This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    Well, lets see if this changes Mexico's mind about sending their problems to our doorstep.

Trump announces escalating tariffs against Mexico, starting at 5 percent, until illegal immigrants 'STOP'
    Mexico deports more illegals than the US does. Illegal crossings are still at an all time low. And Mexico isn't suing the US for sending its refugee applicants back to Mexico. What more do you want them to do? Get the infinity stones and snap Central America out of existence? Why should Mexico enforce American immigration law?
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
      Mexico deports more illegals than the US does. Illegal crossings are still at an all time low. And Mexico isn't suing the US for sending its refugee applicants back to Mexico. What more do you want them to do? Get the infinity stones and snap Central America out of existence? Why should Mexico enforce American immigration law?
      I'm not expecting them to. They admit people into Mexico at Mexico's southern border. At that point, they are Mexico's problem. By allowing them to pass through to the US border, Mexico is trying to dump their problem on us.

If Mexico wants to be so generous, they can pay for it, rather than passing the problem to us. If they don't want to pay for it, they don't have to allow them into Mexico in the first place.

And your argument about Mexico deporting more than the US does in BS. It's common knowledge that their immigration laws are more harsh than ours. They just don't want to pay for the invading hordes coming from the south, so they allow them to pass through to the US border.

Oh, and as far as "at an all time low", I don't think so.

Southern border crossings by asylum-seeking migrants kept rising in April, set new record

What's that? Chopped Liver?

Comment

I'm not expecting them to.
        Yes, you are.
        They admit people into Mexico at Mexico's southern border. At that point, they are Mexico's problem. By allowing them to pass through to the US border, Mexico is trying to dump their problem on us.
        They deny more than the USA. If people come in -legally-, and then want to move onto the USA, that's your bag, not theirs.
        If Mexico wants to be so generous, they can pay for it, rather than passing the problem to us. If they don't want to pay for it, they don't have to allow them into Mexico in the first place.
        So, as Tood said, you want to dictate their laws, to do exactly what you are complaining about.
        Grow up kid.
        And your argument about Mexico deporting more than the US does in BS. It's common knowledge that their immigration laws are more harsh than ours. They just don't want to pay for the invading hordes coming from the south, so they allow them to pass through to the US border.
        So, it's common knowledge that they do more than you, but it is their fault for not doing ENOUGH for you?
        Why should Mexico pay for your southern border security?

Illegals, by and large don't cross the southern boarder, they overstay visa's and get in via planes.
        Perhaps you should look at facts rather than chasing rabbits??
        Or is that too "grown up" for you?
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          Yes, you are.

They deny more than the USA. If people come in -legally-, and then want to move onto the USA, that's your bag, not theirs.

So, as Tood said, you want to dictate their laws, to do exactly what you are complaining about.
          Grow up kid.

So, it's common knowledge that they do more than you, but it is their fault for not doing ENOUGH for you?
          Why should Mexico pay for your southern border security?

Illegals, by and large don't cross the southern boarder, they overstay visa's and get in via planes.
          Perhaps you should look at facts rather than chasing rabbits??
          Or is that too "grown up" for you?
          These hordes coming up from south of Mexico; the caravans, the situation at our southern border I referred to in the article I posted. These people are overstaying their visas or coming via aircraft?

Comment

I'm not expecting them to. They admit people into Mexico at Mexico's southern border. At that point, they are Mexico's problem. By allowing them to pass through to the US border, Mexico is trying to dump their problem on us.

Oh, and as far as "at an all time low", I don't think so.

Southern border crossings by asylum-seeking migrants kept rising in April, set new record

What's that? Chopped Liver?
            Asylum seeking isn't illegal immigration, that doesn't count because they aren't breaking any laws. Refugees are not immigrants. Your lack of knowledge here is beyond the pale or you really are playing dumb as GF likes to say. And it's nice to just randomly say "BS" when facts that don't align with your opinion and "feelings". Let's drop the feelings and emotions and stick to facts. If you have actual facts of actual immigrants and not refugees present them. Otherwise stop making crap out of your ass.

Fact-deportations are at an all time low. Fact- Mexico does actually have a crises on its border. Fact-Mexico's versions of ICE and CBPS are out manned. Fact-Mexico can't keep up with the influx. Fact-Trump doesn't care, he is using this as a distraction from Mueller's press conference. Fact-Mexico has deported over 70,000 illegals in the past 6 months (Take in per capita counts that is more than the US as far as Central Americans go). Fact- Mexico is under no obligation to deny people visas and permits when said people qualify under existing law. Fact- Mexico is not a North Korea style dictatorship, it cannot police the movement of people in its country or out of its country by constitutional law anymore than the US can. Fact-You equate asylum seekers with illegals, it won't be long before you measure legal immigrants with the same stick. So it doesn't matter what Trump does or says or how illegal or illogical it is. It doesn't matter how impractical it is. As long as it is anti-immigrant you will support it.

