This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    So, I guess England has their version of the OJ Simpson farce.

How the hell does this guy get off?

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/12...-and-fell.html
    Ahh yes, the famous "Hudson Hawke" defence.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

This might put a damper on illegal content downloads...

https://torrentfreak.com/cox-is-liab...illion-151217/

Internet provider Cox Communications is responsible for the copyright infringements of its subscribers, a Virginia federal jury has ruled. The ISP is guilty of willful contributory copyright infringement and must pay music publisher BMG $25 million in damages.
      If this establishes legal precedent, ISP's will shortly start blocking p2p traffic to protect themselves from lawsuits.

Comment

I don't have any sympathy for making piracy harder
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Nor I, but you need to look at the fine print on these kinds of things, or you end up voting some kind of rider clause in that will affect legal users.
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

You expect logical behavior from these idiots? It's never the "what" that is offensive, it is the "who might be offended", and "who is doing the offending".
            True. And the more grating point to me, is its often NOT THAT someone actually got offended, but just the fact someone felt "someone MIGHT be offended, so we will nip it in the butt"..

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/12...-and-fell.html
            More likely it was cause he was a rich Saudi prince..

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Neither do i.

Comment

This might put a damper on illegal content downloads..
              They'll find another way. You can only stop piracy by making it obsolete. The best way to do that is a legal alternative that offers what people are looking for: an easy way to access vast libraries of shows and games for a fair price

Money.

Comment

If they offer me an affordable way to view my favorite shows without having to wait months or even years for them to show up -- I'll quit my pirate life, until then... no such luck. All they'll get is the money I spend on the DVD-boxes (and I'm not buying them unless I find the show worthy of keeping around).
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

OMGoddess - just had the best laugh... (quietly, I'm at work)

All schools shut down in a Virginia county over Islam homework assignment

Ah, you Americans are so funny.

-----

In other news, but no English article for it:

Federal government in Belgium continues its genderneutral pattern by adding X to to M/F on jobads. And applicants can choose X as sex instead of only M or F, which I think is awesome.
                  Last edited by Falcon Horus; 18 December 2015, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

-----

In other news, but no English article for it:

Federal government in Belgium continues its genderneutral pattern by adding X to to M/F on jobads. And applicants can choose X as sex instead of only M or F, which I think is awesome.
                    Gives those math problems "find X" a whole new meaning.

Are they going to add X toilets now, too?

In other news:

Rather than carry Israelis, Kuwait Airways drops NYC-London route.
                    If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                      Are they going to add X toilets now, too?
                      Ever heard of unisex toilets...

Read it earlier and hey, can't blame them for following the law. Didn't even know they had one like that.
                      Dropping the line seems drastic but maybe they rather drop a line than pay a large fine (no clue what the punishment is for breaking that specific law).

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

That teacher is stupid. Of all the **** you can make students copy you write down a pledge to allah? in a country where it's leader regularly says "god bless america" and the bible pretty much dictates school curriculum?

It's just asking for trouble.

Comment

Oh come on... Americans can make an elephant out of everything.

Saw an article about a professor who'd been put on inactive cause she was bold enough to state that both God and Allah are the same. OH NOES!!

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                            That teacher is stupid. Of all the **** you can make students copy you write down a pledge to allah? in a country where it's leader regularly says "god bless america" and the bible pretty much dictates school curriculum?

The Bible most certainly does not dictate curriculum in the public school system. Are there those that wish it would? Yes. But they aren't ever going to get their wish.

Comment

They'll find another way. You can only stop piracy by making it obsolete. The best way to do that is a legal alternative that offers what people are looking for: an easy way to access vast libraries of shows and games for a fair price
                              but who determines that 'fair' price? The artists making the content, the companies putting them out, or the public?

And coming high on the heals of another school system going after a coach for praying on the field with his players is not just showing poor judgement imo, but massive double standards..
                              Also where is the Freedom From religion nut jobs on THIS situation?
                              And how on earth can anyone say caligraphy/religion is linked to Geography??

Comment

Geography has been the "everything that doesn't fit neatly into the sciences, maths, language/literature, arts" class for a long time now. It's not about map reading. It's just the "things that are happening on Earth" class.

The calligraphy/religious text copying assignment should have been in the religious education class. I had to take one when I was at school.. I didn't end up converting to any of the religions I learned about, and the class covered all the major ones.

They closed all the schools in the area because they thought copying a single line of text, that the majority wouldn't even be able to read, would make the kids convert to Islam. If it was that easy then the over-saturation of Christian imagery in the Christmas/Easter season would decimate all the other religions. None of them would stand a chance against it. It's impossible to avoid.. And yet somehow they survive..
                                Last edited by Pharaoh Hamenthotep; 18 December 2015, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X