This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
    Now if GF and the Judge's arguments were flipped you'd be nodding your head in agreement with GF so hard it would fall off.
    But I *gave* him the reverse, I said that putting migrant kids in cages or separating them from their parents was not unconstitutional, nor illegal.
    Morally bankrupt perhaps, but neither a legal, nor constitutional violation.
    He does not agree simply because -I- said it, and has more faith in a judge who's only argument was a flimsy statute of limitations argument that even he (the judge) could not go forward with.
    Hint Annoyed, Constitutional violations have no statute of limitations, they are either in, or voted out (see Prohibition)
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Dear climate change denier,

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/06/healt...ntl/index.html

Since the ban in the 80s of certain chemicals the Ozone has been slowly recovering, scientists estimates that everything, including the hole over Antarctica, should be back to normal in 2065.

Still believe this is a natural process that humans don't have any significant impact on? This is concrete proof right there that we cause major damage to our world.
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post

Since the ban in the 80s of certain chemicals the Ozone has been slowly recovering, scientists estimates that everything, including the hole over Antarctica, should be back to normal in 2065.

Still believe this is a natural process that humans don't have any significant impact on? This is concrete proof right there that we cause major damage to our world.
        Intriguing!
        sigpic

Comment

That is what the left wants you to believe
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

you think the media bringing up positive changes in the environment (if there are even any) will help?

am I the only one who can easily imagine the neocons saying: "see? even FakeNews admits the environment's doing good! so it's safe to build more coal & oil factories! #maga #mapa (make america polluted again)"

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
              you think the media bringing up positive changes in the environment (if there are even any) will help?
              This made me realize how our news feed is full of negativity, and the good ones such as this are very sporadic at best. I'll take em any day of the week though. You will excuse me if I do not adopt a fatalist approach to the matter, so yea, it's positive and it's good.

am I the only one who can easily imagine the neocons saying: [I]"see? even FakeNews admits the environment's doing good! so it's safe to build more coal & oil factories! #maga #mapa (make america polluted again)"
              Oh don't you worry for a second, I am convinced this will be used as a catalyst to convince people we're doing just FINE and then shift right back to ''durr hurr dey steel hour jubz!''

Neocons be like: See that bird flying? I told you that climate change was BS!
              Spoiler:
              I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

You will excuse me if I do not adopt a fatalist approach to the matter
                but you do live in america right?

Comment

but you do live in america right?
                  I live in continental America, Sir. I do not like being confused for a burger.
                  Spoiler:

Comment

I live in continental America, Sir. I do not like being confused for a burger.
                    You're not a burger. You're a Lizardman.

That has always been a pet peeve of mine.

America is a very large continent, so large it is divided into 2 continents, North and South America. There are many nations on those continents. An "American" could be a native of any of these nations.

If you wish to refer to the United States, it should be referred to by just that, or by "The United States of America".

Only thing I do not have is an easy descriptor for U S Citizens, such as "Canadian", "Frenchman" or similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post

America is a very large continent, so large it is divided into 2 continents, North and South America. There are many nations on those continents. An "American" could be a native of any of these nations.

If you wish to refer to the United States, it should be referred to by just that, or by "The United States of America".

Only thing I do not have is an easy descriptor for U S Citizens, such as "Canadian", "Frenchman" or similar.
                      Problem with that is that nobody understands, if I say American = USA

But no worries I'm used to it, especially as a Quebecer, English speaking Canadians makes fun of us all the time and many are actually racists and calls us by any name imaginable. The folks in the west (BC excluded) are strikingly similar to your folks in the South.
                      Spoiler:

Comment

am I the only one who can easily imagine the neocons saying: "see? even FakeNews admits the environment's doing good! so it's safe to build more coal & oil factories! #maga #mapa (make america polluted again)"

I Could actually see that happen in the USA.

Pravda baby.. Pravda
                        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I thought it was "Redneck"?

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                            I thought it was "Redneck"?
                            That's Texas.
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Canadians are referred to as "Canadians". U.S. citizens are referred to as "Americans. Citizens of other countries below the U.S. borders are referred to as Mexicans, Venezualans, Brazilians, Argentinans or whatever the name of their country is.

Comment

Just wondering if anyone has heard about the fires in Malibu, and if RDA has had to evacuate? I've been by his house in Malibu.

Comment

Working...
                                X