This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Let's put it another way, she was asking for it.
    A famous radio show host from Québec City got fired a few years back for saying that (quoted) about a teenager. Poor girl (I think she was 14?) was raped and he said it was her fault because she dressed like a s***.

Faith in humanity lost.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      Oh yeah the women was at fault for being upskirted. Brilliant logic there but then you have GOP critters saying women are at fault too when they get raped.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/personal-foul/
      What the sh*t! I just read that article, this can't be real.

Rape is kinda like the weather, it's inevitable. If you can't stop it relax and enjoy it.

funny.jpeg
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
        A famous radio show host from Québec City got fired a few years back for saying that (quoted) about a teenager. Poor girl (I think she was 14?) was raped and he said it was her fault because she dressed like a s***.

Faith in humanity lost.
        I lost that probably before you were hatched. (Lizards are hatched, right? )

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
          What the sh*t! I just read that article, this can't be real.

Rape is kinda like the weather, it's inevitable. If you can't stop it relax and enjoy it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42839[/ATTACH]
          Oh, I believe it. A great percentage of the male population is little better than cavemen when it comes to class in the dating/relations with opposite sex arena.

Funny thing is, quite often it seems the more crude the male, the more women go for them. That I cannot understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
            Funny thing is, quite often it seems the more crude the male, the more women go for them. That I cannot understand.
            BC ladies don't like betas
            Spoiler:

Comment

Meanwhile in China, a Canadian is sentenced to death for BS drug smuggling accusations. A twitter report of the audience reveals that in China's courts, observers are not even allowed to bring paper and pen to take notes. The prosecutors presented their proof using a couple PowerPoint slides, supposedly.

Are we done being the US scapegoat for arresting Meng on extradition orders?

Speaking at a daily news briefing in Beijing, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying said Canada's "so-called allies could be counted on 10 fingers" and that they do not represent "the entire international community."

"I can very clearly state that we are not worried in the slightest," Hua said of the mounting outcry, adding that a majority of Chinese supported severe punishment for drug crimes.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/chi...dian-1.4980001

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/sch...hina-1.4976959
              Spoiler:

Comment

This argument was valid in the 19th century and prior. ''She bewitched meh Ma'Lord!''
                Spoiler:

Comment

I never said it was the woman's fault she was upskirted. In fact, I said the upskirter should be prosecuted.

But like it or not, not wearing a skirt is an effective solution to the problem.

Let's put it another way. Wouldn't it be pretty stupid to walk down a dark alley in a seedy section of any large city with a wad of $1000 dollar bills in each hand? Of course it would. It's a criminal offense for someone to rob you (or worse), but it's still a damned stupid thing to do.
                  If all of a sudden women stopped wearing skirts like that, these men would find a substitute for that behavior that is just as bad if not worse. Most women don't go down shady streets dressed in short skirts late at night all alone, and most women who get raped weren't raped when walking down said street dressed in such a fashion.

Victim blaming means justifying the perp and letting said perp off the hook as a result of said justification. Pointing out that a course of action is risky and that most people would avoid said action because of the risks is not victim blaming. On the other hand, I do agree that it is not best to walk with wads of cash in my hands at night in the bad part of town. On the other hand why shouldn't I live in a world where I could do that without worry? The same applies to women who wish to dress in skirts for whatever reason, why shouldn't they be able to without having to consider the threat being violated? It's not out of hand to ask that question and attempt to change things so that one could do either of the two.
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                    If all of a sudden women stopped wearing skirts like that, these men would find a substitute for that behavior that is just as bad if not worse. Most women don't go down shady streets dressed in short skirts late at night all alone, and most women who get raped weren't raped when walking down said street dressed in such a fashion.

Victim blaming means justifying the perp and letting said perp off the hook as a result of said justification. Pointing out that a course of action is risky and that most people would avoid said action because of the risks is not victim blaming. On the other hand, I do agree that it is not best to walk with wads of cash in my hands at night in the bad part of town. On the other hand why shouldn't I live in a world where I could do that without worry? The same applies to women who wish to dress in skirts for whatever reason, why shouldn't they be able to without having to consider the threat being violated? It's not out of hand to ask that question and attempt to change things so that one could do either of the two.
                    Ideally, a woman should be able to walk down the street wearing a skirt, just as the guy should be able to walk around with money in his hands.

Our society has been sick to the point where the guy with the cash is likely to get robbed for a long time now. Not doing so is considered common sense by most folks.

But by now, our society has degraded to the point where it is just as foolish for a woman to wear a skirt or a low cut dress that will likewise attract attention, for that matter.

This is the reality of the world we live in. Ideal or not, that's what it is.

Comment

Ideally, a woman should be able to walk down the street wearing a skirt, just as the guy should be able to walk around with money in his hands.

Our society has been sick to the point where the guy with the cash is likely to get robbed for a long time now. Not doing so is considered common sense by most folks.

But by now, our society has degraded to the point where it is just as foolish for a woman to wear a skirt or a low cut dress that will likewise attract attention, for that matter.

Thanks for being one of the people who made it that way.
                      Still does not absolve you of victim blaming however.
                      sigpic
                      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                        Thanks for being one of the people who made it that way.
                        Still does not absolve you of victim blaming however.
                        I am NOT one of the people who made it that way. That would be the "if it feels good, do it, anything goes" crowd.

