Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

incidentally didn't the US just cut aid to Mexico various "mexican countries"

unless Don wants to further encourage citizens of said countries from emigrating to the US I'm not sure what he's hoping to achieve

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
      Is it criminal?
      That's the issue
      Is it enough?
      That's politics
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
        Is it enough?
        That's politics
        True.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

So, you demand Mexico defends your southern border?
          What's in it for them?
          Oh and if even YOU recognize he is stalling, what's the emergency?
          At this time, the majority of the stream of illegals is coming from nations south of Mexico.
          So it's really simple. If they allow them to enter Mexico at their southern border, they are Mexico's problem, not ours. By allowing them to pass through Mexico to our southern border, they are in effect just passing the buck.

And that is why he's being an idiot. It is a national emergency; he needs to slam the door shut NOW, no more waiting, no more BS.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
            no need to: he really did hug those women & various other non-sexual stuff

now this is settled back to the real stuff - Trump Kav sexual assault etc.
            No, the real stuff is getting back to investigating Hillary, Obama and the rest of the Democrats.

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
            from their nation? so you expect Mexico to stop their citizens from escaping?
            build an East Germany style wall?

commie
            Haven't I been advocating a wall on our southern border?

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
              At this time, the majority of the stream of illegals is coming from nations south of Mexico.
              So it's really simple. If they allow them to enter Mexico at their southern border, they are Mexico's problem, not ours. By allowing them to pass through Mexico to our southern border, they are in effect just passing the buck.
              But they don't want to stay in Mexico, they are just passing through.
              You are asking a foreign nation to guard your fence, while at the same time treating them like garbage.
              Are you surprised?
              And that is why he's being an idiot. It is a national emergency; he needs to slam the door shut NOW, no more waiting, no more BS.
              You are totally unware of the ripple effects of that decision.
              You can do it, it's your right as a nation, no argument.
              When you are like a big Cuba, stuck in the present when the whole world wizzes past at rates beyond actual Cuba, you might actually learn something, but I doubt it.
              This time it won't take 60 years, more like 6.
              sigpic

Comment

No, the real stuff is getting back to investigating Hillary, Obama and the rest of the Democrats.
                Bah, 30 years ago, just he said she said stuff.
                No need to investigate anything.

Yes you did.
                Commie.
                sigpic

Comment

But they don't want to stay in Mexico, they are just passing through.
                  You are asking a foreign nation to guard your fence, while at the same time treating them like garbage.
                  Are you surprised?
                  That's too bad. Where they want to stay is irrelevant. Once out of range of political persecution in their home country, refugees have no right to enter any other country. They are no longer refugees. Wasn't it settled in European refugee arguments that the refugee has no right to the country of his choice? And don't start on that crap about economic refugees. Fleeing a tanked economy is not included in the definition of refugee.

We need to lock our southern border down, period. If Mexico chooses to allow them to enter Mexico via their southern border, shouldn't it be on Mexico to feed, clothe and house them?

How about this? Have Australia start sending ships for them, they can all go to AU and you folks can support them. If AU isn't willing to do that, what the hell right do you have to insist that we take them in?

You are totally unware of the ripple effects of that decision.
                  You can do it, it's your right as a nation, no argument.
                  When you are like a big Cuba, stuck in the present when the whole world wizzes past at rates beyond actual Cuba, you might actually learn something, but I doubt it.
                  This time it won't take 60 years, more like 6.
                  Yes, there will be negative effects of closing our southern border. But in my opinion, the effects of not closing it are worse.

Comment

This again? That'll probably be Trump's last words on his deathbed.

*Grabs Junior's arm violently* But . Her emails... *Dies*
                    Spoiler:
                    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

This again? That'll probably be Trump's last words on his deathbed.

*Grabs Junior's arm violently* But . Her emails... *Dies*
                      Taken seriously, you're probably right.
                      The Democrats now want to investigate Barr and the others that didn't find evidence of collusion, the Republicans want to go back to Hillary/etc..

This will probably be the way of it for the foreseeable future.

Comment

The Democrats now want to investigate Barr and the others that didn't find evidence of collusion
                        Barf is corrupt AF so investigating him's legit

, the Republicans want to go back to Hillary/etc..
                        who's Hillary

Comment

Barr cleaned up Reagans Iran contra deals, so he has a history.
                          sigpic

Comment

Barr cleaned up Reagans Iran contra deals, so he has a history.
                            I mean it still baffles me to this day that such important judicial positions are still held by politically influenced individuals. Same goes for the case we talked about a couple days back in Canada(about the 10k job loss). The PG should not be the Minister of Justice, the Brits fixed that a long time ago and that position is now independant.

Question is... (bc I know you'll say that), how can the 'Muricans change that? I don't think it's possible, their whole justice system is messed up.
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Annoyed's example is vacuous, he prolly called pizzapizza and got offended for pressing 1.

As for the principle, he's dead on target on that one and it is a just and fair position that should never be open to negotiations. I'm a Quebecer living in Quebec, an unilingual French province, and I would never accept to be compelled to "select French" anytime I was to use a private or public service. I am also not offended when I go to Ontario and must communicate in English, French being optional. Our ancestors fought dearly for this very right, and history has show how much we must never take it for granted and fight to defend it, or risk being assimilated.

(sorry I got a bit carried away but im strictly sticking on the language aspect)
                              Yours is a completely different situation. But if I were to take your situation then why shouldn't Southwest US have Spanish options? Their names are Spanish to begin with and so are the names of many of their oldest cities and towns and geographical features and have always had Spanish speaking populations since before the US was even a country.

Maybe because he's not stupid enough to effectively end the bulk of trade with the US's third largest trading partner that could lead to catastrophic economic collapse? For starters 1.2 million workers will be out of a job almost instantly. The ripple effect would take many more jobs as companies have to contract to make up in the loss of those workers' economic activity (hard to buy goods and services from your local producers if you don't have a job all of a sudden). Entire border towns and communities would collapse soon after. American investments in Mexico would also be hurt (and they are huge) causing further waves of unemployment as those companies begin to contract to make up for the loss.

Then there's the massive impact in prices on a large number of products as imports (A lot of goods from Mexico come in over the border, it'd take a while to transfer that flow to ships and planes but that would be more expensive). US Exports to Mexico will also suffer, causing more layoffs. You are also looking at destroying the private pension plans of millions of Americans. And this whole thing will only stop legal crossings. Why would this do anything to impact illegal crossings? All you are doing is telling people who follow the rules that they can't come in anymore because other people are breaking the rules.
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

The sense, it hurts!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X