This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    It could have, but parents who leave their children behind are rarely doing so with a straight mind and in all clarity.
    That's not an excuse
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post

You asked about a 8 month pregnancy abortion
      phew (for a moment I thought I'd said I was into infanticide)

But nothing keeps parents from aborting in California...where this happened...That is, they could have had an abortion if they wanted one...they could even have had a free one too. And all perfectly legit.
      ok then tbh I don't know what went through their heads
      unless they only noticed the pregnancy once it was too late (if that's possible)

Comment

Actually sorry, I don't think you realize what the implications of that thought lead to.
        I wouldn't have said it, if i hadn't thought about it.

So this happened in California, abortion is legal and readily available there. If they didn't want the kid, there is no reason why they wouldn't have aborted in time. So in order for abortion to have "prevented this" that abortion would have had to be forced on the couple, or the mother more specifically. Just let that chilling prospect sink in for a minute.
        Perhaps, they didn't have the money for it, or they were past the allowed time for an abortion to take place.

You asked about a 8 month pregnancy abortion. I'd have to look for it, but not now, my movie is almost on.[/COLOR]
        Unless something is wrong with the baby and it needs to be born right away, or the mother is in serious lifethreatening danger (and by extension endangering the life of the child) the baby will be born. Not aborted.

No Doctor in modern civilization will abort a baby developped to the point it can live outside of the womb... and even if it has died while in the womb, the baby will still have to be born (by means of a C-section I imagine).

The absolute limit i found for abortions, is 26 weeks. And the qualifications are not easy to meet.

Originally posted by aretood2

But nothing keeps parents from aborting in California...where this happened...That is, they could have had an abortion if they wanted one...they could even have had a free one too. And all perfectly legit.
        Oh well, scratch the "not being able to afford" option then.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        That's not an excuse
        No, it most certainly isn't but sadly the cold harsh truth in most cases.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Planned Parenthood says Colorado shooter opposed abortion

There you go - if no one else is posting about it, then I will.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
            The ACLU is not what you would consider my favorite organization. While once in a blue moon, the take a stance I agree with, most of the time they're fairly left oriented.
            Especially when they seem to spend more time defending illegal aliens FROM us citizens, than the other way around.

Comment

he must be very ProLife
              a quick search reveals he also beat his wife
              so far it's all consistent

(he should've joined ISIS)

Comment

See why abortion is sometimes not so bad... Possibly to avoid situations like these.
                you do know that adoption agencies exist for a reason right?

why is it that it seems like you left-wingers think that the only solution is to kill an unwanted child?

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                  you do know that adoption agencies exist for a reason right?
                  will these provide healthcare & financial assistance for the 9 preceding months?
                  (rhetorical question of course)

also, can you force someone to adopt a kid? else what if no one does?

incidentally:

http://www.lifenews.com/2015/06/26/w...e-an-abortion/

good thing about this sort of story is that it lets us see how much ProLifers really value life

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                    will these provide healthcare & financial assistance for the 9 preceding months?
                    (rhetorical question of course)

also, can you force someone to adopt a kid? else what if no one does?

incidentally:

http://www.lifenews.com/2015/06/26/w...e-an-abortion/

good thing about this sort of story is that it lets us see how much ProLifers really value life
                    a rather unnecessary demand as there exists a pretty extensive support network already for women in crisis pregnacies

Comment

you expect me to accept a source that tends to lean leftward more often than not as a source of anything resembling fact? a source that tends to more often than not lead the way in continually painting Israel as an aggressor while ignoring the fact that much of Israel's use of force is directed at terrorists who were trying to attack them?

Comment

a rather unnecessary demand as there exists a pretty extensive support network already for women in crisis pregnacies
                        private?

Comment

I am surprised we have jumped to conclusions so fast in regards to this poor baby. We have absolutely no knowledge of the situation of the Mother, yet we are debating pro-life/pro choice issues in terms of availability of services?
                          sigpic
                          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

you expect me to accept a source that tends to lean leftward more often than not as a source of anything resembling fact? a source that tends to more often than not lead the way in continually painting Israel as an aggressor while ignoring the fact that much of Israel's use of force is directed at terrorists who were trying to attack them?
                            what does the middle-east situation have to do with the colorado shooting?

how would you have a right-wing paper title it?
                            "brave paladin executes 3 people to defend Sanctity of Life"?

Comment

How long until Trump says we should have a registry for all white non-Muslim males? Oh wait, that's stupid. We all know white non-Muslim males don't go around killing scores of people with guns in the United States, only Muslims do that.
                              he must be very ProLife
                              a quick search reveals he also beat his wife
                              so far it's all consistent

(he should've joined ISIS)
                              Extremists tend to think alike...no matter what end of the spectrum they are from.
                              Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                              I am surprised we have jumped to conclusions so fast in regards to this poor baby. We have absolutely no knowledge of the situation of the Mother, yet we are debating pro-life/pro choice issues in terms of availability of services?
                              FH started it...There's no real debate really. Considering that those services are readily available where the baby was found. The truth is, this has absolutely nothing to do with abortion. Even if people were paid to have abortions and such an action was lauded by 100% of the population, this still would have happened.
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

what does the middle-east situation have to do with the colorado shooting?

how would you have a right-wing paper title it?
                                "brave paladin executes 3 people to defend Sanctity of Life"?
                                just sayin' that since Reuters tends to have a rather heavy leftward bias...you can't expect me to take anything they say as gospel truth

Comment

Working...
                                X