X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to raise the next generation of useless leeches:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/21...feated-season/

After an 11-0 season that included nine shutouts, the boys of the West Philadelphia Tarheels Mitey-Mites were hoping to roll into the playoffs and continue their domination all the way to Disney World.

But a mid-season change by Pop Warner officials has pulled the prize of a Florida trip out of the reach of the inner-city kids, leaving them, their coaches and parents huddling together in disappointment.

Caiya Whitehead, the team mom, told FoxNews.com that the undefeated group of seven, eight and nine-year-olds had just played their first regional playoff game when they learned Nov. 9 that the prize rules had changed. Pop Warner had decided weeks earlier that they would not be awarding the two top teams a trip to Disney, as was the case last year. Instead, they selected two teams at random for the highly-coveted prize.
    Josh Pruce, a national spokesman for Pop Warner, said he was sorry the 17 boys are disappointed but he defended the decision as fair.

Pruce told FoxNews.com that Pop Warner has always selected teams at random for the trip to Disney, with the exception of last year.

"The Mitey-Mites is a training division that is not competitive," Pruce said Friday. "There's no winners or losers in our Super Bowl."
    So what are the lessons these kids can be expected to learn?

"What is the point of expending effort to better yourself, it doesn't pay off anyway" "Trying and failing is just as good as winning"

[edit]Or possibly, "the rules were jiggered last year because someone in a position of power in the organization wanted his kid to go to Disney"

With the exception of the last one, [/edit] not lessons we should be teaching our youngsters, if you ask me.
    Last edited by Annoyed; 21 November 2015, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      How to raise the next generation of useless leeches:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/21...feated-season/

So what are the lessons these kids can be expected to learn?

"What is the point of expending effort to better yourself, it doesn't pay off anyway" "Trying and failing is just as good as winning"

[edit]Or possibly, "the rules were jiggered last year because someone in a position of power in the organization wanted his kid to go to Disney"

With the exception of the last one, [/edit] not lessons we should be teaching our youngsters, if you ask me.
      That's not how to raise them Annoyed, that's how you -create- them.
      Trying and failing -should- be celebrated, because at least you try, but winning should be celebrated more. I very much agree with you on that point.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

This is one of the biggest problems I have with the political left in this country.

Freedom of speech, unless you disagree with us.

So typical of the left. Rather than win your argument on the basis of logic and reason, their tactic is to silence your opponent by any means necessary.

At 1:32 in:
        "Liberals seem to think that they're the open minded ones. They're open minded until they face opposition."
        http://video.foxnews.com/v/463452499...ps-pc-demands/

Why are those on the left so afraid of letting differing opinions be heard?

I don't care if someone does have a boneheaded viewpoint on some issue or another, free speech means that they be able to state their views. Let the listener decide if he's an idiot or not.

Comment

This is one of the biggest problems I have with the political left in this country.

Freedom of speech, unless you disagree with us.

So typical of the left. Rather than win your argument on the basis of logic and reason, their tactic is to silence your opponent by any means necessary.

At 1:32 in:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/463452499...ps-pc-demands/

Why are those on the left so afraid of letting differing opinions be heard?

I don't care if someone does have a boneheaded viewpoint on some issue or another, free speech means that they be able to state their views. Let the listener decide if he's an idiot or not.

To be fair, I have only ever heard of this through the news, never seen it first hand or through friends/family. If I didn't read/listen to the news, I would never hear any of this.
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post

To be fair, I have only ever heard of this through the news, never seen it first hand or through friends/family. If I didn't read/listen to the news, I would never hear any of this.
            Silly Vulcan. If you didn't read / listen to the news, you wouldn't hear of anything.

Comment

Silly Vulcan. If you didn't read / listen to the news, you wouldn't hear of anything.
              Okay, my point was poorly made. It's a media thing. Kinda how like they only concentrate on the most incredible things and make them seem a lot more common for ratings. But in reality, they are rather rare. Both student groups are probably in the fringe anyway, the majority just want to study.
              By Nolamom
              sigpic

Comment

Okay, my point was poorly made. It's a media thing. Kinda how like they only concentrate on the most incredible things and make them seem a lot more common for ratings. But in reality, they are rather rare. Both student groups are probably in the fringe anyway, the majority just want to study.
                BZZZZTT!!
                What is Sensationalism?
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Umm... No it is not relatively rare, not by a long shot.