These hordes coming up from south of Mexico; the caravans, the situation at our southern border I referred to in the article I posted. These people are overstaying their visas or coming via aircraft?

"Hordes" nice choice of words. Tell me again, how is referring to people as such not any different than hurling insults? What is it that you say about people who resort to insults? Not to mention it is a phrase most commonly used by a certain group of people...
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

They are a nice picture, they are not reality kid.
              Grow up.
              sigpic

Comment

Asylum seeking isn't illegal immigration, that doesn't count because they aren't breaking any laws. Refugees are not immigrants. Your lack of knowledge here is beyond the pale or you really are playing dumb as GF likes to say. And it's nice to just randomly say "BS" when facts that don't align with your opinion and "feelings". Let's drop the feelings and emotions and stick to facts. If you have actual facts of actual immigrants and not refugees present them. Otherwise stop making crap out of your ass.
                He is just dumb, nuff said.
                Fact-deportations are at an all time low. Fact- Mexico does actually have a crises on its border. Fact-Mexico's versions of ICE and CBPS are out manned. Fact-Mexico can't keep up with the influx. Fact-Trump doesn't care, he is using this as a distraction from Mueller's press conference. Fact-Mexico has deported over 70,000 illegals in the past 6 months (Take in per capita counts that is more than the US as far as Central Americans go). Fact- Mexico is under no obligation to deny people visas and permits when said people qualify under existing law. Fact- Mexico is not a North Korea style dictatorship, it cannot police the movement of people in its country or out of its country by constitutional law anymore than the US can. Fact-You equate asylum seekers with illegals, it won't be long before you measure legal immigrants with the same stick. So it doesn't matter what Trump does or says or how illegal or illogical it is. It doesn't matter how impractical it is. As long as it is anti-immigrant you will support it.
                Do you think he cares?

"Hordes" nice choice of words. Tell me again, how is referring to people as such not any different than hurling insults? What is it that you say about people who resort to insults? Not to mention it is a phrase most commonly used by a certain group of people...
                Horde is not "brown people"
                sigpic

Comment

As I understand international law regarding Asylum seekers, they are people who fear political persecution or death from the powers that be in their own native countries. This does NOT include people who are simply fleeing a tanked economy. So in the vast majority of cases, you can throw the "refugee" argument out with yesterday's trash. It's completely bogus.

In the second place, as I understand it, the refugee from legitimate persecution must seek shelter in the first country he lands in where he is out of reach of the political authority he is fleeing. They don't get to pick and choose whose welfare system they want to tap. So BS on that count, too.

If Mexico decides to allow them into Mexico at their southern border, I have no issue with that. That's Mexico's business.
                  But Mexico should plan to house, feed & clothe them, not allow them passage through so they can land in the US and we have to pay for them.

Comment

You don't understand it, at all. that's the point.
                    sigpic

Comment

As I understand international law regarding Asylum seekers, they are people who fear political persecution or death from the powers that be in their own native countries. This does NOT include people who are simply fleeing a tanked economy. So in the vast majority of cases, you can throw the "refugee" argument out with yesterday's trash. It's completely bogus.
                      No, you don't understand international law regarding Asylum seekers. Read below.

In the second place, as I understand it, the refugee from legitimate persecution must seek shelter in the first country he lands in where he is out of reach of the political authority he is fleeing. They don't get to pick and choose whose welfare system they want to tap. So BS on that count, too.
                      There's no such thing as a legitimate or illegitimate refugee. An asylum seeker goes to a country, asks for asylum, country processes application to see if said seeker actually qualifies for asylum. Nothing illegal here at all. In essence, you are asking Mexico to prevent asylum seekers from seeking asylum in the US which is 100% illegal. Refugees don't become illegal until they decide to stay after their application has been rejected. Which is why asylum seekers are not counted in any form of immigration. But you don't really care about the rule of law so why do I bother?

If Mexico decides to allow them into Mexico at their southern border, I have no issue with that. That's Mexico's business.
                      But Mexico should plan to house, feed & clothe them, not allow them passage through so they can land in the US and we have to pay for them.
                      Once again, Mexico is not North Korea, it can not dictate where people are allowed to go and not to go. The Mexican Constitution (as well as the American one) prohibits such a thing. If someone qualifies to enter Mexico legally, said individuals are not and cannot be forbidden to leave the country or move anywhere within the country (save common sense things like military bases).

