This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
    I want a clear response that you are actually endorsing a convicted felon commiting a crime.

Will you do that?
    Thing is, and this will be settled by the courts, citizen's arrest is not a crime. It is a perfectly legal activity. This group is merely detaining them till they are turned over to the authorities. That is a legal citizens arrest. Apprehending a lawbreaker and calling the cops. The only reason there is any question is that it's illegal immigration related.

I don't support whatever criminal activity he may have committed in the past, but I do support this current activity.

And I don't care what the guy looks like.

Why do you support the criminal activity of sneaking into the country?

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      Thing is, and this will be settled by the courts, citizen's arrest is not a crime. It is a perfectly legal activity. This group is merely detaining them till they are turned over to the authorities. That is a legal citizens arrest. Apprehending a lawbreaker and calling the cops.
      I read a bit about the subject and you're correct, seems like militias are in a legal grey area but there's some rules to follow still, in the States that they are permitted. Militias are not allowed to:

1- impersonate police officers
      2- point guns at migrants

It's been heavily documented that those armed-militias are guilty of both, wearing fake badges and yelling ''policia, policia!'' but prosecutors won't touch those cases with a 10 foot pole.

The only reason there is any question is that it's illegal immigration related.
      Because those militias only operate on immigration matters. It's a pretext to make their racist dreams and conspiracy theories a reality. This is just another version of KKK style white supremacists, which works in collaboration with those militias, acting on pseudo-legal grounds.

Give me a couple examples of militias protecting grocery stores or enforcing traffic laws and I'll believe you.

I don't support whatever criminal activity he may have committed in the past, but I do support this current activity.

And I don't care what the guy looks like.
      Okay at least there's that. But you got to admit he looks like some western cliché, a villain straight out of the local Sheriff's jail. You can almost hear him yelling '' WHERE ARE YOU MARSHAAAAAAAAAAAL?? ''

Why do you support the criminal activity of sneaking into the country?
      Why do you make fallacious statements, again? I say let the trained authorities deal with them, it's only a matter of time before one of those militia-men accidentally (or not) fire their weapon and kill some of them. They are not trained for that.

From my perspective those guys are terrorists resorting to kidnapping motivated by political ideology. You know damn well there's been debates for Cthulhu knows how long about the interpretation of the 2nd Amendment. Enjoy it while it lasts.
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Why do you make fallacious statements, again? I say let the trained authorities deal with them, it's only a matter of time before one of those militia-men accidentally (or not) fire their weapon and kill some of them. They are not trained for that.
        Did you not read my original post?

Oh, this is gonna be a nice firefight in the courts

A militia group detained migrants at the border. The ACLU calls it kidnapping

The principle of citizen's arrest is quite sound, so I think the private militia is on firm legal ground. That said, it's guaranteed to wind up being fought out in the courts. Hopefully not the 9th Circus, though.

But the more important aspect is that if the govt. won't enforce our borders, groups like this will. And eventually, it will get violent.

The govt. better get off its arse and do its job.
        I would be quite happy if the govt. would start doing its job. But since it won't, Kudos to anyone who steps in and picks up the slack.
        Last edited by Annoyed; 26 April 2019, 06:29 AM.

Comment

You forgot to add the part about only enforcing the laws you care about. You are perfectly fine with people breaking laws that you Don't care about or like
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Did you not read my original post?

I would be quite happy if the govt. would start doing its job. But since it won't, Kudos to anyone who steps in and picks up the slack.
            So Trump didn't send the National Guard to the border and BPS is not blocking hundreds of thousands of illegal entries each year? ICE hasn't been deporting hundreds of thousands of illegals since it was created back in Bush Jr's administration? There aren't barriers and monitor stations on the border? It seems to me that the US government is and has been doing a whole lot of enforcement. But let's cut to the chase here. This undercuts your entire premise that illegal immigrants should be deported because of the rule of law when you yourself do not even believe in the rule of law.

Someone get Jelgate a few truckloads of bacon. This is a new level of hypocrisy from Annoyed.
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
              So Trump didn't send the National Guard to the border and BPS is not blocking hundreds of thousands of illegal entries each year? ICE hasn't been deporting hundreds of thousands of illegals since it was created back in Bush Jr's administration? There aren't barriers and monitor stations on the border? It seems to me that the US government is and has been doing a whole lot of enforcement. But let's cut to the chase here. This undercuts your entire premise that illegal immigrants should be deported because of the rule of law when you yourself do not even believe in the rule of law.

Someone get Jelgate a few truckloads of bacon. This is a new level of hypocrisy from Annoyed.
              If that is the case; ICE/BPS are effectively blocking the border, why do we still have what law enforcement currently describes as a crisis on our southern border? Why are we getting caravan after caravan of people entering the country under false asylum claims?

Comment

If that is the case; ICE/BPS are effectively blocking the border, why do we still have what law enforcement currently describes as a crisis on our southern border? Why are we getting caravan after caravan of people entering the country under false asylum claims?
                Because SA is a sh*tshow right now but somehow the Dems are to blame. Just goes to show how gullible you are and easily manipulated by use of your fears of immigration.
                Spoiler:
                I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by chaka-z0 View Post
                  because sa is a sh*tshow right now but somehow the dems are to blame. Just goes to show how gullible you are and easily manipulated by use of your fears of immigration.
                  sa ?

Comment

Let me get this straight, Immigration laws aren't being enforced because there are illegal immigrants in the US and people more keep trying to come in illegally? By that logic no laws in the US are being enforced at all. If the fact that a law is being broken at any given rate means that there is no enforcement, then that means that all laws are unenforced because all crimes still happen in the US. There have been and continue to be thousands of murders in the US therefore, Homicide detectives are not doing their jobs. There are and continue to be thousands of rapes in the US, therefore Sex Crimes detectives are not doing their job. Do you see how inherently bad that line of logic or rather that argument is?

As for caravans? I need a news source that shows a caravan entering the US otherwise you are blatantly making things up. We haven't gotten one caravan, you must be confusing the US with Mexico. If anything the crisis at the border is proof of enforcement. All the caravans stop at the border or before they even get there. You are really not making any sense here at all.
                    By Nolamom
                    sigpic

Comment

sa ?
                      South America
                      Spoiler:

Comment

South America
                        You mean Venezuela? Not many of them are coming up here. Most have been going to other South American countries, the few that go outside of South America like to Spain, the US, and Mexico tend to have more money with themselves. In fact in Mexico City a lot of Venezuelan professionals have begun finding themselves in new careers, businesses or stable jobs.
                        By Nolamom
                        sigpic

Comment

South America
                          Because SA is a sh*tshow right now but somehow the Dems are to blame. Just goes to show how gullible you are and easily manipulated by use of your fears of immigration.
                          Have I ever blamed the sorry state of South America on the Democrats or anyone else in the US for that matter?

That mess is their own, not ours. Although some people like to blame the US for everything. For example, didn't Venezuela just crash because of their own government's policies?

Comment

Read a history book
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              Read a history book
                              He won't it's govt propaganda, remember the posters in the classroom?
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Nah. He probably probably go on an uninformed r about liberal revisionist history.
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X