The whole "political correctness" line of fertilizer has been used to silence opposing views on numerous campuses ( Campi? ) as of late.
                  Maybe more later, but my steak is done.

Comment

Umm... No it is not relatively rare, not by a long shot.

The whole "political correctness" line of fertilizer has been used to silence opposing views on numerous campuses ( Campi? ) as of late.
                    Maybe more later, but my steak is done.

Is that based on any actual data or just your impression based on media coverage?
                    By Nolamom
                    sigpic

Comment

Is that based on any actual data or just your impression based on media coverage?
                      How's this?

Vermont climate scientist wants RICO prosecutions of climate change opponents

A climate scientist from Vermont is among 20 environmentalists calling on the Obama administration to use federal racketeering laws to prosecute climate change dissenters.

In a Sept. 1 letter, academics and activists from eight universities and multiple research institutes urged the president and attorney general to investigate corporations and other organizations that have “knowingly deceived the American people about the risks of climate change.” The group wants President Obama and U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch to use the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act to silence political opponents of government climate change policies.

Enacted in 1970 to fight racketeering by Mafia, RICO laws impose criminal penalties on organizational leaders whose indirect influence has led to crimes committed by others. The signatories want prosecutors to shake down fossil fuel companies in the same way RICO was used to investigate tobacco companies a decade ago.
                      If you can't win your argument, silence the opposition, by any means necessary.

Comment

How's this?

remember your Nixon-HMO-left theory?
                        well I say this "climate change scientist" is actually a climate change dissenter in disguise, to compromise credibility & give a bad image of the scientific community
                        there we go

Comment

How's this?

I am not sure what the relevance of this is. I thought we were talking about students in college campuses...this looks like you are avoiding the question and moving the goal posts all at once...actually that's not moving the goal post, that is a change in subject. And I am not a Liberal btw. Much like GateFan, I don't like living in a bubble either.
                          Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                          remember your Nixon-HMO-left theory?
                          well I say this "climate change scientist" is actually a climate change dissenter in disguise, to compromise credibility & give a bad image of the scientific community
                          there we go
                          That would be my answer. One tinfoil hat for another.
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

I am not sure what the relevance of this is. I thought we were talking about students in college campuses...this looks like you are avoiding the question and moving the goal posts all at once...actually that's not moving the goal post, that is a change in subject. And I am not a Liberal btw. Much like GateFan, I don't like living in a bubble either.
                            The point I was making is that one of the most often used strategies of the left is to silence their opposition by any means necessary rather than to engage in a debate / discussion on the topic and let the audience make up its own mind about which side is right. This tactic has been used on many different topics, not just academia.

Comment

The point I was making is that one of the most often used strategies of the left is to silence their opposition by any means necessary rather than to engage in a debate / discussion on the topic and let the audience make up its own mind about which side is right. This tactic has been used on many different topics, not just academia.
                              So? You didn't answer the question. Besides, doesn't the right do the same exact thing? I mean, ordering your supporters to beat someone up or kicking out and ridiculing reporters who ask inconvenient questions or refusing to debate at certain TV forums all together isn't exactly being the paragon of open debate. Nor is interrupting guests on say...a conservative talk show to scream back at them before they can make their point (Conservative talk shows seem to do this...except one or two here and there).

Besides, the whole RICO thing has more to do with lobbyists actively lying about climate change to further their employers economic prosperity. To be fair, the RICO act is not compatible with that goal. But if you want honest discourse, you'd have to admit that the vast majority of scientists and evidence points towards climate change being affected by humans...and that it is happening in the first place.

Besides, isn't it the ACLU who has defended the likes of neo-nazis to their free speech?
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

SO you have not heard of all these colleges instigating 'free speech zones" so only IN those designated spots can people of opposite views speak up with no fear of retribution? Schools where the student body DEMANDS a speaker (conservative) is not allowed to show up, or flat out heckles the hell out of him if he does, but CHEERS and holds parades when its a 'liberal speaker'?

Comment

Working...
                                X