope of further life without suffering. Dead at age 11, which is quite young for an indoor only cat.

She will be missed terribly.

Comment

Although she had no importance in the political world, I had to put one of my cats down today, and she was of great importance to me.

Hey dude pets become like family. I don't know much about you personally but I know you care for them deeply like you would care for your children if life had given you any.

RIP cat and my condolences
                            Spoiler:

Comment

6 hours later, I'm holding her as the vet injects drugs to end her life as there is no hope of further life without suffering. Dead at age 11, which is quite young for an indoor only cat.

Already on the prowl in cat heaven where there are plenty of mice for her to enjoy.

(yes, all animals do go to heaven)
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Already on the prowl in cat heaven where there are plenty of mice for her to enjoy.

(yes, all animals do go to heaven)
                                If there is such a place, I agree with you. With very few exceptions, animals are better quality "souls" than people.

And though I have no evidence whatsoever either way, at times like this I sincerely hope there is such a place.

Comment

Working...
                                X