X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

''politically correct''

What's that smell Jel?
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      I call BS on Annoyed. Just another conspiracy theory
      Correct, that's conspiracy derangement (I'm done calling giving lunatics the privilege of elevating their nonsense to the bar of "theory") garbage. Surprise!

The truth is, the charges were dropped in exchange for forfeiture of his bond, and him agreeing to do community service. Effectively, he pleaded guilty, skipped the trial, and got the punishment.

If there's any "conspiracy" here at all, it's the ingrained bias in the judiciary toward preferential treatment of the wealthy. "Politically correct" my foot.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        Correct, that's conspiracy derangement (I'm done calling giving lunatics the privilege of elevating their nonsense to the bar of "theory") garbage. Surprise!

The truth is, the charges were dropped in exchange for forfeiture of his bond, and him agreeing to do community service. Effectively, he pleaded guilty, skipped the trial, and got the punishment.

If there's any "conspiracy" here at all, it's the ingrained bias in the judiciary toward preferential treatment of the wealthy. "Politically correct" my foot.
        Do you have reliable news source for that info? And no, social networking is not a reliable news source, it's a collection of idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          Do you have reliable news source for that info? And no, social networking is not a reliable news source, it's a collection of idiots.
          Says the guy quoting an article from an agency literally filled with MAGA baloneys writing ''news pieces''. Well, it's new if you've never heard it before right?
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
            Which proves MG's point, both sides are flip sides of the same coin, playing games with politics that affects millions.
            You are missing the point I was trying to make to annoyed.
            For DECADES the hard right of the republican party has manipulated, lied, cheated and stolen elections, and the centrist right has played along because it serves them and they can claim "no collusion".
            The hard left is now doing the same thing, and republicans are now claiming it's unfair.
            THIS is what I tried to warn annoyed about, you will not like it when the left plays by your rules because descending to that level WILL make it flip sides of a coin, and that the desired result, total polerization.
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

It's your leaders favoured way to communicate.
              Guess he is one of the idiots as well?
              sigpic

Comment

I've already done your research for you. If you can't take 30 seconds to Google (or 3 seconds to click), that's on you.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Sounds like those millennials he rages against
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

I've already done your research for you. If you can't take 30 seconds to Google (or 3 seconds to click), that's on you.
                    Ignorance allows you to attack blindly.
                    sigpic

Comment

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...326-story.html

It doesn't sound like he pleaded guilty to me. Something stinks to high heaven here.

Comment

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...326-story.html

It doesn't sound like he pleaded guilty to me. Something stinks to high heaven here.
                        Nothing stinks, looks like his lawyers broke a deal with the prosecutor.
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                          Nothing stinks, looks like his lawyers broke a deal with the prosecutor.
                          Which qualifies as stinks. I don't care if it's his money or his race(political correctness), this stinks. It's a corruption of the justice system.

And you'll note the local police authorities tend to think it stinks too, and I'll presume they know more than you or I do.

Comment

Nothing new. Lawyers strike pleas all the time that the police dont like. More than likely it wasn't enough evidence to convict. Seems more likely than some shady political dealing
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

How much you want to bet racial considerations had a great deal to do with this?

If not, she shouldn't have dropped the charges to simply to prevent the appearance of impropriety.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-actor-n987701

Kimberly Foxx, the first African-American woman to serve as Cook County state's attorney in Chicago, found herself under fire Tuesday after her office stunned the country by suddenly dropping all charges against “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett.

The state's attorney's office announced its decision to drop the charges just weeks after he was indicted on 16 felony counts of filing a false police report in connection with his claim to be the victim of a hate crime in January.

Foxx had recused herself from the racially-charged case last month, before Smollett was charged, and handed it over to her deputy, with a representative of her office saying at the time the recusal "was made to address potential questions of impartiality based upon familiarity with potential witnesses in the case."

It was later reported by the Chicago Sun-Times that Tina Tchen, a Chicago lawyer and former chief of staff to first lady Michelle Obama, had put Foxx in touch with members of Jussie Smollet's family days after he told police he was the victim of a homophobic, racist attack.
                              Maybe Smollett has been taking lessons from Tawana Brawley?

[edit] This just keeps getting better and better.

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/us/20...sot-nr-vpx.cnn

The prosecutor who dropped the charges against Jussie Smollett said he still believes the actor lied to the police about the racist and homophobic attack he allegedly staged in Chicago in January.
                              Last edited by Annoyed; 27 March 2019, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Something stinks to high heaven here.
                                not as much as the sham russia investigation where everything stinks

Comment

Working...
                                X