This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the hell?

*Pets his Jameson bottle* do not listen to these fools my love.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Actually, Annoyed is a whiskey fan, but being an American, he probably means bourbon or some blended junk pretending to be a fine malt.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
        Actually, Annoyed is a whiskey fan, but being an American, he probably means bourbon or some blended junk pretending to be a fine malt.
        Like people that call Jack Daniels a whiskey? But I'm more of a rum guy myself.

Drinking rum before the sunset doesn't make you alcoholic, it makes you a pirate.
        Spoiler:
        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post

Drinking rum before the sunset doesn't make you alcoholic, it makes you a pirate.
          So is Jel
          sigpic

Comment

Actually partial to Makers Mark, but I settle for Jack Daniels if I'm not in the mood to drive into the traffic hellhole where the liquor store that handles Maker's is. Takes a good 20 minutes to get into that parking lot, park, buy it, and get out of the lot back into the street.

Absurd that storeowners actually think I'll put up with that much aggravation to go to their store.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
              Fact: If mankind is not the cause of this, and it is a natural process, nothing we can do is gonna stop it.
              Simple game theory here. There are two basic possibilities.
              A-Mankind plays a role in global warming
              B-Mankind does not play a role in global warming.

The question is which course of action to take if we assume (against the vast majority of scientists and research and data and observations) that the truth is unknown. That leaves us with four scenarios:

1) If A is true and we do nothing to reduce our reliance on fossil fuels we face death and destruction, an undesirable result.
              2) If A is false and we do nothing, nothing happens other than running out of fossil fuels which would be an eventuality we would be ill prepared to deal with and lead to political and economic instability worldwide. Another unfavorable result.
              3) If B is true and we do nothing, nothing worse happens for any death and destruction would have happened anyway.
              4) If B is false and we do nothing, death and destruction.

Doing nothing ends badly in all scenarios. The only one where not doing anything is even the least bit smart is scenario 3...but that's assuming we don't run out of resources before the climate feces hits the climate oscillator. So yeah, reducing fossil fuels is ultimately the best course of action regardless of whether or not global warming is impacted by human activity. Logic alone here dictates that we ought to do something.

Edit: Some clarifications and rewriting.
              By Nolamom
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                Actually partial to Makers Mark, but I settle for Jack Daniels if I'm not in the mood to drive into the traffic hellhole where the liquor store that handles Maker's is. Takes a good 20 minutes to get into that parking lot, park, buy it, and get out of the lot back into the street.
                Both a bourbons, I rest my case.
                Absurd that storeowners actually think I'll put up with that much aggravation to go to their store.
                you should ask your local to buy a case of MM. I am sure their distributor can get it, but most smaller stores won't keep stuff if there is no market for it. Make your mark.
                sigpic

Comment

You sir are a genius.
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    You sir are a genius.
                    Shouldn't you be cleaning the cantina bar?
                    It's looking more dusty than normal.
                    sigpic

Comment

That is work for simple minded people which is why Annoyed does it
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

I restate, the bar is looking dustier than normal.
                        sigpic

Comment

Then we need to chain him to the oven like a woman
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Then we need to chain him to the oven like a woman
                            A woman would be more effective.
                            sigpic

Comment

A woman would be more effective.
                              You bet.

Please keep in mind the thread title Jel, I doubt Annoyed qualifies.
                              Spoiler:

Comment

You bet.

Please keep in mind the thread title Jel, I doubt Annoyed qualifies.
                                keep that stuff to the shipper threads thank you very much
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X