• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think history tood is dead
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I heard a snippet on this just before i had to leave for work yesterday.. So when i got back from work, i had to look it up. I was too incensed to post anything last night, so left it to tonight, so i could calm down..

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/13...-texas-school/

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...mtroopers-gun/

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2464792

So apparently, the Texas school admin thought this shirt showing the new Storm troopers, "Glorified violence"..

What the heck over???

In related news, a Head master at a school in Brooklin says no more to thanks giving, Christmas AND saying the pledge of allegiance..
      So i guess that dean is ok working on Dec the 25th at REGULAR pay!

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        So apparently, the Texas school admin thought this shirt showing the new Storm troopers, "Glorified violence"..

What the heck over???
        He secretly hates star wars. Considering though that the policy is described as "strictly no symbol of violence" it's questionable that the parents didn't foresee this. I don't exactly attend school there, but to me it reads like all sorts of things would be forbidden under such a policy, including baseball bats (even if you're just a fan) or just pictures of people in fighting poses. So, they should've seen this coming a mile away.

Comment

I heard a snippet on this just before i had to leave for work yesterday.. So when i got back from work, i had to look it up. I was too incensed to post anything last night, so left it to tonight, so i could calm down..

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/13...-texas-school/

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...mtroopers-gun/
          I think I see your problem, and it has nothing to do with SW, or a shirt, or even the story.
          Try changing the channel.

In related news, a Head master at a school in Brooklin says no more to thanks giving, Christmas AND saying the pledge of allegiance..
          December 25 is a secular holiday (same as Easter) in the US, it holds no specific benefit for anyone, most people in retail could tell you that.
          You -do- know that many people who fled to the US were doing so to escape religious persecution right?
          To get freedom for -and from- religion?

Forget the constitution, you don't even know why you came to the "New World" for.
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Well, technically speaking the dark side was moddelled on WWII german soldiers and Nazi's.

What the heck over???
            Indeed.

But wait, Thanksgiving is an American national holiday, is it not? It's country-bound.
            Pledge of Allegiance -- patriotism at its finest, and a wee bit old-fashioned if you ask me, but typically American (and a dozen other countries (with a dictatorship in place)).

Christmas... for all I care they can do away with that. Cause I doubt the other religions' equivalent gets the same treatment anyway.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
              He secretly hates star wars. Considering though that the policy is described as "strictly no symbol of violence" it's questionable that the parents didn't foresee this. I don't exactly attend school there, but to me it reads like all sorts of things would be forbidden under such a policy, including baseball bats (even if you're just a fan) or just pictures of people in fighting poses. So, they should've seen this coming a mile away.
              One of the news sites comments had a father saying his daughter often wears shirts of rap groups which glorify violence against women.. His son wears shirts of demolition derbies.. So why are THEY ok, but a pic of a storm trooper holding a blaster is not?

Comment

One of the news sites comments had a father saying his daughter often wears shirts of rap groups which glorify violence against women.. His son wears shirts of demolition derbies.. So why are THEY ok, but a pic of a storm trooper holding a blaster is not?
                You expect logical behavior from these idiots? It's never the "what" that is offensive, it is the "who might be offended", and "who is doing the offending".

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                  You expect logical behavior from these idiots? It's never the "what" that is offensive, it is the "who might be offended", and "who is doing the offending".

They're Texan. They get spooked easily. First clocks, now T-shirts. Tomorrow it will be paper clips.
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

Ok. So the rules aren't that strict. Interesting. I go back to "he secretly hates star wars"

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post

They're Texan. They get spooked easily. First clocks, now T-shirts. Tomorrow it will be paper clips.
                      You know as well as I do, that any MacGuyver wannabe can do just about anything with a paperclip.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                        Ok. So the rules aren't that strict. Interesting. I go back to "he secretly hates star wars"
                        Or he really didn't know what was printed on the shirt - he saw only a weapon and a soldier. Maybe he really meant well.
                        CARPE DIEM
                        ANJA

Comment

With the new Star Wars film in theatre -- I doubt that were the case.

It takes quite a bit of under-a-rock-living not to get buried underneath all the Star Wars merchandise and film-related stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                            Or he really didn't know what was printed on the shirt - he saw only a weapon and a soldier. Maybe he really meant well.
                            If he meant well, he would have kept his mouth shut and minded his own business.

Comment

So, I guess England has their version of the OJ Simpson farce.

How the hell does this guy get off?

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/12...-and-fell.html

A millionaire businessman has been found not guilty of rape after claiming he accidentally penetrated her when he tripped and fell.

Ehsan Abdulaziz, 46, was initially accused of forcing himself on the 18-year-old as she slept on a couch at his London flat after a night of drinking.

The Saudi property developer said he had already had sex with the young woman’s 24-year-old friend and it was possible his penis may have been poking out of his underwear when he tripped.

Comment

lol @ the stupid texan teacher & the starwars tshirt incident

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                                So, I guess England has their version of the OJ Simpson farce.

How the hell does this guy get off?

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/12...-and-fell.html
                                hoho! UK! the same country where some poor sod gets jail time for wearing an anti-government t-shirt (freedom of speech down the ****hole), where another chap gets 1 full year jail for making a bomb alert prank call (not even a prank at that) and where an unarmed commoner gets shot & his killers get away scott-free without even being judged by a popular jury in other words a pre-arranged trial (cf. Harry Stanley)

V for Vendetta ring a bell anyone? capitalist police state etc. getting damn close to it anyway
                                Last edited by SoulReaver; 17 December 2015, 03:58 PM. Reason: sp

Comment

Working...
                                X