• Show
Clear All

Put on your I Don't Care jacket
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
      Be best, unless you are my husband.
      What? I assume that's a reference I'm not picking up on.

Comment

It's a mocking of the First Lady's social program and the hypocrisy of Trump
        Jelgate is right

Comment

There is stupid, then there is the above post.
          If it truly happens as noted, then it won't be so stupid afterall. Deja vu.
          History repeats itself by those who refused to learn from past time eras and the deeds committed then.
          This time, focus will be on the (current) USA as the new (WWII) European model for gov't tactics. . . .

Comment

There is stupid, then there is the above post.
            They shifted from Soros the Antichrist to Nazi Democrats. Is this the new season of Supernatural?
            Spoiler:
            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

I gave up a long time ago trying to make sense of Sgalisa.
              Jelgate is right

Comment

considering Trump of 666th avenue is the antichrist & the neocons are yuge fans of nazi methods this is all the more ironic but expected: accuse the other camp of their own vices

(also Charles KOCH is basically what the neocons claim Soros is)

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                  So, one of the freshman House Democrats issues anti-semitic remarks, prompting the House to create a resolution denouncing hate speech.

But their resolution doesn't even mention the offender, Rep. Ilhan Omar!

Imagine their outrage and response if this had been a Republican.
                  Funnier still, the resolution was so comprehensively sanitized of any mention of Omar, anti-Semitism or association with the Democrats that Omar herself, ostensibly the target of the resolution, voted in favor!
                  If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Isn't this gonna be a nice little stinkfishpot.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/college-e...-exam-cheating

How much you want to bet that when this plays out, those involved get a slap on the wrists, if that?

Comment

Witch hunt!!
                      sigpic
                      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Isn't this gonna be a nice little stinkfishpot.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/college-e...-exam-cheating

How much you want to bet that when this plays out, those involved get a slap on the wrists, if that?
                        Not surprised about the cheating. But am surprised that there are that many unscrupulous parents pushing their kids into exclusive schools... for what? Just being a popular name that goes to the top of most resume entries, because the university attended has a hot-shot name?

I've seen lots of employees come at a specialized job field... and leave or get "let go" because their resumes didn't cough up to what they were hailed to be. Some people bluffed their way into the job, and either got too bored, or realized they were getting involved with work WAYYYYYYYYYY over their head, or their new bosses realized they had a "Live" one to give mega-training to, from scratch (rock bottom level of the learning skills). Yikes!

(Hey, I lucked out in the *brainless* filing department in the above office setting, and hung in partly because the Unemployment office didn't want to see me show up again, after being laid off prior to getting hired at that new place... and partly because my coworkers liked keeping me there... Worked my way up, not by choice, but because my bosses kept leaving for better jobs or life elsewhere...and I ended up doing *their* work, in the meantime! Plus, I didn't have to drive too far, so it was a nice convenience there...bathroom issues in long drives aren't very tolerable for me...)

With that note...
                        What is the point in going to an exclusive college or university if (generic) your actual grades don't add up to what your career goal or talent skills are required for in the real world? There are only so many times a cheating student can fake out in their REAL employer's job.

College level-wise, some people get lucky going for high tech jobs, as they ACED complex courses that required amazing Chemistry/math level skills (I work with a few of those types of people... they like to brag about those multi-superior skills of theirs...basically, it's a power-play braggart or *something*). While in college, those same people were partying-hardy too, before and after their work hire. But other folks struggle with memorization of educational materials, and are super challenged trying to figure out answers to difficult questions / scenarios, and flounder their way into jobs hoping their lack of superior skills don't become a major problem or issue in whatever job they do get hired at. And then, there are the true duds, who don't care, and don't put any effort into working at all.

When I went to (a *nobody* named) college, I had to pay for my own education and struggled to get good grades (at an easy-to-study at institution), while I watched numerous other classmates bomb out on their class grades. Many of these particular classmates were often NOT the ones *paying* for their upper education...some parent or relative was paying the bills (the kids attending their higher education didn't care about it). And while some of their grades suffered, their social life in drinking and partying soared.