You really have no idea of what is going on in Mexico beyond things Trump says, and you know very well he speaks out of his rear end half the time. Back during the campaign, he promised to release his tax records and then gave some BS about Audits (Audits don't prevent you from sharing your tax info to third parties). He regularly contradicts himself all the time. He contradicts his own Government when it comes to facts.

Let me tell you what's going on down there. Mexico is being overrun. It's immigration system simply cannot keep up with the influx. These caravans are literally knocking down border barriers and swimming across the river in large visible numbers. Entire communities have called in state and municipal police (which are kind of like countywide districts within states) to block them from entering towns since their own local cops can't deal with the masses. Deportations are as high as they can physically get. And to be honest, Mexico has bigger fish to fry, like the whole drug war thing...I think you've heard of it. It's kind off a big deal down there that is taking up most of the manpower from cops.

Face it, this is merely a ploy by Trump to dodge and distract from Mueller's little press conference.
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

No, you don't understand international law regarding Asylum seekers. Read below.
                        I don't?
                        From an apparently pro-immigrant site: https://citizenpath.com/asylum-refugee-status/
                        People that have left their home country for their own safety and are afraid to return can be welcomed in the United Status under special legal protections as asylees or refugees.

Although the definition of a refugee or asylee generally includes anyone that has been forced to leave their country in order to escape war, persecution, or natural disaster, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security uses a more narrow definition limited to five types of persecution.
                        Nowhere does that say one word about people fleeing a lousy economy, which the vast majority of the people coming up through Mexico are doing, being eligible for refugee/asylum status.

There's no such thing as a legitimate or illegitimate refugee. An asylum seeker goes to a country, asks for asylum, country processes application to see if said seeker actually qualifies for asylum. Nothing illegal here at all. In essence, you are asking Mexico to prevent asylum seekers from seeking asylum in the US which is 100% illegal. Refugees don't become illegal until they decide to stay after their application has been rejected. Which is why asylum seekers are not counted in any form of immigration. But you don't really care about the rule of law so why do I bother?
                        See above. Most of them do not qualify for refugee status, their entire attempt is bogus.

Once again, Mexico is not North Korea, it can not dictate where people are allowed to go and not to go. The Mexican Constitution (as well as the American one) prohibits such a thing. If someone qualifies to enter Mexico legally, said individuals are not and cannot be forbidden to leave the country or move anywhere within the country (save common sense things like military bases).

You really have no idea of what is going on in Mexico beyond things Trump says, and you know very well he speaks out of his rear end half the time. Back during the campaign, he promised to release his tax records and then gave some BS about Audits (Audits don't prevent you from sharing your tax info to third parties). He regularly contradicts himself all the time. He contradicts his own Government when it comes to facts.

Let me tell you what's going on down there. Mexico is being overrun. It's immigration system simply cannot keep up with the influx. These caravans are literally knocking down border barriers and swimming across the river in large visible numbers. Entire communities have called in state and municipal police (which are kind of like countywide districts within states) to block them from entering towns since their own local cops can't deal with the masses. Deportations are as high as they can physically get. And to be honest, Mexico has bigger fish to fry, like the whole drug war thing...I think you've heard of it. It's kind off a big deal down there that is taking up most of the manpower from cops.
                        So Mexico can't control its own southern border, so it's our problem? I don't think so.
                        These are NOT legitimate refugee/asylum seekers, they don't qualify under the definition. So if Mexico chooses not to or is unable to stop them coming into Mexico at its southern border, they are Mexico's problem, not ours.

Face it, this is merely a ploy by Trump to dodge and distract from Mueller's little press conference.
                        Trump may very well be timing this to distract from other issues. But that has nothing to do with the core issue, stopping these people from coming into the US under false pretenses (illegally).

Comment

The US never signed the 1951 convention on refugees.
                          Spoiler:
                          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Meanwhile in the UK, Trump managed to go on a stupid spree again:

-Insulted Meghan Markle
                            -Insulted the Prince
                            -Insulted (who's next?)

Nobody insults Meghan, she's way too pretty for that.
                            Spoiler:
                            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Don't forget the AT&T boycott
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                                Meanwhile in the UK, Trump managed to go on a stupid spree again:

-Insulted Meghan Markle
                                -Insulted the Prince
                                -Insulted (who's next?)

Nobody insults Meghan, she's way too pretty for that.
                                You really need to stop thinking with your small head. What the hell does someone's attractiveness (or lack thereof) have anything to do with their being insulted?

Anyways, according to CNN, the young lady had apparently fired the first shot...
                                https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/01/opini...imo/index.html
                                In 2016, Meghan Markle told late night TV host Larry Wilmore that then-candidate Donald Trump was "misogynistic...and SO vocal about it."
                                How's that old saying go? Live by the sword, die by the sword?

Or she she supposed to be be given a pass because some folks find her attractive?

Comment

Working...
                                X