Comment

My point was that you are seeing the tree, but missing the forest. Most of the time when someone says "why wear skirts?" they ignore the bigger picture of just how normalized offensive behavior such as upskirting has become. Taking away the skirts now won't take away the culture that enabled the upskirting to begin with. So those who upskirt will find another way to indulge their perverse inclinations, and I don't mean via mutually consensual activities. In other words, it wouldn't really solve the problem.

You want to solve the problem? You need a complete cultural shift. One where the impetus on modest behavior falls on men as much as it does on women. And also one without contradictions. If women ought not to wear skirts then men ought not to wear shorts. If women ought not to show their belly (bikinis) them men ought not to. If women ought not to show the nipple, then men ought not to as well.

Will this solve everything? No, but it would help. The problem is that societies rarely enforce responsibility of modest behavior equally between the two genders. Take, for example, how "locker room" talk is an excuse for perverse commentary. Or "it's a joke" is an excuse for all sorts of depravity.

When asking "why wear skirts", it rarely stops there. It essentially is a stepping stone to the "she must have been secretly wanting to be harrassed, otherwise she wouldn't have done something stupid like wearing a skirt". If you think about modesty in terms of preventing perverse actions by those who are already perverse, then you miss the mark. Those who are already actively perverse will not be deterred by modest clothing.
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                            My point was that you are seeing the tree, but missing the forest. Most of the time when someone says "why wear skirts?" they ignore the bigger picture of just how normalized offensive behavior such as upskirting has become. Taking away the skirts now won't take away the culture that enabled the upskirting to begin with. So those who upskirt will find another way to indulge their perverse inclinations, and I don't mean via mutually consensual activities. In other words, it wouldn't really solve the problem.

You want to solve the problem? You need a complete cultural shift. One where the impetus on modest behavior falls on men as much as it does on women. And also one without contradictions. If women ought not to wear skirts then men ought not to wear shorts. If women ought not to show their belly (bikinis) them men ought not to. If women ought not to show the nipple, then men ought not to as well.

Will this solve everything? No, but it would help. The problem is that societies rarely enforce responsibility of modest behavior equally between the two genders. Take, for example, how "locker room" talk is an excuse for perverse commentary. Or "it's a joke" is an excuse for all sorts of depravity.

When asking "why wear skirts", it rarely stops there. It essentially is a stepping stone to the "she must have been secretly wanting to be harrassed, otherwise she wouldn't have done something stupid like wearing a skirt". If you think about modesty in terms of preventing perverse actions by those who are already perverse, then you miss the mark. Those who are already actively perverse will not be deterred by modest clothing.
                            I don't think I'm missing either the forest or the trees. I'm saying "the situation exists, and must be taken into account", regardless of whether it is a good situation or not. Absolutely, men (or women, for that matter, I'm sure there are a few that aren't above this sort of behavior) should not be upskirting, downshirting or any other means of engaging in bad behavior of this nature.

But the hard cold reality is that they do. Nothing you, me, the hole in the wall or the skirt down the road is going to change that in the near future.

So if I were female, I would avoid wearing skirts or low cut shirts in public settings where risk of such behavior exists.

As far as standards of dress go, they have and always will be different for women. And women will be the first in line to squawk if you want to change this.

If you look in any office, there will be dress codes, but women are always granted far more leeway then men are, and the standards for women are generally far more relaxed to begin with.

Comment

I don't think I'm missing either the forest or the trees. I'm saying "the situation exists, and must be taken into account", regardless of whether it is a good situation or not.
                              You are an Arsehat, so I guess that situation has to be taken into account as well.
                              Oh, and before you go your usual deflection route, if you were not an arsehat, people would not have to point it out.
                              You are simply asking for it.

OH, and before you whine about free speech, wearing a skirt is free speech you moron, but you are happy to shut that down as well.
                              Absolutely, men (or women, for that matter, I'm sure there are a few that aren't above this sort of behavior) should not be upskirting, downshirting or any other means of engaging in bad behavior of this nature.
                              Downshirting does not exist you fool, but nice go at blaming the victims, yet again. It does however explain your notion of reverse racism, which is just as much victim blaming.
                              But the hard cold reality is that they do. Nothing you, me, the hole in the wall or the skirt down the road is going to change that in the near future.
                              And blacks would never get a vote, nor would women, nor would gender neutrality, but in the last 120 odd years, we as the "western world" have managed to do it, so I guess things can change even with knuckle dragging neaderthals trying everything they can to stop it.
                              So if I were female, I would avoid wearing skirts or low cut shirts in public settings where risk of such behavior exists.
                              If I were you, I would avoid the internet, cause someone will want to do to you what those men want to do to women.
                              As far as standards of dress go, they have and always will be different for women. And women will be the first in line to squawk if you want to change this.
                              Garbage.
                              If you look in any office, there will be dress codes, but women are always granted far more leeway then men are, and the standards for women are generally far more relaxed to begin with.
                              They are "relaxed" because men like looking at T&A, it's got nothing to do with the women, or their desires.
                              sigpic

Comment

I am NOT one of the people who made it that way. That would be the "if it feels good, do it, anything goes" crowd.
                                Yes, yes you are.
                                That "crowd" would never accept your piss-poor reasoning, because they want to change it. All you see is the now, and neither the past or the future, which leaves your reasoning at stupid and ignorant, same way you view the leadership of your nation.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X