So, what is the point in going to a college, any college...with an elitist name or a smaller known named, if the student doesn't put much effort into their education.. But focuses more on partying-hardy and later brags about attending Yale, or Princeton, Cambridge, Oxford, or some other famous named university..? Nevermind about the extreme financial costs, but what good are credits given, when the brains weren't much in there to begin with?

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                          Not surprised about the cheating. But am surprised that there are that many unscrupulous parents pushing their kids into exclusive schools... for what? Just being a popular name that goes to the top of most resume entries, because the university attended has a hot-shot name?

I've seen lots of employees come at a specialized job field... and leave or get "let go" because their resumes didn't cough up to what they were hailed to be. Some people bluffed their way into the job, and either got too bored, or realized they were getting involved with work WAYYYYYYYYYY over their head, or their new bosses realized they had a "Live" one to give mega-training to, from scratch (rock bottom level of the learning skills). Yikes!

(Hey, I lucked out in the *brainless* filing department in the above office setting, and hung in partly because the Unemployment office didn't want to see me show up again, after being laid off prior to getting hired at that new place... and partly because my coworkers liked keeping me there... Worked my way up, not by choice, but because my bosses kept leaving for better jobs or life elsewhere...and I ended up doing *their* work, in the meantime! Plus, I didn't have to drive too far, so it was a nice convenience there...bathroom issues in long drives aren't very tolerable for me...)

With that note...
                          What is the point in going to an exclusive college or university if (generic) your actual grades don't add up to what your career goal or talent skills are required for in the real world? There are only so many times a cheating student can fake out in their REAL employer's job.

College level-wise, some people get lucky going for high tech jobs, as they ACED complex courses that required amazing Chemistry/math level skills (I work with a few of those types of people... they like to brag about those multi-superior skills of theirs...basically, it's a power-play braggart or *something*). While in college, those same people were partying-hardy too, before and after their work hire. But other folks struggle with memorization of educational materials, and are super challenged trying to figure out answers to difficult questions / scenarios, and flounder their way into jobs hoping their lack of superior skills don't become a major problem or issue in whatever job they do get hired at. And then, there are the true duds, who don't care, and don't put any effort into working at all.

When I went to (a *nobody* named) college, I had to pay for my own education and struggled to get good grades (at an easy-to-study at institution), while I watched numerous other classmates bomb out on their class grades. Many of these particular classmates were often NOT the ones *paying* for their upper education...some parent or relative was paying the bills (the kids attending their higher education didn't care about it). And while some of their grades suffered, their social life in drinking and partying soared.

So, what is the point in going to a college, any college...with an elitist name or a smaller known named, if the student doesn't put much effort into their education.. But focuses more on partying-hardy and later brags about attending Yale, or Princeton, Cambridge, Oxford, or some other famous named university..? Nevermind about the extreme financial costs, but what good are credits given, when the brains weren't much in there to begin with?
                          A large part of it is an extension of what I said last week; It's not what you learn in school, it's that you "paid your dues" by going.
                          The higher the payment to the educational industry, the better your job is afterwards, regardless of whether or not your schooling is even relevant.

Comment

A large part of it is an extension of what I said last week; It's not what you learn in school, it's that you "paid your dues" by going.
                            The higher the payment to the educational industry, the better your job is afterwards, regardless of whether or not your schooling is even relevant.
                            In your little fantasy world of conspiracies and lepricons.

I'll use your own words, you don't live there you don't know best.
                            Spoiler:
                            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Since we're on the lepricon topic, here's a good one for you tinfoilhatters.

#FakeMelania

A double is walking by his side in Alabama. He even tweeted about it. Must be real.
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Why am I not surprised that this started in Calif?

How the college admission scandal that hit Hollywood and Stanford got its start in Sacramento

Doesn't anything good come out of that godforsaken state ?

Comment

Working...
                                X